tao1776 
Posted: 19-Mar-2005, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

male

On my mother's side...Carey...it's all Irish, except for my Grandfather's Mother who carried the name Black. Her Father came over from Ulster Ireland about 1860 and settled in New England. His father immigrated from Scotland to Northern Ireland in the great move.
My family here has never aligned itself with any culture. We were middle class mutts with no sense of tradition. A Black family geneology was passed from my mother several years ago showing our traces back to Scotland. It appeared to explain so much for me.
You see, in hindsight, it is very strange that even without this knowledge of family history, I have had an affinity for all things Scot and to a degree things Scot-Irish, from my youth.
I began to go to the Highland Games in my area and found that the Black name was ascribed to the Gregor Clan.
Portions of New Hamshire were heavily populated by McGreggors, but it is rare to see the Clan represented at the games. To my knowledge there is only one group in Northern New Hamshire that will represent at a few games.
My wife, Deirdre, with Welsh ties, and me...it's so interesting to see how we have taken on the celtic side of our heritage. It does feel so familier to us. Like it was dormant in our genes. Is this crazy? Have you had a simular experience?
Tim

http://www.tao1776.blogspot.com
PMEmail Poster               
Aragorn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

Hey Tim, I know what you mean about having an inner sense or knowing you have Scottish ancestry. I have the same feelings and after some research I have discovered my Scottish roots. I am glad you have found where those roots reside. It feels good to have that affirmation. Thank you for posting.

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]