Posted: 13-Aug-2004, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

Joy: Taeaching in a Catholic School

Fear: The ability to afford to kee doing it.

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 14-Aug-2004, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Welcome singlespeed!

I'm sure you are a great addition to the staff of any school and I pray you can find a way to support yourself while doing what God has called you to do.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Aug-2004, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone! I was in California for 5 days. Missed you all. Had things to take care of concering my mother's passing. We had to go through her things and etc. Very difficult and makes things that much more real! I had a very nice visit with my sister, but I am very glad to be back home with hubby and doggies. Sis is having a really hard time with our mother's passing and then when I left she bawled! I felt so badly for her. I have good and bad days but I really feel my sister needs to go for grief counseling! I have talked to her about this, but I get the feeling she is just not convinced she needs it. Oh well...........all you can do is make a suggestion but I pray and ask that you pray for her, Noreen, to be comforted and will seek some counseling. She is not a Christian and keeps talking about how she knows mother is there with her taking care of her, while I keep stressing that God is there for her. Very difficult.

Allen, I am glad you got your tests done. I am praying for good results. Keep us posted.

Hope all is well!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 18-Aug-2004, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Glad that your back with us CelticRose, we missed you. Maybe with time your sister will be able to deal with the loss of your Mom. Time does heal but you never get over the loss. sad.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 18-Aug-2004, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Welcome home, CelticRose! Good to have you home safe. I bet your hubby and doggies were glad to see you. smile.gif I will keep both you and your sister in my prayers.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Welcome Home Rose!

Prayers for you and yuour sister to overcome the grief you are facing.

How is your husband?

CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you all for being so concerned and there for me and for the wonderful welcome back! It really helps.

My hubby is doing well. He has a doctor's appointment in September with a urologist and so I am a wee bit worried about that.

Sis is making plans to come visit us during the Christmas holidays and so that will be great! The only downer when I was there visiting in CA was that she got sick with a migraine for two days and had to spend the days in bed. We were to go to a Corrs concert together but she could not make it and I ended up driving to Hollywood to see them alone. I had a great time but sure wished sis could have been there to enjoy the event as I felt she needed it. I think she just got too excited and worked up and got the migraine. sad.gif

How is everyone else doing? What is new? I keep you all in my prayers all the time! smile.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hallo a ghràidh!

SO glad you are back! I missed you! Well, I got my results back and the doctor is sure about the emphysema and has put me on an inhaler. But THERE IS NO SPOT ON MY LUNG! HALLELUJAH! Can you tell I'm happy?biggrin.gif Turns out what she thought was a spot was a bit of arthriits on my spine! I can deal with that! Sorry about your sister. I'll br praying for the both of ya! Take care a ghràidh, and God bless!
Oh! Before I forget, I'm going camping again this weekend, so I guess it will be Monday before I'll be back! Have a nice weekend everyone!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh what joyful news, Allen! sorry about the emphysema, but you can control that. So happy to finally hear of the results! Have a great camping trip. I think you deserve it with what all you have been through. Take care and have fun.

God Bless you all! smile.gif
susieq76 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey all -

I have a definite joy to share. Last night I was reading a book about the Emergent Church, and in the book, several people had been selected to share their stories of frustration, etc. with the institutional church. As I was reading one man's frustrations, I realized just how blessed I truly am. Of all the places, times, families, churches and communities I could have been born into, the Lord truly blessed me beyond measure, and I am so grateful for that. angel_not.gif

Our church will be burying one of our younger members this weekend - she was killed in a car accident last Saturday. And I am reminded of how blessed I am to be able to kiss my daughter goodnight every night. I pray that I never find myself in the place where I cannot do so. Having buried one child (an infant), I know the finality of death, as does everyone who buries a loved one. My heart goes out to you, Celtic Rose. Know that you are wrapped not only in our prayers, but in God's loving arms as well.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
gtrplr 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

Hello, all. I don't always post replies here, but I do read this thread, and I do pray.

So now, I come to you with hat in hand, humbly asking for prayers for my father-in-law, Stan Smith of Jackson, MS. We found out today that he was bitten by a brown recluse spider a day or so ago. He is at the doctor right now. My wife is driving down tonight (from Nashville). This was a planned trip, she is taking her daughter (my step-daughter) down to visit her cousin for a couple of months. My wife will be taking her dad to the doctor again on Friday, but right now, we don't know his status.

I might also note that about this time 7 years ago, she lost a very close friend to a brown recluse bite. Needless to say, she isn't handling this news calmly.

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi SusieQ! I feel so badly that your had to bury a young one. That is so painful for everyone. I had to bury my brother at 18 and cousin at 18 as well due to car accidents. It was so painful to see them leave this earth and my life. I have to deal with a lot of loss in my life and it doesn't get any easier.

Thank you for your prayers, SusieQ. This has been a very difficult year. Sheesh! It seems like it never stops! I will look forward to next year and get out of this year!

Glad to hear of the blessings you have and have been blessed to realize. You know I know so many Christians who have no idea when God is with them and blessing and intervening in their lives...........such a shame. They only see the negative. I am thankful to hear that you are. Everything happens for a reason. No matter what it is.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG! gtrplr! Please let us know the outcome of our prayers. This is terrible. will be praying for you.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Prayers truly work! I will be praying for your father-in-law as well as the rest of your family during this difficult time.

--------------------

user posted image
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hey there, gtrplr! Your father-in-law is on my prayer list! As will your wife and family! God bless and keep you, my friend!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]