Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How Was Your St. Paddys Day?, good or so-so...
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 07:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

How was your St. Patricks Day yesterday?
Mine was actually pretty good. I learned I had won a big contract I had been working on for while. Co-workers seem pretty excited about it. Also picked up more work in Indiana too.
The weather was beautiful. It is finally getting to be spring-like here.
This board was hoppin' yesterday. It set a record for most members for a day: 114!
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

BTW,
I also took the opportunity yesterday to modify my username, i honor of St. Patrick, whom I was named after!
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Well ain't we lucky LOL I guess you found the lucky clover in your cereal.

I had a leprachun in my computer yesterday. LOL

My hard drive gave up and I had to get a new one. Lucky I had most of my things backed up and could pretty much just copy everything over but some things just got lost.

Weatherwise it was raining all day long. I guess the lucky clover didn't make it over here. biggrin.gif

I wish you the best with that contract of yours. Congrats.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I had a good St Patricks Day. Lots of green, cards and greetings from the family. And I toped it off going Scottish Country Dancing. We did a dance in honor of the day. It was an unfamiliar dance and we had too many new people which made it hard to do. After doing the dance twice. We said enough tribute to the Irish lets get back to Scottish Country Dancing.LOL.. It was a fun dance, afterwards we went to Schillings.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I didn't do anything special. No green beer or anything. The only green I like in my beer is a lime in a Corona biggrin.gif . We didn't even have corned beef & cabbage last night no.gif . My parents went to a corned beef dinner tonight and they didn't want to have the same thing two nights in a row.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 18-Mar-2005, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

After work, I went to Johnny's Irish Pub in Rochester, NY, a few blocks from where I live, where I had a dinner of corned beef and cabbage, with a pint of Guinness. Had a chance to chat with some friends, including one of my Eagle Scouts, who was home on leave. He is now a US Army Kiowa helicopter pilot, preparing to deploy to Iraq.
Listened to tunes by the Wild Geese, a full-speed-ahead Irish band, that mixes a bit of awareness raising with their music. After singing a song about the 1840's Irish Great Famine, one of the band members started talking about how the Irish still remember and appreciate the help they received from Americans, and how without the contributions sent back to Ireland from the Irish who emigrated to the US, things would have been even worse. He said that when someone from a country other than the US visits Ireland for the 1st time, the question might be: "How are you enjoying your 1st visit to Ireland? When an American visits, the question might well be: "Is this your 1st visit Home?
Their new live album "Unplucked, the Wild Geese Live at Johnny's," which I was fortunate enough to watch being recorded live at Johnny's on January 30 of this year was released after their first set, so I have a memorable CD to mark this year's St. Patrick's day.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]