gwenlee 
Posted: 07-Jul-2009, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 07-Jul-2009, 11:52 AM)
Gwen, have fun in the northwest. It's getting some good press, with the popular Twilight movie being set there.

S.

My sister lives just down the road from Forks and her husband is Native American. The family is laughing and taking all the publicity in stride. I am hoping to get some hiking done in the Hoh national forest, and just relax. I will be visiting Forks, La Push, and Port Angeles. I hope to do some Scottish Country Dancing if I can find an group that meets in the summer.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 10-Jul-2009, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hi everyone!

Yes it has been a long long time. Been busy with my little boy Cian. He's now almost 10 months old. Starting to stand and getting into everything!!!! He will be running soon and so will I at that point.

Back in February I lost my job and have been a SAHM since then. I'd really like to get back into the work force but as we all know there isn't much of anything out there right now. I'm hoping things open up soon since unemployment won't last forever.

I can't believe how quickly the summer is going. It seems like it just started but it is nearly half over. I'm hoping to enjoy Milwaukee's Irish Fest again this year but not sure how it will be with Cian along. I'm hoping that we'll get to see some good acts this year and maybe be able to leave him at his grandparents for Saturday night and hopefully catch some good headliners.

Tuning in to the station today because Cian's fussing me a bit and am glad he likes the music. It put him to sleep in about 10 minutes which means I get time to drop you all a note and let you know I haven't completely fallen off the face of the planet.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer and hope I can drop in again soon to say hello.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 16-Jul-2009, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

Update on the condo.

The more I've looked around, the more I've spotted things that need to be repaired/replaced. The air conditioner broke the fourth day of my occupancy (thank God I haven't needed it-it's been very mild here). The handyman my parents hired said it'll need to be replaced. Also, the previous owner punched a hole in the bedroom door and just covered it up, so the door needs replacing. Also, I saw that the bedroom had wallpaper that had just been painted over and the wallpaper is bubbling in a few spots, so the handyman will repair that.

My condo complex does have on-site maintenance, but he's only part-time help and only does exterior and communal area maintenance.

Pictures will be coming soon after all the maintenance has been taken care of.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
valpal59 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Ah yes, repairs. Welcome to the headaches of owning a home. wink.gif

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Yeah, having to pay for home repairs does suck.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can do is unclog a drain, and that's only if the clog is in the U-bend.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Hello everybody! been gone for a bit but there's been alot going on so I haven't been online as much as I like to be. Lets see now, update.
My dad crisis- My dad who was trying to lose weight for hip surgury found a lumb. he decides to get it check down in Florida while he is down there for the winter. They do a test, lose the results, do another test, take two months for the results, and tell him its cancer. So, he goes in for chemo and the port they put in is defective and infected. Nearly kills him but he rewcovers , comes home, has the hip surgury done locally and is having another test because now it might not be cancer.
Wife is working on her BS in Nursing through Phoenix online which means even less computer time for me. Dog had puppies which brings total up to ten. Having a hard time getting wife to sell them. "They are just too cute" she says. Whats left on the floor for me to clean up is not cute.
Father in law passed away at the age of 91 two weeks ago. I now have a house in the country that I have no idea what to do with since its in the middle of nowhere and the cost for the funeral. Nice guy but didn't plan thing very well. Small family fight at the funeral. Got stopped before I showed up. Darn! I had a few words for the whole lot of them. Should have joined the monestary when I finshed college.
Two of the three cars we have broke down at the same time-on a Sunday.
Daughter informed us last night that she is expecting baby number two. I'm hoping its a boy so i can get out of the dang Barbie aisle.
My job still sucks. Anybody want to buy a dachshund?

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I had to laugh because of your wonderful sense of humor over the whole thing!

Sorry your father didn't get quality health care down here in Florida. It seems you really have to watch what the health care system is doing. I hope his recovery goes well and does not have cancer.

I thought it was just my family that acted up.

Your comment on the dachshunds really got me going. I see where Cincinnati (which has the second largest Oktoberfest in the world) will hold it in September(?)
this year. They have the Running of the Wieners (dressed in hot dog outfits of course). You could swamp the competition.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 21-Jul-2009, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,139 Gold!

Oh Robert you have had a time of it...and can still make jokes...just shows what kind of guy you are....I hope you father's lump isn't cancer and am so sorry that he had to go through all of this if it isn't...excuse me any doctor's out there, but they can be idiots at times....
Just went this afternoon and had pictures done of myself and my 13 month old granddaughter in kilts...thought I had better get it done before she outgrew the one I bought her...
My daughter (parent of the 13 month old) would love to have a dachshund ...she's been wanting one for years, even has the name picked out...Oscar of course...
I just don't have the time to keep up with all the sites on here any more...it's all I can do to play the Medieval game... Summer sure is speeding by and I haven't done much of anything to enjoy it...one weekend getaway and 2 trips to the St. Louis Zoo...no camping trips planned until Labor Day...we used to go camping a lot more...
Everyone take care and if I don't check in for a while ..I haven't disappeared ..just busy...
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 26-Jul-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Darn Leenie! If only I had looked before hand and saw your post. My daughter went down to Illinois this wekeend to vist her future in laws in McHenry?to tell them that he and her fiancee are expecting! I guess they took it well. She could have bought any dog you wanted down. I've had only two bites from the ad I placed in the paper and nothing sold yet.
In more news I keep pressing on for sainthood. My van had a flat tire which came from a tie rod that busted which also messed up one of the ball joints. So I got one vehicle out of the shop only to have one go in. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. The repair man came and looked at my washer and dryer and has decreed that both are unrepairable so I must truge off to the kingdom of laun dree mat every other day. At least there is a TV there. And my refrigerator has also gone up and died. Actually it hasn't really died yet. The repairman says that the coils have some pinhole leaks and that's why it won't stay cold enough anymore. The freezer is pretty much at the level of coldness that the fridge used to be so I guess its sort of half dead since I can still use the top half. Hey I have a undead refridgerator. Beware the zombie fridge!!
So I keep pressing on. Hope to see you at Irishfest this year Senara. I know what its like to have to drag the munkins along. I've done it for the last four years and I'm hoping to avoid it this year. I would like to seethe entire Red Hot Chili Pipers concert before being dragged off by my wife and grandaughter to look at some thing that resembles something from bath and body works!
Time to finished my Finnegans, look around on the site a biot more, and head to bed. Have a good night everybody! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hi everyone!

Been a few weeks since I've posted here (although I've been lurking around).

I've got some pics of the condo uploaded!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mdf3530/
Sonee 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Hey all! I've been gone for so long I almost forgot how good it was to talk to everyone here! I haven't had time to read all the posts I've missed (it has been over a year so there are quite a few unread ones!) but I will catch up on all the goings on. In the meantime I hope that everone is well and things are going good for you all.

As for me, I graduated from college, FINALLY, in May with a double bachelor's degree in Creative Writing and History. This fall I will begin work on my master's degree only this time the school is going to pay for my tuition and, if I teach and/or tutor in the writing center they will also pay me a stipend. So I'm on my way to a master's degree now. I'm also working on a novel and a 100 pg short story. Hopefull, by this time next year I will be a published author!

On a sadder note my marriage dissolved over the summer. I am now living on my own with my two kids. While it's good for me, he doesn't seem to be taking it so well and things are a bit tense there. Even though he is the one who told me to get out. Oh well, gotta deal with what life hands you so now me and the kids are on a wonderful adventure of self-discovery.

Well, I have to get to my summer job so I'll have to end it here. Again I hope everyone is well and I'm glad to be able, once again, to talk with my friends here. I really did miss you all!!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 31-Aug-2009, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hi everyone!

The condo is coming along nicely. I've hung some more pictures up on the walls.

Last night, my dad, brother-in-law, nephew and I had a "Guys' Night Out" at a Windy City Thunderbolts (independent Frontier League minor league baseball team) game. We also went to a local restaurant for dinner. If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, I uploaded a picture of Jay just drowning in my windbreaker.
valpal59 
Posted: 13-Sep-2009, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hello everyone.
Finally had some time to get here. Hope this finds everyone well. I have missed being here like I used to.
I have been spending as much time as I can in Woodward with my Mom. I have finally gotten it through my sister's thick head that she needs to physically make sure Mom is taking her medication, a phone call will not cut it. She is holding steady at the moment. She has not known who I was only once.
I have been battling depression. After each visit, it takes a few days for me to get myself back together. Hanging in there.

Mike, checked out the photos of your place. Nice......

Off to check out some of the other forums and try to get caught up. Take care everyone.

Val

PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Sep-2009, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Greetings all! Been a long time since I have been in here. Not intentional but just seems like life keeps getting in my way of everything I want to do each day.

I spend most my time doing any kind of photography I can do so I can learn more and more and how to become better. Practice makes better, eh?

DH has had a lot of health issues, but we're ok. With the exception of all the medical bills. LOL

Still have two Shelties. Look for a third from time-to-time, but know that I really don't need to be spending money to feed another dog.

I get to see Diana Gabaldon on October 10th for her new book signing. I can hardly wait!

Hope this finds you all doing well and keeping healthy.

Hugs!
flora 
Posted: 15-Sep-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Valpal, it took me several days to get the courage to share my thoughts. I lost my mother 7 years ago this month. I understand the depression that you are fighting. Please hang in there. Cherish each moment you have with your mom. Even though we don't understand why this happens, strive to enjoy the good. Sending prayers your way.

DesertRose, I am so looking for to the new book. Please give Diana a big hug from all her fans here.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]