Bookmark and Share
behan 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

i am a german living in scotland , mother is half scottish but i dont consider myself scottish in any way , i love living in scotland and i cant belive there are so many non scots non irish etc , just wonderingif there are any real celts out there to talk to ie: scots , irish , basque , manx , etc,.
i have lived all over europe and i dont really count the cornish or welsh as celts as i know for a fact they do not live in a celtic society , like the socts or irish , infact most welsh are anglo welsh and they seem more english to me than originaly celt.
PMEmail Poster               
celtica 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Hi Behan !

I'm bretonne, living in Brittany. Do you consider me as a "real" celt ? wink.gif

PS : As far as I know it, Basque are no celts at all. unsure.gif We don't know exactly where they come from and the origine of their very strange language, it sounds from time to time a bit like chineese...

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
behan 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

hiya , thanks for replying to my post i have been to brittany i love france , very hot weather , yes i consider french from brittany to be celtic i have viewed celtic customs there when i was very young
PMEmail Poster               
celtica 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

laugh.gif laugh.gif Maybe it's the first time in my life that someone tells me that the weather is very hot in Brittany ! thumbs_up.gif . There's a revival of the celtics traditions here since the early 70s. More and more very famous festivals of music, litterature, dance, traditional games, etc. - most of them internationals (with all the others celtics nations). We are very proud of our celtic identity, and the french government don't always appreciate that, but never mind !

You're lucky to live in Scotland, I visited the country last summer and the highlands are amazing. Beautiful, not crowded and with warmly people. thumbs_up.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I don't know, I've always considered myself to be a real Celt. The celtic heritage of Nova Scotia may not have originated here, but I'd be damned if it's not a true celtic culture. (I do not, however, consider myself as Scotish, if that makes you feel better)

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
Catriona 
Posted: 14-Jul-2004, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Welll, I'm Scots, from Edinburgh.... Is that Scottish enough for you?! tongue.gif

Frankly, the Scots are such a mixture, Celtic, Pict, Norman, Viking etc..... it is almost impossible to call ANY of us 'Celts'.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
© Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With Chrome (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]