Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ask The Other Sex, Things you always wanted to know!
Camac
Posted: 15-Aug-2008, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Ouch is right. Does he enjoy pain?

Camac.

ballydun 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

This is one of the most informative and funniest threads I've seen here in a long time! Who know that one question would cause such a fuss!!

I don't have a lot of shoes...I don't get the shoe thing either.

My hubby is a hairy man. I really kind of like it! He shaves his head most of the year, always has a beard of some kind. In December he quits shaving his head and grows it until March when we have a head shaving fundraiser event for children's cancer research. Then he's bald again until December.

A question for the men... Why when a woman has a great idea a man has to shoot it down only to brilliantly come up with the same idea himself later? Maybe it is just the men I've known who do this and not a majority of them, but it drives me crazy!! wacko.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

It's genetic. Woven into the basic makeup of the male animal from millenia of supressing women. Also few man will admit that women are smarter.

Camac.

stoirmeil 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Camac @ 16-Aug-2008, 12:19 PM)
It's genetic. Woven into the basic makeup of the male animal from millenia of supressing women. Also few man will admit that women are smarter.

Camac.

Maybe . . . I think what is genuinely evolutionary is that in many cultures men lead the group and officially make decisions, it's just one of their sex-related functions, and rarely (if ever) do women do it. It is not that women's smarts or contributions are not valued or can't be utilized, there are just social prescriptions for how women's ideas can be taken in. Making a woman's idea "his own" first sounds like one of those solutions.
whistling.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

It reminds of a time when my ex fell and wasn't sure if he might of broke a rib,asked me what I thought. I couldn't see his ribs so the only anwser I had for him was go get an X-ray. Well some time passed and a "male friend" of his came over and told him the samething I did. Off to the hospital they went. I guess it means more coming from the same sex huh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Ladies;

Ever since the first ape-man fell out of the tree and landed on his feet he has carried with him the genetic memory of his animal ancestors and that is male - big, female - small, male - strong, female - weak. Male - kill. female- -cook. You would think that after 2 1/2 million years that memory would fade. Well aided and abetted by society, include our so called modern one it hasn't faded it has been sustained and still allowed to grow. Maybe in another 2 1/2 million years or so it will have died out. Til then ladies do what you have always done. Pull our asses out of the fire when we screw up.

Camac

flora 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Hello, everyone!

I have been off camping for a week and so wanted to know about the responses that went on while I was gone. For the record, I made an effort to stay hairless and my husband made an effort not to.

Since we were traveling there were direction questions. My husband's business gave him a GPS as a gift and in using that we experienced many roads that we did not know where available. Why is the voice response in the GPS a female's? Himmmm!

I'm afraid my husband takes after his Viking grandfather in that the next hill is just there to be conquered, whereas I like to experience the local people and their customs.

What happens when you travel?

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
togo 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Massachusetts

male

For some odd reason after reading this post I fell compelled to do my hair history.
I am a clean shaven man. Have been most of my life. I did have a few times experimenting with a beard and mustache just for fun. Never lasted long. Just something to do. Little chest hair and keep it there. Try to trim my nose hair every now and then. Just recently, when getting a hair cut, the stylist asked if I wanted my eye brows trimmed. I never really though about it and they are not big and busy by any means. But I said why do I need to?? She said many people do so I said sure why not. When she was done it looked the same.
I hope I'm not splitting hairs here.

Now my woman/man question.

Ladies why is it that when many of you (notice I said many not all, I' have learned well through the years!) when you go to a wedding you need a whole NEW outfit??? AND then use it just once??
While the man (me) usually just goes and wears THE suit.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (togo @ 13-Oct-2008, 12:12 PM)
Ladies why is it that when many of you (notice I said many not all, I' have learned well through the years!) when you go to a wedding you need a whole NEW outfit??? AND then use it just once??
While the man (me) usually just goes and wears THE suit.

Special-occasion clothing is a chance to enhance looks and show it off. When it's to a bunch of people that we know -- like a big family occasion, wedding, graduation, christening, etc. -- maybe they have seen our other finery before, so we want somethng new. It's a little competitive, too -- who's aging well, who's doing well (as in prospering), and the nicest new clothes we can get keep us in the running. I have read that especially at a wedding, where there is a star of the show (the bride) who is by popular acclaim the most beautiful and in the most attention-getting outfit (naturally), the wish to strut our own fnery is also intensified. I can tell you this: having worked for a time in the wedding industry, I have seen that very often the bride is no trouble at all compared to her mother. She, and by extension her generation, is passing on the torch of new bride, new wife, maybe soon to be new mother in the family going on, and it's a poignant time, even though there is a lot of joy too. There's often just as much fuss and care spent on the mother's outfit as there is on the bridal gown. Then of course all the women want in at the fashion parade.

Just my two cents' worth. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I am just the opposite. Find dresses uncomfortable, I do own some and have been told "I clean up real good". Give me a nice pair of jeans and I'm a happy camper. When my daughter got married she pick out my dress and though I did like it I haven't had much call for a long formal dress with shoes to match.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

When all 3 daughters decided to tie the know I bought new outfits to wear at the three weddings, (you know the brides mother has to look good, too) guess what? all 3 outfits are still hanging in the closet and have only been worn once! biggrin.gif shame on me!!!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 13-Oct-2008, 01:38 PM)
When all 3 daughters decided to tie the know I bought new outfits to wear at the three weddings, (you know the brides mother has to look good, too) guess what? all 3 outfits are still hanging in the closet and have only been worn once! biggrin.gif shame on me!!!

You know what? That means we have to have an excuse to wear the nice clothes. A fancy night out at a really posh restaurant. Let the guys know! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Depends on the wedding. If it is a "family wedding" there is always the want to look good for the bride or groom. If it is a friend, I don't see the necessity of buying a new outfit, just wear something nice.

I think fashion dictates have loosen somewhat also. I know many gentlemen, young and not so young who go to weddings in just a nice shirt, slacks and a tie. A nice regular suit for a gentleman can cost well over $500 to $600. I don't believe women spend that much on three dresses unless they are in the wedding party.

Now shoes are a different story altogether tongue.gif

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 13-Oct-2008, 06:09 PM)
You know what? That means we have to have an excuse to wear the nice clothes. A fancy night out at a really posh restaurant. Let the guys know! smile.gif

When my youngest daughter got married, there was no MOTB but the brides maids dresses were made to be easily shortened to become semi-formal. I will have to ask her if anyone wore them again.

The night out is a good idea. My wife and I used to go to an upscale restaurant once a month.

Slainte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

The last "really nice dress" I bought was 4 years ago when hubby and I renewed our wedding vows for our 25th anniversary in Las Vegas. For all other occasions I have 4 nice dresses in my closet to pick from. I agree with Harlot, I'm really not comfortable in dresses. I wear nice pants at work, capris and t shirts in warm weather and sweats in cold weather.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]