maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-Feb-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I seen that ad for a Happy Period! It's at the end of commercial that is promoting pads for young girls in Africa, I think it was Africa unsure.gif They say they can't even go to school when their menses come around, I guess they just don't have the protection! Wouldn't that be terrible? Still yet I can't see why they promote it as a Happy Period.

Those darn hot flashes are back and as hot as ever, a complete meltdown. I've had to go outside and set on the steps for a short while this week and have the ceiling fans on thruout the house. I'm freezing my hubby into a popsicle. I hate this! furious.gif I don't know why they stopped and then started again. I've read where some dr's are prescribing a low dosage of an antidepressant for hot flashes. I think I'm just about ready to take a trip to the dr's office.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 08-Feb-2008, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,405 Gold!

First time posting in the ladies only chat... It seems I fit right in though... we're mostly all the same ages with the same problems...I started into Menopause around 40. Ups and downs for several years and no Aunt Flo for the past 3 years...Yeah! I tell everyone that my thermostat quit working a few years ago. Not hot flashes but I'm just hot most of the time now..used to freeze all the time when I was younger..
When I'm hot at work I go into one of our walk-in coolers where we keep the flowers..feels wonderful.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nara 
Posted: 09-Feb-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

Leenie, that sounds like the most beautiful relief for hot flashes I've ever heard of. i was talking to me mum a couple of days ago and she mentioned that she hasn't had a period in a couple of months and wondered what was wrong and if I thought she should see a doctor. laugh.gif she's 54 and a fairly late bloomer as far as menopause goes. I asked her if she'd considered it might be time for menopause and she was shocked. maybe she though she could skip that part of life...

my poor wonderful mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of weeks ago. can't remember if I've posted that. they've taken the tumor, then gone back a couple of times for lymph nodes, all just for testing. she'll have her mastectomy in a couple of weeks, then start chemo and radiation. she is being such a trouper about it, even joked that there really isn't much there to miss. keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Nara, I'm the same age as your Mother. Either your Mother is pregnant or starting thru the change! biggrin.gif I'm a late bloomer also, I started the hot flashes several years back but still had my menses until Sept. of last year. In Jan. I had one that lasted a few days. I just never know what to expect at this time of my life. Not an easy road to travel! So sorry to hear about your m-i-l's breast cancer. I hope she has a full recovery.

Nara 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

thanks, Maggie. i hate to see her have to go through all of this. she's one of my most favorite people. i got really lucky when it comes to in-laws. then again, i got pretty lucky when it comes to husbands. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I'll send positive wombat thoughts out for a speedy recovery, nara. They seemed to help leenie so perhaps they will help your mother-in-law.

I think I'm taking the slow boat to menopause. I've been having irregular monthlies since maybe the past two years. I'm pretty much down to every other month now. I decided to pick up a small monthly calendar yesterday (since they were down to $1 at Borders) to keep track of things like moods and sleep patterns, along with actual periods. I know this weekend I was really moody and I had sleep issues Saturday night. So, I'll see if I can determine anything from that. If nothing else, I can hopefully warn my sweetie when it's time to treat me extra nicely. wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Nara, I had a wonderful m-i-l and her son is kinda special to! biggrin.gif My m-i-l died in 1996 from complications of Parkinson Disease. She was a kind soul and loved her family and friends dearly. She lived with me and my family for the last 5 years of her life. She was in and out of the hospital so many times, had a feeding tube, foley cath. and a central line so she could have IV antibiotics at home. Thank goodness for the Home Health that helped us out and taught us many different ways of making sure she had no skin breakdowns, because she was bed fast. I can't believe that my family went thru all of that and kept our sanity! I have found that a person can do most anything if they sit their mind to it.
Nara 
Posted: 14-Feb-2008, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

You and your family should be sainted. There are not many that can shoulder such a load, even if they want to.
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 26-Feb-2008, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

I'm sorry I peeked!!! Couldn't help myself. May God bless all womandom!!!!! I know I thank God for my beloved of 28 years. To all mothers, sisters, daughters a big hoora and thanks.
Ok I'm out of here and won't peek again.

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Feb-2008, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

LOL you peeker you!!!!!! laugh.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 26-Feb-2008, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

OMG - a voyeur!

nono.gif

lol.gif

leenie 
Posted: 01-Mar-2008, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,405 Gold!

jawdrop.gif OMG A MAN!!! LOL You should be ashamed ulsterscotnutt...doubtful if you saw anything you didn't already know though.
Nara 
Posted: 02-Mar-2008, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

truly, there is really anything secret anymore thanks to television. somehow, though, the workings of a woman's mind is still a mystery to a man, isn't it? can't really blame you, ulsterscotnutt. we are quite fascinating. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 02-Mar-2008, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Okay, I'm throwing out two possible topics to see who wants to jump in here: plastic surgery and/or bikini shaves.

Any takers?
Nara 
Posted: 03-Mar-2008, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

i'll bite...
many of my fellow nurses in the ICU have been, um, enhanced. i've never heard any of them say they regret it. we're trying for number 4 baby now, which will probably be our last. i've told the hubs that i'm having my varicose veins done when we're done having kids. the new "in" thing is the "mommy makeover": a tummy tuck and breast enhancement. i've thought about it for when we're done. haven't decided. i'm not against plastic surgery, but i don't want to look like Dolly Parton, either.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]