Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Pets Names, What are your pets and their names?
maisky 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 21-Oct-2004, 06:31 AM)
I'm getting a new yellow retriever and his name is going to be "maisky"

such a honor

Aw shucks, Mistress Annabelle! wub.gif I am flattered! I wish you joy with the puppy.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

We've got a German Shepherd named Buffy (the kitty slayer), and two cats named Faith (the puppy slayer) and Rupert Giles, though I call him Ripper. Yes, all names from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. BEST SHOW ON EARTH!

We're sitting two pups for our neighbours. An 8mo Shepherd/Pitbull cross (though Ange thinks he's got Rotti in him) named Levi, and a 3mo Aussi Sheep dog crossed with what seems like a pointer, and his name is Wrangler. He left a puddle for me to step in on Tuesday, and now my right sneaker reeks of pupee. Yes, I'm wearing my boots today.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
shanna 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Bastrop, TX

female

Most of my pets are either rescues or were throw aways, and since I live in the country we see a lot of throw aways.

First the dogs Jaxson a 13yr anatolian shepard, Maggie Mae-14 yr terrier mix, Tinker-13 yr terrier, Snitzel-12 yr mini dachshund , Daisy-9 yr long hair dachshund , Killer-9 yr long hair chihuahua, Gemma-6 yr rat terrier, Ms Skeeter 3 yr great dane, Slugger- 2 yr chihuahua, Jazzy Jo-2 yr hairless chihuahua, and Rowan-1 yr chihuahua dachshund mix

Then the cats Eliza Jane-10 yr DSH white and brown tabby, Willow-7 yr calico, Billy Bob-3 yr brown tabby and Lucky-1 yr black oriental short hair.

I also have mini donkeys, mini horses, mini goats and mini zebu cattle-not sure if they count as "pets" or not, but they do give lots of love and just watching them in the pasture or feeding and grooming them is very pleasant and great therapy.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

We are owned by three cats. Their names are Regis, Onyx and Jerry. There are pics of onyx and regis in my gallery. I'll have to add Jerry soon.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

We have the following pets:

Beagle-Shepheard Mix names Sally, then we have a Manx (tail-less cat) named Avalon, a calico cat named Talia, a purebred cat (looks like a long haired silver point Siamese - I know it something else but know not what - she was a stray and sat one morning in front of my door) named Aya and her son named Caryo.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Herrerano 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Two dogs, one older-then-dirt female that is some kind of hairy mix named Gypsie, and a two year old Dalmation named Rex who thinks his place should be in my lap at all times. We also have the orange cat, which we call the orange cat, although my daughter Margaret used to call him Margarito. Then there are the parrots, one that lives in the mango tree in the front of the house and likes to climb onto the gate into the yard so she can peck out my eyes when I try and come in and two that live out in the back of the house that make an incredible amount of noise and enjoy calling Rex to confuse him.

We also have numerous chickens but they don't count as pets since we are eating them one by one.

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
cori 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

Two danes. Male and female. Gideon and Maggie.

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
Danann 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Well, I have an Australian Shepherd... smart little cuss I call Hoover. (Though his nickname is Budda... for 2 reason, Budda because he likes his belly rubbed, and Budda short for Buddapest... because he's a pesky little (ha!) thing.) Hoover earned his name cleaning up the food that the Great Dane Harley - Hoover's first girlfriend - would drop on the carpet to eat at a later date. Hoover's a Blue Merle with Blue eyes... wonderful baby boy he is...

And as of November 20th, I'll be mommy to a new furkid - a cat named Topaz. A yellow tiger striped domestic short hair. We'll see how her and the Pest get along...

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (cori @ 21-Oct-2004, 11:05 AM)
Two danes. Male and female. Gideon and Maggie.

I had a Great Dane named Maggie growing up. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,531 Gold!

Dog--Daisy Mae, part Walker hound and part something else. Loved by my wife above any other living creature, two or four legged.

Cats--Zeke, 19 pound (not fat, all muscle) gray on gray tabby. Loves and trusts me, tolerates my wife, runs/hides from everyone else.

Mr. Middy, 36 inches long from nose to tail, black with white spot on neck and "front arm pits", 80% crippled in back legs.

Dusty, gray and liberally "dusted" with tan, world's "neediest" cat

Tony, white, small, independent as all get out

Pixel, orange tabby, ten years old, world's best mouser.

In temporary residence

no name/Taz/Bozo/Godzilla, abandoned by neighbor who moved, not quite a year old and something over 80 pounds, "duke's mixture", tan, blocky looking with ridge of hair down back of head and half way down back, very friendly but greets people by jumping on them, their cars, anything else that's handy---If anyone wants a dog, this one is available-NOW

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so glad their are so many pet people out there!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I am a major animal lover! At one time had four Sheltie dogs in my home and they could cause enough ruccus for 25 kids hollering! laugh.gif But I really love the breed.

Now I am down to one Sheltie male name Nikki! He is a really sweet dog who loves people and other dogs. But, boy! Is he ever verbal! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

We are presently looking for a companion for him as he is very social and loves to play!
Annham 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 20-Oct-2004, 10:20 PM)

Wow that is a lot of guinea pigs. I like cocker spainels also..I love all animals..

Rindy

Wow Rindy, I think you started something, We really have a lot of pet lovers here!

About the guinea pigs... My daughter bought one guinea pig, a male, then a few days later she bought a baby which was a female and promised to take the male to the vet and have him "fixed".
Well, that never happened, so you can guess the rest of the story.
Now the males and females are SEPARATE, in two cages...
She told me the other day that she had given two away, but they are still here sad.gif
The person she gave them to has to get a cage.
I told her she could have given away one cage along with it's contents, (that would have been the three males) but she wouldn't have that because she is attached to "Oreo" who is one of the males.

Oh Well, I am just a push-over I guess (as long as she keeps their cages clean)

Anne

--------------------
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”

~ Dalai Lama
21st century spiritual and political leader of Tibet and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1989)
PMEmail Poster               
Annham 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

QUOTE (Iago @ 21-Oct-2004, 01:10 AM)
I have two pups. A ridgeback name Socrates and a Foxhound named Rosco. Funny story about Rosco. We got both these guys from the pound (so no - their not pedigree) and when we saw Rosco (he was just a little puppy at the time) they had "Beagle" as the breed. Well, needles to say, a year and about 80 pounds later we came to a sudden realization that he was no beagle!

~Iago

Iago,
I love your story, I saw your cute little "Beagle's" picture in the Gallery. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Oct-2004, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

You all have not seen the "Animal Talk" forum here? We talk all about our pets in there all the time!

I am going tonight to look at a new rescue Sheltie dog. Her name is Irish. I hope it works out that I can have her. She sounds wonderful. However, I have to take my male Sheltie and see if the two get along.............Nikki better behave himself and be on his best behaviour! .

Here is my Nikki!

Nikki
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]