Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,325 Gold!

I'm proud to be a Mackay, by birth and by name. Am related to the Wallaces, Rosses, McClellands, McElwees among others. My wife traces to the McClarens and the MacPhersons.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 07-Jun-2004, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

My Clans are: MacEwen (Ewing is a variation on the spelling of Ewen, or in gaelic, Eoghainn), MacLachlan (Clan MacEwen is a protectorate of Clan MacLachlan), MacPherson (My paternal great-grandmothers maiden names were Clark and Gillespie). I also could affiliate with Clan Stewart, Clan Bruce, and Clan Forbes through my mother's ancestors (there are a few other Clans I could mention but I'd run out of room before I mentioned them all). I also have more than a few Irish and Welsh ancestors.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
faolin 
Posted: 07-Jun-2004, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

female

My clans are: Hamilton (from my paternal grandfather) , Gray ( a sept of the Sutherlands, from my maternal grandfather), and Whiteside (from my maternal grandmother). I also have an Irish connections through my paternal grandmother to the O'Dwyers. I find it sort of funny that three of these names relate to colors (or "shades" if you want to be more correct), as O'Dwyer means ?descendant of Dubhodhar? whose name meant ?black? (see, I've got Black, White and Grey tongue.gif )

--------------------
Bitheadh e mar sin
PMEmail Poster               
lighthouse 
  Posted: 08-Jun-2004, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Mechanicsville,Va

female

My clan is McDonald and Murry I have one for Ireland which is Murphy. I cannot trace back all the way yet but As brassy as Flora was I can see me and a decident of hers. Darlene
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

My dad is a Fairbairn which makes us part of the Armstrong Clan. My great great great grandfather, Andrew Fairbairn, was born in Peebles, Scotland on Feb. 4, 1806. The next we have of him was that he was listed in the Northumberland Militia in Ontario, Canada in 1828. So, we know that in between those dates, he migrated from Scotland. He married Eliza Ann Hagerman, born July 23, 1811, in Smith Township, Ontario on Feb. 13, 1833. They had eleven children. I have quite a bit of information on the family from there to now. However, I would love to find out more of Andrew prior to 1828 or of the Fairbairn family, especially in Spotland.

The Clan Trust web site www.armstrongclan.org states in part...
In the Battle of the Standard against William in 1183 near Northallerton in Yorkshire, King Malcolm had his horse killed under him, shot through by an arrow. Fairbairn, his trusted cousin, leapt from his own horse. According to the traditional story, Fairbairn grasped the King with one hand by the thigh and set his master up onto his own horse, and sent him back into battle. That action must have astonished the good King, since a small derrick was required in those days to lift an armored man into his saddle. And to lift him onto a horse made skittish by the noise and abrupt motion of the battle must have seemed like a miracle. For his service to the crown, Fairbairn was knighted Sword of the Strong Arm, or Sir Armstrong, and granted heritable title to lands around the area of Liddesdale.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
kidclaymore 
Posted: 10-Jun-2004, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

THE BLACK KNIGHT
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: North East Texas

male

My clans are the Lamont's and MacGregors.

--------------------
Slainte
Cho Sona ri radan ann am muileann and Gus an coinnich sinn a rithisd
Clan Lamont
PMEmail Poster               
Gordon 
Posted: 14-Jun-2004, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Texas

male

I am a member of Clan Munro and wear the tartan proudly. Lineage is through my paternal grandmother who's maiden last name is Munro. Through my paternal grandfather, I am able to claim MacGregor clan as well but have, as of yet, to research the genealogy so I can document the lineage.

--------------------
Lay you down in green meadows amongst the heather for it is there the music calls to your soul and beckons you home.
PMEmail Poster               
Kamchak 
Posted: 14-Jun-2004, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

Hello,
My family name is Brister!
I wonder if someone from the area might be able to help me with the clan I would be affiliated with from these notes? Also my step-fathers name is McCright.

I show researchers have confirmed the first documented history of the family name Brister in the lowland Scotland and Northern England. Found in ancient manuscripts including the Exchequer Rolls of Scotland, the Ragman Rolls, the Hearth Rolls, parish cartularies, baptismal, and tax rolls. The first record of the name Brister was found in Lanarkshire where they were seated from very ancient times well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
The family name Brister is believed to be a descended originally from the Strathclyde Britons. This founding race of the North were a mixture of Gaelic/Celts whose original territories ranged from Lancashire in the South, northward to the south bank of the River Clyde in Scotland.
In North America, some of the first migrants which could be considered kinsmen of the family name Brister and its spelling variants were William Brewster who arrived in the ?Mayflower? and settled in Plymouth in 1620.

--------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ![SIZE=7][COLOR=green][CENTER]
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 15-Jun-2004, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

Unforutnately, I do not really know what clan I am from. Maybe some of you can help me. My mother is german, so there's nothing from her side. All I know is that on my father's side his grandmother's name (i don't think it's her maiden name) was Sabina Patricia Brady. I think I am from the Clan Brady. It's very depressing to not know where you come from.

usaflag.gif

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Gordon 
Posted: 15-Jun-2004, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

A good resource for those looking to locate clan affiliation is Tartans.com Clanfinder.

Cecilia, looked into your profile and saw that your last name is Adams which is a sept of Clan Gordon. You might want to see if you can't contact the clan Gordon through their website although I don't have a link for ya, sorry.

PMEmail Poster               
Kamchak 
Posted: 15-Jun-2004, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

If this is correct, using a variation of my sirname spelling, then:

The Clan Fraser

Arms: Fraser - Azure, 3 fraises or cinquefoils argent; Fraser of Lovat - Quarterly, 1st and 4th azure, 3 fraises or cinquefoils argent, 2nd and 3rd argent, 3 antique crowns gules

Crest Badge: Fraser - On a mount a flourish of strawberries, leaved and fructed proper; Fraser of Lovat - A buck's head erased proper

Mottos: Fraser - All my hope is in God; Fraser of Lovat - Je suis prest (I am ready)

Tartan: Fraser; dress; hunting

Gaelic Name: Friseal

Slogans:(ancient)A 'Mhor-fhaiche (The Great Field); (modern)Caisteal Dhuni (Castle Downie)

Plant Badge: Yew

Septs: Abernethy, Bissett,Brewster,Cowie, Frizell, Frew, Macgruer, Mackim, Mackimmie, Macsimon,Mactavish, Oliver, Sim, Simon, Simpson, Sims, Syme, Twaddle, Tweedie (andspelling variations thereof).

Thanks Gordon!

PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 16-Jun-2004, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

thanks! I had no idea!

usaflag.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Gordon 
Posted: 16-Jun-2004, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

Aye, your both very welcome. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Gordon 
Posted: 16-Jun-2004, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

Clan Munro here through my paternal grandmother (she's a Munro tried and true) as well as being able to lay claim to clan Gregor through my paternal grandfather. I have traced my lineage on the Munro side as far back as my great-great-great grandfather but, as of yet, have done any searches on my grandfather since there is no one in that line that can give me much information. sad.gif

I am very much interested in my ancestry and hope to continue the search at some point in the future.
PMEmail Poster               
ebendigo 
Posted: 16-Jun-2004, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Baltimore, Maryland USA

male

I've been told that my mother's side of the family, somwhere down the line, belonged to the Douglas Clan. When we were in Scotland we went to a castle that was related to the Douglas Clan. One of the first Douglas's was Sir William Douglas who fought and died for William Wallace. His son, Sir James Douglas was a supporter and lifelong friend of Robert the Bruce.

Here is a picture of the tartan:

user posted image

-E
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]