MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I'm going to have another good dinner tonight-either Italian beef or Italian sausage slathered in BBQ sauce, fries dipped in same BBQ sauce and a Dr Pepper from The Patio (one of the links in my signature) biggrin.gif . Yum tongue.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Eamon 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Mike,

Isn't there a Carsons ribs near you? When I have gone through O'Hare we used to make it a point to head into town and get some of those beasties. 14,950 calories per rib. I checked. I got the full rack!

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Eamon506 @ Dec 16 2003, 04:10 PM)
Mike,

Isn't there a Carsons ribs near you? When I have gone through O'Hare we used to make it a point to head into town and get some of those beasties. 14,950 calories per rib. I checked. I got the full rack!

Eamon

No, there are only four Carson's Ribs locations, all in the Chicago area. They are good, though. I've had them before.

Here's the URL for the locations:

Carson's Ribs-Locations
single speed 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

Eamon! Fellow bike-dude, what do you ride?

As for Guiness, can you think of a better reason to ride 100 miles a week? Laying of the soda and eating right take care of the weight. Guiness is motivation to ride more!

BTW Love the Avitar.

t.

smilie_osx.gif

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
High Plains Drifter 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Colorado

male

I have been a non-smoker for the last ten months after 50 years of puffing away and I have gained about 25 pounds which I would like to lose but I also started brewing my own beer and that makes it really hard because each batch of beer gets better and I don't make no light beer. I am starting an exercise routine that includes a lot walking and jogging and I hope that takes some of the extra weight off as I really love to eat and drink too much to want to diet.

--------------------
Be Mindful
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

High Plains Drifter! Unfortunately, it is the alchohol content in beer that slows our metabolism down to cause us to gain weight. Plus the ingredient used to make beer, maltose, the highest of all sugars (sucrose, lactose, fructose). You making yours, I bet is wonderful tasting though! Can't get any better than that! beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif

And you stopped smoking! Good for you! clap.gif
Keltic 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Congratulations High Plains Drifter on quitting smoking!! I quit last January after 25 years. Now remember that you still need enjoyment in life so I suggest instead of switching to (shudder) light beer or (shudder) getting rid of the beer all together, move the beer fridge further away or perhaps to another floor. This way you will get your excercise too!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Congratulations HPD! Cold turkey is the best way to quit. Isnt it great that you can smell, breathe and taste? I quit smoking in 1990. Cycling is agreat way to keep the weight off, and the scenery ait bad either!

t.
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 17-Dec-2003, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (single speed @ Dec 16 2003, 05:55 PM)
Eamon!  Fellow bike-dude, what do you ride?

As for Guiness, can you think of a better reason to ride 100 miles a week? Laying of the soda and eating right take care of the weight. Guiness is motivation to ride more! 

BTW  Love the Avitar. 

Single Speed, I thought you may be a cyclist as well. Track rider? I rode a Trek 1400 for 13 or so years (I was being fitted when LeMond was beating Fignon in Paris). I just plunked down some cash on a new Trek 5200 (USPS colors). Looking forward to getting some serious miles in this year. What do you ride? Great photo in your profile, btw. I have a couple of albums with pix like that. I only get to go over every other year sad.gif

PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 17-Dec-2003, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (High Plains Drifter @ Dec 16 2003, 10:05 PM)
I have been a non-smoker for the last ten months after 50 years of puffing away and I have gained about 25 pounds which I would like to lose but I also started brewing my own beer and that makes it really hard because each batch of beer gets better and I don't make no light beer. I am starting an exercise routine that includes a lot walking and jogging and I hope that takes some of the extra weight off as I really love to eat and drink too much to want to diet.

I am so very impressed!!! Quitting after 50 years is impressive! Keep up the good work! thumbs_up.gif I quite after 20 years so understand. Actually I haven't quit, I just haven't smoked in a long time. laugh.gif Unfortunately weight gain comes with that. I love my beer too, but don't brew it. Would like to. Had to trade the beer for some whiskey -- no carbs.

Anway, I'm impressed! clap.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Eamon 
Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Dec 17 2003, 02:43 PM)
Had to trade the beer for some whiskey -- no carbs.

Ummm, Yummy Jamison!

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Make it Maker's Mark and then we are in business. On the rocks!
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Dec 18 2003, 12:19 PM)
Make it Maker's Mark and then we are in business. On the rocks!
Annabelle

Annabelle, I took you for a Glancadam lassie! Great single malt from Aberdeenshire, which is where your Gordons abound. Your making me thirsty! Company Christmas party is tomorrow night! Glennfiddich on my boss' dollar! tongue.gif

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Eamon

I have 3 bikes; a '98 Trek 8000 mountain bike, a Surly 1x1 single speed mountain bike, (my favorite!) and an '00 Trek 5500. The 5500 is a built frameset with a Campy Chorus 10 groupo. I built it to be light, it weighs under 17.5 lbs!

I have had 4 other Treks, a '95 5500, a '91 1200, a '91 930, and a '95 7000. My first racing bike was an '86 Raliegh. I raced USCF and NORBA for several years. Aftrer grad school, I am getting back inti the Norba scene. I love racing!

I'm not the only rider in this group. There are a few more out there. I posted a thread on best places to ride last month. You'll find the other riders there.

As for Irish Wiskey, I'm partial to Tullimore Dew. It has the best finish. Whenever I venture to Ireland, I get a bottle or two of Paddy. Unfortunately, It is no longer available in the US.

Any other opinions on Irish Whiskey?
t.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 18-Dec-2003, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Oh Eamon such a tease! I can't get Glancadam here. But you are right. Love the stuff! Just point me to some place to buy here in the states. I usually buy it when I go over to Scotland.

I'll be going to Inverness and the Northern Country in March of next year (gosh only 3 months) I'd better start packing.

I'll buy 2 bottles when over there. I even hand carry it back with me on the plane in bubble packing material in a suitcase carryon. I believe it makes me speak more Gaelic and with the scottish brogue and my hair gets redder. Now don't say the no! Turns me into a scottish wench!

Desperate lass here.......and I'd really enjoy the bosses dollar tonight luv! Have one for me!

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]