Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 03-Nov-2006, 11:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

My wife took our youngest up to Duluth today and got him a complete new outfit. He's kind of into that Ali G /rapper look so it should make him happy for awhile. Picked up a Echo jacket for him. Was $188, got it for $80 and
Otherwise Live 365 and HR is back to not playing on my computer. Looks like I'm back to the free trial player and then into a perferred memebership which I was going to do anyway. At least I know its not my computer but some outside source since I didn't change anything around.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 05-Nov-2006, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well I survived my one-day trip to Chicago!
Flew into O'Hare at 6:20 am. Jumped on the "El" (or is it "L"?) and traveled downtown. The train trip took as long as my flight!!
Went to my meeting next door to the Sears Tower. Had Chicago-style pizza for lunch. Then went home. Exciting huh?
Actually these are the types of trips I relish - uneventful!!

I enjoyed going thru some of the older Chicago neighborhoods on the train. It seemed you could reach out and touch someones porch from the train! Another treat were the street musicians (or buskers, as they call them in the UK). There was a fellow singing a cappella gospel near O'Hare. Went I came thru later, he was replaced by a guy playing jazz on a sax. In the train platform (the Monroe station, downtown) was a guy playing guitar and harmonica and singing. He, like the others, was really good!
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Nov-2006, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Well it is the start of another week. I'm doing some laundry and cleaning up a bit. Cheyennes party went well. The kids were well behaved but very loud. I have two girls left to be picked up.

It is so hard to believe by baby is 16. There was times I thought they would always be small now I miss that.

It looks like it is going to be a wonderful fall day. Hopefully I can get out and enjoy it today.

Have a great day

Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 05-Nov-2006, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to get caught up with all of you again but BOY! you've been busy!

I hope you've all enjoyed Halloween ghost.gif kenshin2.gif donatello.gif batman.gif alucard.gif ph34r.gif evil.gif jester.gif We decorated our house for the first time this year - a spiderweb tunnel for the kids to come through to get their Treats, electric spooky tombstone, spooky front light, pumpkins (of course!) - had lots of fun putting everything up! I got to stay home this year (haven't done that in years! ) and pass out candy, since our girls are old enough to go with friends. Got myself all dressed up in costume, found some spooky music on the web to play, huge bowl of candy ready to go --- we got all of 10 kids. I heard lots of kids going by with their parents, asking to "please can we go to that house?!!" but the parents would say something along the lines of "we don't know them". I understand their caution very well. Maybe next year I'll sit outside and let the parents choose the treats for their kids, talk a bit in the process and help to break that ice! King-sized candy bars can't hurt, either!

JP -- I'm sorry about the Game. It's really sad when that last one is over, I know (remember those games very fondly! - was in the marching band). I spent a lot of tears along with laughs, and I know this will stay with him all his life. It's wonderful that he has the experiences and friendships that come from it all!

Mike -- I hope your job searching is going well, and that you get something that will be enjoyable for a long time. That's important!

Rindy -- I hope you're staying warm and well! Hubby and I have already had that long-running "cold" (it's a 5-weeker sad.gif ). If you begin to feel it, get to a doc and get some antibiotics - that's what it takes to banish it, believe me. It's no virus. Otherwise, enjoy hot chocolate and warm fires, as we are here. I got the last of my herbs harvested yesterday, and said good-bye to my garden for the winter. The snapdragons are still blooming, and pinks, and monkshood just finished. There's still so much green and promise out there, but I know the frost is coming this week. Got to get some hay to cover and protect everything - tomorrow!

SB -- I'm still envious of you out there in the peaceful country laugh.gif Good luck with the last of your barn-building. I know you're anxious to be done, but be careful not to overwork yourselves. Will you still be able to get to your studio if it snows? That's important!

Gwenlee -- I'm so glad for your daughter that she's found such a wonderful guy, who obviously loves her very much! All the best to both of them, and prayers to your daughter that this current relapse is very short. Good luck with Cheyenne's birthday party! Oh boy! I had to laugh about Aaron's conversion to pipes. Our girls discovered to their surprise that they liked this celtic music I listen to, and so do many of their friends who've come over to our house and heard it. walkman.gif

CR -- Take care of yourself - hope things are going well for you! You're always soooo busy! Would love to see pics of your latest re-enactment, please cool.gif

Roberto P -- Oh my gosh!! Your son is an incredible person! Most kids wouldn't have kept their heads like that after such a shock, and I know you're very proud of him. He deserves every bit of praise!

Lord Rhys -- I don't think I've had the chance to "meet" you yet, but I'm glad to see you here - welcome! (I know I'm late, but better now than never). Hope you're well , warm, and enjoying the changing Season too. The Winter is coming too fast for me!

Hi Lady of the Loch! How are things with you?

Take care everyone! Will be back to chat again soon.
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
marti64 
Posted: 05-Nov-2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hi everyone!!! i got some time for myself this weekend, as I went to a district meeting for the club that i belong to. It was 200 miles from my house, and my little Saturn almost didn't make it...There were a lot of hills that I had to climb....But (this may sound weird)
but I kept talking to my hubby(just as If he was sitting in the passenge seat with me) and asked him to help me make it...both up and back....I have my angel, i guess!!!

All went well, and I made it home in one piece!!!

I hope everyone is well, and taking care of business!!!!

talk to ya all later!!! marti hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Nov-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Glad you made it home, and yes you do have an angel wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
marti64 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I am going to work, and cook a turkey for the residents of the program. My sis is coming back from California Thanskgiving night, so she will be here.
i hope it isn't too cold.......
have a great week!!

marti
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

We always stay at home and have a family day. There is some chance that my daughter and her family will come down. It would be great to have the grandkids here.

Christmas is going to be a special time, we hope. Since Nick and Michaela will leave for China this spring, we hope to get all the kids together for Christmas. We will most likely not see the kids for four years while they are int he Far East, so we want this one to be special.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 07-Nov-2006, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

For thanksgiving all the family comes over and we have a big feast! For christmas, it is the same except we are a lot busier, going here and there, having a x-mas eve party, and x-mas night party and a big x-mas breakfast.

Haynes, sorry you won't see your family for 4 years. That has got to be tough on all of you.
marti64 
Posted: 07-Nov-2006, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Hello All!!! I think the quieter holidays are better, then again, I don't have a big family.....and I really don't want to spend it with Dan's family(now that I really don't have to....
i am going to veg out with the residents in the group home that I work in, and watch the parade, and cook my turkey!!!
In the meantime, I have to hold onto happy memories, and create my own to carry on.......
I again want to say, and I think I have said it a million times over the past 2 months,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT, ALL OF YOU!!!

heart.gif heart.gif ::inl wub.gif wub.gif heart.gif : kiss2.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 01:20 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. I wrote this rather long message and I hit the wrong button on my key board and it all got poofed out...argh! So sorry but I am keeping this note brief.

We are going to CA for Thanksgiving to spend that time with my sis as we always do. She will be coming here for Christmas.

We are having beautiful temps right now. Lovely weather in every way.

I have a RevWar re-enactment to do next weekend. Looking forward to that.

I wish you all much love, happiness, safety, good health and security. Talk to you soon!
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Nov-2006, 02:20 AM)
Hello all. I wrote this rather long message and I hit the wrong button on my key board and it all got poofed out...argh! So sorry but I am keeping this note brief.

We are going to CA for Thanksgiving to spend that time with my sis as we always do. She will be coming here for Christmas.

We are having beautiful temps right now. Lovely weather in every way.

I have a RevWar re-enactment to do next weekend. Looking forward to that.

I wish you all much love, happiness, safety, good health and security. Talk to you soon!

Have fun with your re-enactment this weekend! I know this weather is crazy, isn't it? Today is supposed to be a high of 70! I am sooo excited biggrin.gif
MDF3530 
  Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

I'm here at the library right now, using the free internet.

I'll probably be dining out with my parents for Thanksgiving. I talked to my dad last night to find out the plan. I'd been planning on baking a pie for dessert, but I wanted to know what we were doing beforehand. My sister's family has been dealing with a stomach flu virus for the past few weeks, so they're not going to feel up to snuff in all likelihood. Dad said that Mom told him she's not going to cook a turkey and all the fixins' just for three people.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Senara 
Posted: 11-Nov-2006, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Good morning everyone from a very snowy Wisconsin. Was quite the drive home from work last night with rain, sleet, and snow. The roads are clear this morning but there's still some snow sticking in the lawns. Winter's here! biggrin.gif

Starting the holiday preparations here as well. Going out to the newly renovated Bayshore Mall in Glendale this morning to check it out and see if I can't find something for my brother's for x-mas. Likely stop at Taylor and Dunn's (awesome little irish pub in Mequon) for dinner and rumor has it they might have a band tonight too so we'll see if do a little dance tonight as well.

Got my christmas music for band a couple weeks ago. We have a full orchestral adaptation for concert band of the Nutcracker. Needless to say the clarinet parts are insanely difficult since we have the majority of what are typically violin parts. Sounds pretty good, should have it in shape for the concert at Holy Hill.

Another Saturday morning in the office...wheee....I miss you guys though...feels like I haven't been here in nearly a month or more. Hope all is going well.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 11-Nov-2006, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

iseen where you all got snow already and it was heading my way, but we only got rain sad.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]