ranger 
Posted: 14-May-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Sorry if this has been covered....but I would actually like to go forward. There are so many possibilities in that. Of course, first we'd have to establish when, or how far you want to go into the future. But since it hasn't actually occurred yet, let's cheat and just say that we could make stops every 100 years or so. Just to see how everything has changed, for the good or bad. How far do we want to go? What new inventions have been created (and which "old fashioned" ones are still in use)? Are countries still the same geographically, same forms of government, etc. What is the music like, or is there music? Has food changed? Do we have space travel yet? What do my descendants look like???? What would it be like to speak with your gggggggggggggggrandson or daughter? Would we even be here? At what point do we "die off" as a human race? What is the cause of it? Do we want to know??? As interesting as the past is, and how much we can learn from studying it, the future holds so many infinite and unknown possibilities.......from the small and seemingly insignificant to huge and earth-shattering changes.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

A question to ponder: If you went forward in time and the earth is no longer there, what would happen?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I don't know....what?
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 16-May-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, you're time traveling!!!! Don't you have a backup plan?!!!!!

Sorry, to ponder that question wasn't very well of me. I don't have an agenda. I enjoyed your curiosity of the future. It was the unknown possibilities and earth-shattering (literal or not) changes that made me stop and think.

Travel On.

Flora unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 16-May-2009, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I was just teasing, my dear...... biggrin.gif

As you said, it was just to get you thinking about all of the different possibilities or things you would want to see. Who knows, maybe you could go far enough ahead and science and war and global warming and whatever else you wanted to add in had not only destroyed the world as we know it, but had changed the geographical layout. And now magic had taken the place of science, and elves and other fantasy beings were now "sharing" the new earth with humans......
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 22-May-2009, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Yep, there will be werewolves, vampires and machines. Oh my. Will you be seeing the new Terminator movie?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
GaretJax 
Posted: 22-May-2009, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Most definitely. I will try to watch the older ones first, just to get updated on some of the smaller parts that I'm sure I've forgotten about. I usually have to wait until they come out on DVD anyways.....with three kids it can get quite expensive to make a simple little trip trip to the theater. sad.gif

Sorry everyone..... offtopic.gif
PMEmail Poster               
skeets52 
Posted: 23-Oct-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: The Coal country of Penns Woods

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #58
41,169 Gold!

To travel to the past I believe one must have lived it in another life. Yes I know heresy in some circles. Still have you ever seen something, been some where , done something you have never done before, but know that in fact you have in another life? It is thus for me in the age when a mans word held more than any paper.
It should be obvious the time I would like to visit, though only for a short time for I fear it may have been my demise.
And then there was the time I signed on a whaling ship out of New Bedford

--------------------
Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.
PMEmail Poster               
tjbren 
Posted: 17-Jan-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Minnesota, USA

male

There are many time periods that I would like to visit. If I were wealthy and healthy, the middle ages would be a fascinating period to explore. I wouldn't want to be be a poor peasant, life was far to short and difficult. (Besides, I'm much to lazy for that!)

There is, however, a time period to which I have been drawn all my life. For many reasons, too many to list here, I think I would fit well into the world of the Victorians, perhaps around the mid-eighteen hundreds.

I am an architectural designer, and the 1850s on were rife with many discoveries and an explosion of possibilities, especially in architecture. I could have survived easily and well as what was called then a society architect. (One who designs homes for ones peers.)

So much about the Victorian era suits me well that it's impossible for me to imagine NOT being able to fit right in. (There are some MAJOR exceptions too...! Some may understand the term 'mandrake' when not referring to the plant.)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]