LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 16-Aug-2007, 05:09 PM)
I don’t know about anyone else out there, but I can’t help but to regret many of my decisions.

Tell me John to what purpose one should regret decisions made in the past that nobody can't do nothing about. One cannot go back in time and change them, so why regret and look back,like you say its water under the bridge.

Is it not better to look forward and try not to repeat the bad decisions that was made in the past? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.Maybe I'm an eternal dreamer
that tries to find happiness in life by looking forward not backwards. smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 17-Aug-2007, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 16-Aug-2007, 06:08 PM)
Tell me John to what purpose one should regret decisions made in the past that nobody can't do nothing about. One cannot go back in time and change them, so why regret and look back,like you say its water under the bridge.

Is it not better to look forward and try not to repeat the bad decisions that was made in the past? Maybe I'm wrong I don't know.Maybe I'm an eternal dreamer
that tries to find happiness in life by looking forward not backwards. smile.gif

Hi Lady of Avalon, some decisions made early in ones life, can loom in ones face, for their entire life. Decisions that can not be corrected, either in the present, or in future. (no matter how hard one try’s.)

And not repeating ones bad decisions, in the pursuit of happiness, is a given. Which is exactly why I sad, that I’m passionate about my beliefs now. In other words, we agree.

Thanks for your thoughts,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 17-Aug-2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Life should be like skiing. You have the most fun on the way down.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Aug-2007, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I have to say that I remember all those show too.

But to say that you are cynical would not be the proper word. Set in your ways, maybe.

There was a lot of thing back then that I did enjoy but at the same time some of it I would rather stay with modern times.

For I would rather have Bathrooms instead of the Out House I grew up with.
Running water inside instead of 50' out in the front yard.
Electricity instead of the Coal Oil Lamps.

Yes I remember all of those days but I still try to hang on to those things that are simple in life and enjoyable. There is no need to complicate things and constantly rushing around as if they are going to be late. Late to what?

People do not have time for people anymore and this is sad.

So I would say that I am set in my ways but I would not say that I was cynical. wheelchair.gif

So make way, I'm coming through. tongue.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Donajhi 
Posted: 28-Aug-2007, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Oh Dundee love, were you seperated at birth from your twin. I could have
written your original post. I remember all.

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
parkers1 

I'm away until 12/31/2014
  Posted: 03-Sep-2007, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacReed

Realm: Down Texas way - Round Rock, Tx

male

Let me just say I am old enough to forget most things. Know where you are coming from and especially after being forced into retirement earlier then planned or really should of I find atitudes about evry thing change and one gets real lazy and cynical. The world around us doesn't help for things are a tad over the top all the way around. Hang in there life does get better (or maybe it is attitude)

--------------------
Al down Texas way
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 27-Sep-2007, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 02-Aug-2007, 12:54 PM)
i wont give my age but i will say this; i remember the beatles first performance on "the ed sullivan show"

cyn·i·cal      (sĭn'ĭ-kəl)  Pronunciation Key
adj. 

1. Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others: a cynical dismissal of the politician's promise to reform the campaign finance system.
  2. Selfishly or callously calculating: showed a cynical disregard for the safety of his troops in his efforts to advance his reputation.
  3. Negative or pessimistic, as from world-weariness: a cynical view of the average voter's intelligence.
  4. Expressing jaded or scornful skepticism or negativity: cynical laughter.

it seem the older i get the more cynical i am becoming. i don't believe it is the #2 definition at all (above) but the other 3 fit me real good.... and it is being cynical of everything (and everybody?) from my job to my past times... it is worrisome.

anybody else of age seem to have this going on? sad.gif  cause i really don't like it, yet it is so hard to fight.

Hey, the way I guess someone's age is to ask them who is Paul McCartney. If they say a Beatle, I know we're of the same generation. If they say he had a band called Wings, then that puts them in another group. If they know him as Sir Paul who got snookered by the one legged gold digger, they read too much People magazine. And if they don't know who he is, I immediately give them a crash course in music history because as you and I witnessed, the Beatles changed the world. They were the first super group.

Oh dear, I read your definition of cynical and altho I'm not quite that negative in general I do suspect that all politicians promises especially those regarding campaign finances are poo. And I am world-weary, in the sense that I suspect people don't really change much and few of them aren't going to eventually turn on you in one way or the other.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
dundee 
Posted: 27-Sep-2007, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 27-Sep-2007, 03:20 PM)

Hey, the way I guess someone's age is to ask them who is Paul McCartney.  If they say a Beatle, I know we're of the same generation.  If they say he had a band called Wings, then that puts them in another group.  If they know him as Sir Paul who got snookered by the one legged gold digger, they read too much People magazine. And if they don't know who he is, I immediately give them a crash course in music history because as you and I witnessed, the Beatles changed the world.  They were the first super group.

paul mccartney???

i thought he was in the "quarrymen" not the beatles
angel_not.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
cylassie 
Posted: 29-Sep-2007, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Arkansas - Near Ozark Mts.

female

I teach high school and am old enough to be many of the TEACHERS mother. I fight cynicism too and often lose the battle. These kids and their parents SCARE me. I could write for hours . . .

No sense of right and wrong, cheating is NOT wrong . . .
Disrespectful, ungrateful, self centered, unwilling to work for anything except a good time . . .
Insensitive, cynical themselves ......
UNPATRIOTIC, downright hateful about America!
BLAME others and their environment for any short comings, NOTHING is these kids faults, even according to the parents!

I feel like I am seeing the decline of Western Civilization before my eyes every day.

I have to leave soon or I'd go on and on . . .

My kids and I are going to pick up Trash on the Lake for National Public Lands Day because

The days are dark but

[B]One Person CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

--------------------
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 30-Sep-2007, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (cylassie @ 29-Sep-2007, 06:32 AM)
I teach high school and am old enough to be many of the TEACHERS mother.  I fight cynicism too and often lose the battle.  These kids and their parents SCARE me.  I could write for hours . . .

No sense of right and wrong, cheating is NOT wrong . . .
Disrespectful, ungrateful, self centered, unwilling to work for anything except a good time . . .
Insensitive, cynical themselves ......
UNPATRIOTIC, downright hateful about America!
BLAME others and their environment for any short comings, NOTHING is these kids faults, even according to the parents!

I feel like I am seeing the decline of Western Civilization before my eyes every day.

I have to leave soon or I'd go on and on . . .

My kids and I are going to pick up Trash on the Lake for National Public Lands Day because

The days are dark but

[B]One Person CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

You’re right of course. One person can make a difference. The only problem is that one person often stands alone, or in a small sphere of influence. And when you compare that to, rampart greed, poverty, illiteracy, and the brake down of the family, you have good cause to be frightened. Of course that not to forget a growing contingent, of law biding citizens. Who now realize, that honesty isn’t the best policy, because it has become more and more obvious. That the powers that be didn’t get where they are, by playing by the rules.

Maybe it’s time to wet that eraser, and wipe the entire blackboard clean.
So keep being cynical, cylassie, because it might be just what saves us.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Oct-2007, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

If you think the school system is bad you should hear what I had to put up with today in the court system. And to believe I actually use to respect the system in my area.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 05-Oct-2007, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 01-Oct-2007, 08:53 PM)
If you think the school system is bad you should hear what I had to put up with today in the court system.  And to believe I actually use to respect the system in my area.

In light of Alberto Gonzales, nothing would surprise me in the pursuit of justice. So if it’s not to complicated, and you don’t mind, just how did the court system fail you?
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 05-Oct-2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

sorry lets keep the politics out of this one please.
i dont go into the political forum for a reason
thanks beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 05-Oct-2007, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 05-Oct-2007, 11:08 AM)
sorry lets keep the politics out of this one please.
i dont go into the political forum for a reason
thanks beer_mug.gif thumbsup.gif

I agree completely with you dundee....

This topic is about being cynical,old and rinkled,not being able to read without glasses, having people repeat everything cause we can't ear nothing, and thinking of the famous day when we go back to diapers....there is that cynical enough...lol...

hypocrite.gif
PM My Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 06-Oct-2007, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 01-Oct-2007, 08:53 PM)
If you think the school system is bad you should hear what I had to put up with today in the court system.  And to believe I actually use to respect the system in my area.

Excuse------me, but since when is politics not cynical, and not aloud to be part of, a “general discussion”? And besides, I was just following Robert’s lead. With a funny segue about his experience in the courts, and Alberto Gonzales. But I guess we’ll never know what happened to Roberto that day in court, to make him cynical. (should he have chosen to tell us) which was my question.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]