Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Women's Issues, Guy's Don't want to go here! Women only!
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Jan 4 2004, 02:21 AM)
I think men secretly want to talk about these kinds of issues (dry skin, the best face cleanser, and other such girlie things), and we finally have given them an outlet without them loosing their macho exterior. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

wink.gif Ok you asked for it biggrin.gif

My wife , after abusing her feet for many many years ( she would go out in the winter barefoot, her choice not mine ) and spending many years with the vasoline and sock treatment not working finaly listended to me....

I worked construction ( concrete to be exact ) for a winter season and learned real quick how to help cracked calused skin. I told her to buy a product called " CORN HUSKERS LOTION" and use it. It smells like hell but works great! She now has soft feet again wink.gif !

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
jaynebylak 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Hello. In regard to the change. I hope I will be able to distinguish between how I am normal and when I change. The reason I say this is ...ever since I started menses at 14,,,I have had all the symptons usually caused by change of life.

I have always had night sweats...My body temperature is always hotter than normal. I stay 99 to 100 degrees all the time. My monthly always has been coming the time it is suppose to and staying the regular 7 days. I would also have hot flashes as I was growing up too.

I have always had emotional ups and downs. Ever since I was in my teens. Moma took me to doctor after doctor ...psychiatrist after psychiatrist. They all told her I was normal with my moods.

She then started taking me to gynacologist who monitored my period and moods for about 6 months to a year. The gave me a D and C. It didnt change what was going on with me.

I am 47 now. I would have thought I would have started by now. The woman in my family all started at 36 to 41 years old. I guess I might be one of the woman who the only change I experiance for this time is just to quite altogether with my period. Then I will know I am through with change.

Just a different situation over change .
Jayne

PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 4 2004, 03:15 AM)
biggrin.gif Yup, that sure sounds like me. tongue.gif

I'm glad I have two big brothers here! How cool! cool2.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m., I had the worst hot flash I have ever had. I really wanted to crawl out of my skin. I ended up in the backyard with nothing on. (we have a 6 ft. metal fence and it was dark. Also 32 degrees.) wacko.gif I don't want to play anymore. furious.gif At least my mood swings are semi under control. lol.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ Jan 4 2004, 10:30 AM)
My wife , after abusing her feet for many many years ( she would go out in the winter barefoot, her choice not mine ) and spending many years with the vasoline and sock treatment not working finaly listended to me....

I worked construction ( concrete to be exact ) for a winter season and learned real quick how to help cracked calused skin. I told her to buy a product called " CORN HUSKERS LOTION" and use it. It smells like hell but works great! She now has soft feet again wink.gif !

I do that too, go outside in the snow in my bare feet. biggrin.gif Why bother putting on shoes for the minute it will take me to reach the trash can? laugh.gif

I remember Corn Huskers - haven't seen it in years. Have to make a mental note to get some of that and the bee balm. Then again, that's assuming I will remember the mental note. Isn't the memory the first thing to go? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 4 2004, 02:29 PM)
Isn't the memory the first thing to go? rolleyes.gif

Huh? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ Jan 4 2004, 02:29 PM)

I do that too, go outside in the snow in my bare feet. biggrin.gif Why bother putting on shoes for the minute it will take me to reach the trash can? laugh.gif

I remember Corn Huskers - haven't seen it in years. Have to make a mental note to get some of that and the bee balm. Then again, that's assuming I will remember the mental note. Isn't the memory the first thing to go? rolleyes.gif

You misunderstand!!!! smile.gif I mean bare foot or flip flops everywhere and everywhere in the winter...

take the dog out in the snow... no shoes
go to the store....flip flops

and it goes on LOL!!!
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

OK, I draw the line at going to the store. biggrin.gif
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

My doc had retired and I ran out of estrogen last fall. Was at the knee doc and having hot flashes something awful. He laughed and wrote a scrit for me for my happy pills and referred me to a good gyn. Life is better now. Don't wet may drawers when I sneeze anymore either. lol.gif I make light but it really isn't a laughing matter cry.gif
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Jan 4 2004, 09:16 PM)
He laughed and wrote a scrit for me for my happy pills and referred me to a good gyn. Life is better now. Don't wet may drawers when I sneeze anymore either. lol.gif I make light but it really isn't a laughing matter cry.gif

I see I am not the only one who refers to them as Happy Pills. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Annabelle 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Okay guys were can I get the happy pills?

Second, what memory? I have a clip board and write everything down. I've been so over loaded that I've even called myself and left myself messages on my own answering machine. How sad! Annabelle has lost it somewhere!
Oh my, that's me! oops!

Well here's to my starting the diet tomorrow and back to the gym. Now if I can remember how to get there?

A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Does anyone else suffer from Migriane's?

A
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I have migrianes something terrible...I can take any bright lights, loud noises, and I get sick to my stomach. When a bad one hits, I'm out for the count. The only thing that helps is going to bed in a dark, quiet room and sleep it off. sad.gif

Once I had a migriane all day that was so bad, but I was teaching at a high school and couldn't leave. I was sick to my stomach all that afternoon, but as my son and I drove home I... puke.gif. I couldn't pull over because I was on the Interstate, so my son held a Taco Bell paper cup up to my mouth while I drove 60 mph. Thank God it wasn't a barf like when you are sick with the Flu. Sorry for the imagery girls...but that's my migriane nightmare story.

Now, does anyone have any home remedies or great knowledge about some wonder drug that helps. angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

I've been in bed all afternoon with another Migriane. It seems like everytime the barometric pressure changes I get one. I've been working alot in the last 3 days and that doesn't help but the pressure changes seem to also trigger them.
I've tried OTC drugs but none work. I'm now on Imitrex shots and a dark room for hours. Then I feel like I'm dragging when I get up. Shoulders are still stiff but head doesn't hurt.
Eucaliptus oil on my pillow helps a little and hot compresses on my face with rest. I don't know any home remedies but I'm open to any suggestions!

A
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Jan 4 2004, 08:51 PM)
Okay guys were can I get the happy pills?

Second, what memory? I have a clip board and write everything down. I've been so over loaded that I've even called myself and left myself messages on my own answering machine. How sad! Annabelle has lost it somewhere!
Oh my, that's me! oops!

Well here's to my starting the diet tomorrow and back to the gym. Now if I can remember how to get there?

A

Happy pills are incredible things. Gives back the estrogen that nature steals. Help with memory too..........I think. laugh.gif

[QUOTE]I've been in bed all afternoon with another Migriane. [QUOTE]

Annabelle I do hope this passes quickly! I was getting 3 to 4 migraines a day before I had the plate put in my neck. Have some powerful pills that do the trick. Have only had 2 in the last year. Life is good.

Hang in there dear lady! beer_mug.gif doctor.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]