> Diana Gabaldon Fans
DianneAscroft 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Just about a year until the (possibly) last book in the series is released?! I guess I will have to get reading then...I got a copy of the trade paperback of Breath of Snow and Ashes when it first came out and it is too big to lug around so I keep starting and stopping it. I do most of my reading when I'm away from home so it's hard to make much progress on it. As others have mentioned, she is getting into more and more detail as the series rolls along. From writing historical fiction myself, I know it's hard to decide which neat facts to include and which to leave out. Sometimes she seems to want to include them all and that does make it hard to wade through it. But I intend to plod on. I am really looking forward to the last book to see how everything turns out - I don't want anything ghastly to happen to Jamie and Claire (can she manage to keep them from getting old too?!).

Dianne

--------------------
www.geocities.com/dianne_ascroft
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

My anniversary is today and my hunny got me Claires ring. It came in today
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

My annaversary is today and my hunny got me Claires ring. It came in today

That is a fantastic gift biggrin.gif especially for a Diana Gabaldon Fan. You must of been absolutely esctatic when you opened it thumbs_up.gif wink.gif
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Leelee @ 09-Sep-2008, 09:57 PM)

That is a fantastic gift  biggrin.gif especially for a Diana Gabaldon Fan.  You must of been absolutely esctatic when you opened it  thumbs_up.gif  wink.gif

I was esctatic. I had been wanting it for awhile and kept putting it off. But my hunny took care of it. The neat thing was it arrived on my anniversary. I had worked last night so when I got up I went to the front porch and there was the package. I am a big fan of Diana Gabaldon, I have all of her books in hard back.
jbarron 
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

QUOTE (DianneAscroft @ 09-Sep-2008, 08:29 AM)
Just about a year until the (possibly) last book in the series is released?! I guess I will have to get reading then...I got a copy of the trade paperback of Breath of Snow and Ashes when it first came out and it is too big to lug around so I keep starting and stopping it. I do most of my reading when I'm away from home so it's hard to make much progress on it. As others have mentioned, she is getting into more and more detail as the series rolls along. From writing historical fiction myself, I know it's hard to decide which neat facts to include and which to leave out. Sometimes she seems to want to include them all and that does make it hard to wade through it. But I intend to plod on. I am really looking forward to the last book to see how everything turns out - I don't want anything ghastly to happen to Jamie and Claire (can she manage to keep them from getting old too?!).

Dianne

I've often wondered also how she will bring things to a close. It would be nice, in a way, if they returned to Scotland.
PMEmail Poster               
jbarron 
Posted: 10-Sep-2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Denver, CO

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 09-Sep-2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Leelee @ 09-Sep-2008, 09:57 PM)

That is a fantastic gift  biggrin.gif especially for a Diana Gabaldon Fan.  You must of been absolutely esctatic when you opened it  thumbsup.gif  wink.gif

I was esctatic. I had been wanting it for awhile and kept putting it off. But my hunny took care of it. The neat thing was it arrived on my anniversary. I had worked last night so when I got up I went to the front porch and there was the package. I am a big fan of Diana Gabaldon, I have all of her books in hard back.

You're very lucky to have such a nice hunny. :-) The rings are beautiful.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Sep-2008, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

gwenlee, many congrats on your new Claire ring! I hope you enjoy it!

Diana appears to be a very detailed person and wants to write it all in her books as well. when the Outlander series is finished, I am like jbarron. I just hope they all end up back in Scotland!
Harlot 
Posted: 16-Sep-2008, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Think they will end up back Scotland and that is where they will rest.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 11:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Harlot, I believe as you. Hope we are right. If not, I will be most disappointed. sad.gif

leenie 
Posted: 24-Sep-2008, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,589 Gold!

Got a question...I recently started the series with the Outlander so I won't read all of the posts here in case there is mention of future books that I haven't read...What I was wondering is...in the first book it says that Jamie is 23 years old and Claire is older...anyone know how old she is?
Leelee 
Posted: 24-Sep-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I believe Claire is 27 & Jamie is 23 in the Outlander Novel. DesertRose, am I correct???
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Sep-2008, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Leelee! Your guess is as good as mine. I was going to say Claire was 26, but I may be wrong. I would have to go back and read the first book again...which I hope to do one day. Perhaps someone else here knows? If not, I will most certainly find out for you all. wink.gif

I do have the "Outlandish Companion" and I could look it up in there. I am sure it would say and will get back to you all.

Harlot, I so hope your prediction is right that they all end up back in Scotland! I don't care how and when. My only thing is that I never want to hear about their deaths. I would just like to read that they both were sitting in rocking chairs on their front porch at Lallybroch! smile.gif
Harlot 
Posted: 25-Sep-2008, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 25-Sep-2008, 05:54 PM)
Hey Leelee! Your guess is as good as mine. I was going to say Claire was 26, but I may be wrong. I would have to go back and read the first book again...which I hope to do one day. Perhaps someone else here knows? If not, I will most certainly find out for you all. wink.gif

I do have the "Outlandish Companion" and I could look it up in there. I am sure it would say and will get back to you all.

Harlot, I so hope your prediction is right that they all end up back in Scotland! I don't care how and when. My only thing is that I never want to hear about their deaths. I would just like to read that they both were sitting in rocking chairs on their front porch at Lallybroch! smile.gif

Yes that would be a nice ending to the story. I wouldn't want one to go frist I think it would have to be them both die togerther. Just too think one of them alone cry.gif

I think they were 4 years apart,not that much differents in this day of age. My mom was 4 years older then my dad.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 29-Sep-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,589 Gold!

Thanks everyone...I am still reading and came across the answer to my question myself...when Claire told Jamie about where she was really from, he asked her how old she was and she told him 27 but it just happened to be her birthday that day so she turned 28. So I found the answer myself...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Sep-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Leenie! That is great you were able to find out and let us all know the answer. So Claire was five years older than Jamie! That must have been weird in those times.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]