Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hello all!

I'm sorry I haven't been in here for awhile. It's the last couple of weeks before school starts for us, and the kids are panicking - trying to squeeze as much as possible into the time they have left. It's made for busy days of late! They start back on the 6th here, new schools for both as they advance upwards in grades. Thankfully, both are excited rather than nervous about the school changes. Looking forward to seeing friends who've been at camps and such all summer, too.

We have a small (tiny!) carnival in town for the weekend, right down on the beach, and I took the kids and friends there last night. It was a blast! They had so much fun! Rode several rides, daring each other (of course) to ride the scariest ones, had a great time trading jests with the clown in the dunking booth and even came reeeaalll close to dunking him(!), spent a good part of their money on games (favorite being the bowling ball roll), and generally enjoying being "seen". I'm glad for small pleasures like this one - that's what Summer's all about!

I hope you're all enjoying the end of your summer, too. I know it's been very hot and humid for too long in a good part of the country, and you're looking forward to cooler temps, but I'm always sad when Summer comes to a close. It's so short here! Enjoy it while you have it, as much as you can.

Everyone, take care of yourselves. Best of luck to all of you who have to visit the dentist. I hope things go easily for you!

Monarch, Annabelle - my thoughts and prayers are with you both for the safety and quick return of your husband and son. Please let them know how much they mean to all of us!

CR - I'm glad you're enjoying your re-enactment and group. How soon will we be able to see pictures??

Rindy - I'm glad you weren't troubled by the tornado and heavy weather recently. Do you normally see some tornados up there, or is this something unusual? I also wondered if you were close enough to feel any of the tremors near Yellowstone, and in that whole range running into Utah or Idaho? Just curious tongue.gif

I'm being "paged" again. Always something! Have fun everyone!!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hope this finds everyone well. Today was nice. Low 80's, partly cloudy, no wind. It sounds like everyone has been busy. Same here. Crazy at work and pouring cement paw prints in my spare time. Have sold 5 and have orders for 4 more. School just started and word is getting around. Gave my boss an 8 month notice on monday. I am not going to do another summer in that place. I have been sick most of the summer because of the heat. Not worth it. Gotta go. Rome is on. ( I like tv too) Hope everyone has a good week.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

Just hopping in before I hit the sack.

I went for a walk tonight instead of riding my bicycle. I like to alternate between the two. I took my Walkman so I could listen to my favorite NPR program, Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! WBEZ, our local affiliate (they also produce the show) airs it twice-Saturdays at 10am and Sundays at 9pm. I listen to the Sunday night show because I'm usually not awake that early on Saturdays. Tonight was a nice night here in Chicago. Cool and nary a cloud in the sky.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 29-Aug-2005, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Well, I got laid off from my job last week, but luckily they are giving me two weeks to find something else. I don't know what i'd do if I didn't have that pay check comming. So the plan is look for a job and if I don't find anything in three weeks (vacation pay) I'll file for unemployment and keep looking. I'm hoping to get a job as a police dispatcher, but we'll have to see if it's in the cards.

Other than that, things are the same.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 29-Aug-2005, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey CC,

Hope you find something soon, got all 8 fingers, 2 thumbs and 10 toes crossed for you.
Keep us posted!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 29-Aug-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Thanks for the kind thoughts, and I will be sure to let you know how the job hunt goes. I'm hoping it doesn't take long...but we'll just have to see what lays in store for me.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 29-Aug-2005, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Call and inquire about filing for unemployment right away. That process tends to grind slowly. They'll tell you if there's a waiting period.

Good luck! Hope there's something rewarding out there, or at least secure and bearable. If you can find something even as a second little part-time gig, involved with the field, and get hands-on experience it always helps
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 30-Aug-2005, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Good luck finding a new job CC.
Had a root canal done today. Not doing too bad now. No pain, just a yucky tate in my mouth.

Rain, rain, rain!!! We are getting Katrina's rain now. Hopefully no flooding.

Trying to stay dry in the heartland...

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Aug-2005, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Chicago is not expecting to get any of Katrina's rain.

I wish the best for the people on the Gulf Coast. My prayers are with all of them and their loved ones.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

CC, good luck on the job search!

I have been so upset seeing the news reports on the terrible damage brought on by the hurricane... I visited there many many years ago with my family, the year I turned 18 actually (had Pete Fountain present me with a celebratory glass of champagne from the stage in his club there - turns out we share the same birthday!) and have such fond memories of Jackson Square, the French Market, and those odd cemeteries with the tombs above ground...

Now I see 80% of the city is flooded and its heartbreaking - but what keeps coming to mind is, this was inevitable: the New Orleans founding fathers built their wonderful, complex, charming city below sea level. Maybe it seemed a good idea at the time, you know, but still look at the horrifying consequences now... all those people homeless, so much ruined...

Sad Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 31-Aug-2005, 01:56 PM)
CC, good luck on the job search!

I have been so upset seeing the news reports on the terrible damage brought on by the hurricane... I visited there many many years ago with my family, the year I turned 18 actually (had Pete Fountain present me with a celebratory glass of champagne from the stage in his club there - turns out we share the same birthday!) and have such fond memories of Jackson Square, the French Market, and those odd cemeteries with the tombs above ground...

Now I see 80% of the city is flooded and its heartbreaking - but what keeps coming to mind is, this was inevitable: the New Orleans founding fathers built their wonderful, complex, charming city below sea level. Maybe it seemed a good idea at the time, you know, but still look at the horrifying consequences now... all those people homeless, so much ruined...

Sad Siobhan

And on a delta, which is one giant floodplain.
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone- sorry I didn't make it in here yesterday was really busy.
My life is good right now. This is my favorite time of year so I like to get out..I know whats ahead- winter...

Dreamer- Thanks on the tornados. We do get them now and then but not usually dangerous.. Sounds like you have been very busy.. Take care--

Valpal- done any cleaning lately? LOL laugh.gif That seems like yesterday. I am sorry to hear you have been ill due to the heat. I hope you are feeling better with fall coming. Is it cooler now?

Way to go Mike! Your walking also- thats wonderful. I really need to start listening to NPR you always sound like you are listening to something good..keep up the great work Mike and enjoy your weather before winter..

CC- Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your lay off. I hope you get the dispatch job you are looking for. I have a lot of friend in dispatch and that is one heck of a stressful job...
You can always come up here and work in the oil.. keep me posted will you? It all will work out-take care..

I will be thinking about you all..have a good night.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Way to go Mike! Your walking also- thats wonderful. I really need to start listening to NPR you always sound like you are listening to something good..keep up the great work Mike and enjoy your weather before winter..

Yeah, I like NPR. Particularly the weekend shows like A Prairie Home Companion, Whad 'Ya Know?, Car Talk and Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!. The daily programs like Morning Edition and All Things Considered are good too. Tonight when I was out for my walk, I was listening to a live jazz performance they were having as kind of preview to the Chicago Jazz Festival coming up this weekend.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Oh, Rindy, that beautiful fall in the mountains. Enjoy it as long as it lasts!!

The last of the petticoat skirts of Katrina are blowing around in the sky now, just shreds. But so much of it!! What an immense system it was. The terrible heat and humidity of the last few days should go with it -- we should have had some cracking thunderstorms, but nothing sad.gif . Hurricane's a terrible thing, but sometimes one of them can bring in the promise of fall.

Dreaming of crunchy leaves underfoot, and new apples. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Aug-2005, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Mike are you going up to the Jazz Festival? I think it would be great to have a choice- oh here I go again huh? I like to hear what you city folk do..its interesting even the resturaunts and what you eat...I know sounds wierd..let me know if you go.

Stoirmeil- ah, the crunching leave and apples!! I hope all is well now.. I hope you are getting some relief now..I really respect mother nature- and I think if they said leave I would be gone as of yesterday..wind scares me too..I think nice thoughts are in order for this evening- yep, crunching leaves and apples- don't think we have many apples around here but one can dream..

Have a good night....

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]