Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Word Processing Program, any suggestions?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

I need a good word processing program for my pc. I have always loved Microsoft Word, but wonder if this is still good or out of date or what. Twice I have gone to my local Office Max to not find it to load onto my system. I have Works installed, but I truly hate that program. It is just not easy to use.

Is anyone in the know about what is being used by employers this day and what I should invest in as a good word processor program before I spent over $200 bucks!

many thanks!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

i personally prefer Wordperfect. But I'm an old die-hard with it. I started using it before Microsoft's Word even came out. With all of the changes that have come with software, I still prefer Wordperfect over Word.

Anything would be better than Works.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

The big two are MS Word and WordPerfect. Most companies work on either of those two although MS Word is much more popular because the Office Package is so much more popular on new computer purchases.

I agree Works sucks. I have it on my puter at home and it really doesn't do much that I couldn't do on my Brother typewritter.

If you're going to spend money in software be certain that your computer is going to support it. I know Microsoft has Office 2003 come out and it's buggy on older boxes. Had a few problems with it here at work.

If you're looking for a word proccessing program where you're not going to be e-mailing files or giving anyone electronic copies you might want to check into the Lotus Suite and their program WordPro. Not too many bells and whistles on this one and it's not as friendly as MS Word...(at least not the last time I used it.)

Hope this helps some. Good Luck.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

M$ Word is pretty much the standard when it comes to word processing software. Personally, at home, I use OpenOffice.org. It's open source (and therefore free), supports reading and writing several file formats (including MS Word), has all the frills in a smaller package, and it runs on any platform you're likely to be using.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

wow! Thanks so much everyone! I have lots of experience with Wordperfect as the offices I worked in always used that. But then I heard that MS Word was the big deal so was thinking about going with that. my pc has some office suite and Works, but I hate it all. I have worked intensely with both MS Word and Wordperfect, so just wanted y'all's opinion before I spend those bucks!

Many thanks to everyone for your help! thumbs_up.gif smile.gif
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Well, hang on a second here. What did you choose?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2006, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there all! I ended up purchasing MS Word for Windows and just like before, I love it! I just didn't want to purchase it if it was not being used by employers today or was going to go out of date. I have a lot of experience with WordPerfect at my job sites, but I so much love MS Word even more. Gosh! I can't believe the difference in my pc already! Thanks so much for all your input and advice! thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]