> Four More, Total 116
Camac
Posted: 20-Mar-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

In a few days the overpasses on the Highway of Heroes between C.F.B.Trenton and Toronto will again be lined with people waiting to honour the passing of another cortege of hearses carring the bodies of four young Canadian Warriors. Two were killed yesterday Thursday, 19 March and two were killed to-day the first day of spring, 20 March. That now brings the total to 116. These latest young men were all stationed at C.F.B.Petawawa north of Ottawa. My heart and my sympathies go out to the families of these four young men. My tears honour their passing.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 20-Mar-2009, 02:22 PM)
ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

Aye, aye...........

116 is a small number in scales of war, but 116 too many for the Canadian community to lose.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven;

I was hoping to make it to the Whitby Overpass to-day to salute the cortege but I can't get away.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 15-Apr-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Make that 117. Our second female soldier since the war started was taken by a road side bomb on monday.

Karine Blais, 21, 2nd Battalion, Royal 22e Regiment Battle Group, based in Valcartier, Quebec.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/world/afg...html?id=1494594

A nice piece about a Veteran who pays respect to all those who fall in the field by hanging a photo on the Legion wall.

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/Article....aspx?e=1524074

Each time a soldier is killed, Legion member Bill Thompson (USN Ret and Vietnam veteran) places an 8"x10" photo of the soldier on the wall with the name, regiment, home province and date of death.

It's something visitors cannot miss as soon as they enter the legion. And, it's not by accident the pictures are placed that way.

"Reading about names in a newspaper does not have the same impact as actually seeing pictures of the individuals," Thompson says.

"When one actually puts names to faces and you see them every time you come in the legion, it brings it home that these are real people and loved members of a Canadian family."
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 15-Apr-2009, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

oldraven;

Thank you. I posted it yesterday under General Discussion when I should have posted it here. Again thank you. As I hear about these deaths it hurts this one a bit more so as she was so young and just 2 weeks into her tour. She never had the chance to live her life. Some times my friend I think it is time for us to get out the price is getting to high to pay for a people who do not appreciate what we are doing.

Camac

Camac
Posted: 03-Aug-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

The last time I posted on this site was April when the number of Canadian dead in Afghanistan was 116. Up until yesterday it had climbed to 126 and now on this the Civic Holiday week-end two more of our young men have fallen to I.E.Ds. The total now stands at 128 with the deaths of Cpl. Christian Bobbitt, 23, and Pvt. Matthieu Allard, 21, both of the Royal 22nd Van Doos.

As perhaps many of you know I am a Veteran and I think from my posting you also know how much I Honour and support our troops, but Canada is a small Nation (population wise) and although to others the number may seem small it is alot for Canada. I am beginning to think it is time to bring our Troops home and let some other slackard European NATO Ally take up the burden. We have done more than our share.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]