Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

One of the best websites you can use for planning your trip is this:

Undiscovered Scotland

If you plan to visit Edinburgh it might be best to do this at the start or end of your trip, thereby avoiding having a hire car in the city. Believe me, you dont want to do this ! biggrin.gif And for your stay in the city you dont need a car wink.gif

Please also try to fit in a couple of days in the Borders - too many visitors head straight for the highlands and miss out on what the Scottish borders has to offer wink.gif

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 10-Jan-2007, 08:46 PM)
Tyndrum, at The Green Welly Stop. It's a few retail stores, food, gas and just a simple place to stop and stretch before you get into the Highlands, cause there's no place else to stop, once your in the Highlands.

Aaed, there is one place to stop along the road to Glen Coe, roughly about half way. Sorry, don't remember the name of it but I do have a picture of it. When you recognize the place, just keep driving, unless you are really desperate. The place was smelly and filthy. They do have gas pumps but try to avoid going inside. It really is nasty!!

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-Aug-2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Ok, the clock is ticking!! I am still hoping to make this trip, and am currently thinking about this time next year. I really would like a friend to go along. It looks like my dad at least isn't really too interested in going though. So I'm hoping it'll be me and at least one friend. I'm trying to decide between 1 or 2 weeks, and hope for the latter. Anyone want to come along? Right now, I'm thinking a day or two in the St. Andrews area, then across to Skye and down. If I can, I'd like to slip over to the Isle of Mann for a day or two as well. Edinburgh seems the most likely place to fly in and out of, so Stirling and Falkirk should be convenient visits as well if I remember the map right.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]