Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

There are probably other posts about this topic somewhere in the forum, but I wanted to bring up a project I am really excited to start working on this sometime in early 2005.

I'd like to begin work on a online game that is tied to the forum, but that is optional for people to play.

For starters, we are going to create a homepage for this game which contains a map of the 7 Celtic nations (and England). As people complete the ranking system and are able to select their desired country - the countries will more or less became teams and members will work together. The countries will directly correspond to the member groups in the forum.

Well, I could go on and on with the plans - but eventually I'd like to create an corresponding AI that will add some "real world" events to the game. This is not going to be a 3D game, but will draw upon getting people to know each other and work togother as the strengths. There will be some graphics and possibly some java animation, music and sounds.

Initially we will have a map that is clickable with stats of the countries. I'd like to see each country have a designated ruler (King or Queen) that is elected by the population of that country. Maybe even have a few ministers that can be chosen by the ruler of the country. This would be keeping in line with a medieval type theme.

Again, the real strength and fun of this game will be the fact that it will draw upon your membership in the forum and what you do both in the forum and game to succeed.

Development will begin in January or February of Phase I. As always, I am open to ideas of things you would like to see in such a game. I think it would be appropriate to give this game a name.............

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
susieq76 
Posted: 02-Dec-2004, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

That is awesome, Mac!! Sounds pretty cool - even if I am unaware of it. Would it be a little like Jennifer Government's site? Sounds very interesting, and I'm game (pun intended)!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 02-Dec-2004, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,243 Gold!

QUOTE (Macfive @ 01-Dec-2004, 10:42 PM)
I think it would be appropriate to give this game a name.............

Okay, "Celtic Nations" should be part of the name. Then something like "Unite", "Arise", "Forever", "Homeworld",.....somebody get the thesaurus.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 02-Dec-2004, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 02-Dec-2004, 10:13 AM)
Okay, "Celtic Nations" should be part of the name. Then something like "Unite", "Arise", "Forever", "Homeworld",.....somebody get the thesaurus.

How about: "Celtic Nations' Camelot"

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 02-Dec-2004, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Wow this game idea has gotten me siked! I'm still alittle confused about the rules, but when it's up, I'm sure I'll get the idea of it!

Names...not good with names...how bout "Pick ur little country!"

No....erm... smile.gif

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 04-Dec-2004, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

It sounds like a bunch of fun Mac! Can't wait for it to be up and running! About the name thing......maybe you should ask someone else...I'm not good with the whole name thing..

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
bigjimhainey 
Posted: 04-Dec-2004, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: South Mississippi

male

Sounds like fun.Im up for it as soon as you get it ready. Im always up for a game , especially when someone else does all the hard work and i just get the fun.

--------------------
ERIN GO BRAGH

Beware the Celtic Storm

Big Jim Hainey
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Jun-2006, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

Well, I am happy to report that we took the first steps in the next big expansion of our Celtic Radio website.

A medieval game is in the works that will integrate with our community forums. There will be Lords and Ladies; Peasants; Farms, Castles, Gold and more! Politics and Armies will also play an important part.

We actually have a working version of the Game (V1.0); but much work needs to be done. This has actually been a running concurrent dream of mine to build an online multiplayer game.

The Game will focus on the Seven Celtic Nations and England. Each country will work together and there will be one leader of each country that will be voted by all of the members of that country. Initially this will be more of a webpage type game, meaning the graphics, stats and how you play the game will leave in webpages.

However, once we have the entire game we will create a port to a 3D medieval world. Most likely using Java.

We will have more details later about the name of the Game, etc. and when it will be available to play. In the meantime, please feel free to post any ideas you have!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 01-Jul-2006, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

It sounds like it'll be so much fun, especially getting to play with friends on here smile.gif I can't wait!

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 10-Jul-2006, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

We should start working on this probably in about 3 weeks. We have a bunch of little projects and additions we are working on.

I believe this project is going to be done first before our "Celtic Radio" Myspace & Instant Messaging projects.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 25-Jul-2007, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

Ok, one of many projects that gets side lined for other projects. Had to do a little digging for this thread! But I am happy to announce that work is now resuming on our online game.

We really have not accomplished much, but we did create an interface to our community forums so that your member name will be the same name used in the game.

The game is really simple and some of our original specs have changed, but I think it will add a bit of fun to the forums. Your Game stats will appear in your profile and also posts and topics will add Gold to your account.

A Map coordinate system is being developed that could eventually someday be turned into a 3D map.

Ok, we will see if we can roll out V 1.0 for 2007!

blow.gif
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Jul-2007, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Sounds like alot of fun and it should prove to be a learning experience to since I've played very few online games. Speaking of learning experiences are you going to include any educational stuff in it. I could get my kids involved so they could learn a little bit about their heritage.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Nov-2007, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 25-Jul-2007, 10:12 PM)
Sounds like alot of fun and it should prove to be a learning experience to since I've played very few online games.  Speaking of learning experiences are you going to include any educational stuff in it.  I could get my kids involved so they could learn a little bit about their heritage.

It's going to be a very simple game. Pretty much you are in charge of your castle, army, economics, building, people and you will receive gold.

Will be thinking up ways to integrate it with your profile online.

No promises, but thinking in December / January work will resume. Mainly because our new estore is going to be put on hold for a little bit as we are coming up with a hybrid estore this week. It will be a "go between" until our new estore is completed. We are building the estore from scratch. (flour and butter - all natural ingredients!)

2008 will see us automating alot of back-end features and working on the estore, so we would like to see this get launched (the game) early 2008.
jime307 
Posted: 05-Nov-2007, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I can help some, I'm pretty good at pixel art and GUI's I can do some Java, CSS, C++, sadscript, HTML, and if you want me to learn more I can.

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Nov-2007, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,231 Gold!

QUOTE (jime307 @ 06-Nov-2007, 12:49 AM)
I can help some, I'm pretty good at pixel art and GUI's I can do some Java, CSS, C++, sadscript, HTML, and if you want me to learn more I can.

Thanks Jime! I will definitely post some information here when we are ready to start!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]