> What Do You Look For In A Friend?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

I guess we all have our expectations out of folks but I would like to be realistic about what I like in a friend. I try to get along with all folks, all beliefs and lifestyles. People are people..............we all make our mistakes and the Lord knows in Heaven that I have made my share of mistakes and continue to do so, I am sorry to say. sad.gif . My critics constantly tell me that I am too open, too trusting and very naive! Oh well! Guess I will always be at this age in my life.

I look for these qualities: honesty and telling me the truth when I have screwed up and why, openess cause if a person doesn't want to share with me about themselves then that means they don't trust me and that hurts; communication is a big thing with me; faithfulness and giving me a second chance despite my faults, kindness, encouragement, support and many hugs! smile.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I agree with you CR. I don't want a suppose to be friend who is all sweet to my face and then back stabs me. I want someone to be honest and if I have done something to upset them tell me so I can make it right. We are human and make mistakes, so I say forgive and try to forget, that is a little hard to do at times. I try to let old sleeping dogs lie. biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Yeah Maggie! I hear ya! People tell me that I am also very forgiving to a fault, but I hate being at odds with people...........it really hurts me, especially when I have done things to hurt them. sad.gif I would rather people just tell me so I can hopefully make it right.
OriginalGhirl 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia Metro Area

female

I'm optimistic about the goodness of people in general. I take people at face value, basically trusting them and what they say to me. Unfortunately over the last few years I've learned that most people can't really be trusted and I've learned to restrain my trusting nature until I know an individual better. It's amazing how many people are constantly unkind to others simply because a person doesn't believe what they believe or thinks something different. I look for honesty and loyalty. Trust grows as I get to know the person. smile.gif

--------------------
~Jenni~
~Aspiring Costume Designer~World Traveler~Celtic Music Lover~
The Original "Ghirl" - Founder, The Glengarry Bhoys Yahoo Group
Join the Official Yahoo Group for The Crofters:
The Crofters Yahoo Group
PMEmail Poster               
Kamchak 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 21-Aug-2004, 07:30 PM)
I guess we all have our expectations out of folks but I would like to be realistic about what I like in a friend. I try to get along with all folks, all beliefs and lifestyles. People are people..............we all make our mistakes and the Lord knows in Heaven that I have made my share of mistakes and continue to do so, I am sorry to say. sad.gif . My critics constantly tell me that I am too open, too trusting and very naive! Oh well! Guess I will always be at this age in my life.

I look for these qualities: honesty and telling me the truth when I have screwed up and why, openess cause if a person doesn't want to share with me about themselves then that means they don't trust me and that hurts; communication is a big thing with me; faithfulness and giving me a second chance despite my faults, kindness, encouragement, support and many hugs! smile.gif

Said very well! I must agree!

--------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ![SIZE=7][COLOR=green][CENTER]
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

What is a friend? Man that can cover alot of material. Most all of us take people at face value. Why would they lie? What do they have to gain? There is nothing wrong with getting to know someone first to decide if you can truely trust them or not. We all hold a certain "standards" of what we would call friendship. The problem is not everyone has the same "standards" we have. So there are all levels of friendships and all levels of trust.

Once you open your heart to someone you are giving them something special of yourself. Hopefully the person you entrust that little part of your heart to will cherish it and do nothing to hurt it. If that other person walks away for no reason then your relationship wasn't real. Or the other person was afraid of you getting too close to their heart too.

Many of us take people at their word. So we get sucked into others "agendas" that are not necessarily our "agendas". So we get used by others thru our friendships or what we are lead to believe are friends.

People need to understand being friends comes with responsibilities. #1 to always be honest with each other. We pick our friends! So you have to be careful when you give a piece of your heart away. You can't stop being too trusting, or naive cause that is who you are. And you can't stop being you just because someone has lesser values than you.

Big thing that helps I believe is enjoy each friendship but don't stick yourself out there to get hurt. Enjoy the friendship. Let it grow over time. If someone still has a piece of your heart, let them keep it. With time your heart will heal and that other person will realize one day what you gave them.

Annabelle Gordon

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very beautifully said, Annabelle! I was always taught to give people the benefit of the doubt until they proved themselves to be untrustworthy.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

What do I look for in a friend? Hmm... Wel I generally don't know what I'm looking for until I've found it in my gut. Kindness. Honesty. Generally I find them because we like something in common. (Such as Celtic Music). Respectful...

I generally tend to follow my gut with every person I meet. From the time I catch sight of someone, I'm trying to determine of they might be a good person to be around or not. A harder task online, since you can't read body language. Still manageable smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted: 25-Aug-2004, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
What do I look for in a friend? unsure.gif
Well, actually I don't 'look' for anything..I accept anyone and everybody for all they believe in, stand for, represent and live for...I have always been 'color-blind', I have always been 'religiously-blind' and always been 'culture/ethnic-blind'...some of my greatest friends 'found' me...I believe its all in the energy one omits, the smile on their face, the way they stand while introducing themselves to you...some of my greatest friends I have met 'online' and have traveled to meet them..so the words one 'speaks via typing' can mean a lot..depends on how trustworthy you are as a person...personally, I don't believe in being 'afraid' to meet someone that I have 'chatted' with online just because I have never met them in person persay..I have found that 'chatting' with someone online gives you a better perspective, for the most part, of who they are versus meeting someone in a real-life situation, especially the 'bar-scene'...One of my closest friends I have I met online about 4 years ago and it has been a splendid friendship..I do hope, but can't control, that my friends are true, honest, and forth-right not only with me but, with themselves wink.gif Acceptance is the key to a friendship lasting a lifetime love.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]