> Visiting Scotland
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Iain! Wow! Wonderful to see you! biggrin.gif Thanks for reminding me about the borders! Funny, I was looking at my map of Scotland last night and looking that part of the country over as well. I have a feeling it is going to take me more than one trip to see everything I want to see. cool.gif I want to see as many castles as I can. Didn't realize there were some on the borders as well. Glasgow and Edinburgh is considered central belt, right?

Oh wow! You are going to NZ? Are you going for 3 weeks yourself? Fred just loves it there. He wanted to move there even! He wants very much to go back and take me there to see it too. I can't wait till you go and tell me how you love it as I am sure you will.

Thanks Cu Dubh! Yeah, it will be a wee bit of rush, won't it? The more of Scotland I look on the net, the more I want to see. Sigh.... I was telling Fred last night all what we can do in Glasgow. Thanks for the weather info too. I wanted to stay away from the tourist season, even though I sure would love to go to the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh. But that's in August as the height of tourist time and flights are more expensive too. Thanks for the suggestion of clothes too! Summer clothes in September.......in Scotland?!

Cu Dubh, do you take many trips outside of Scotland or the UK in general at all? Where all have you been? You all are so lucky cause you get to see and experience all these different countries and cultures.

You all are so much help and I am so excited.

I can't wait to hear about Brian's trip in a few weeks to see what he does and thinks.

Aragorn. Have you been over to Scotland yet?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Forgot. Iain! Is that THE Al Pacino in your avatar? laugh.gif Good one! thumbs_up.gif
Cù Dubh 
Posted: 02-Jun-2005, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Alba

male

Summer clothes in September.......in Scotland?!

Summer for Scotland no Arizona CR! laugh.gif
If you're thinking of going in September then you'll need your jumpers & anoraks. Especially late Sept. It get chillier at night too.

--------------------
Bruidhinnibh Gàidhlig Rium.
PMEmail Poster               
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Jun-2005, 12:11 AM)
Forgot. Iain! Is that THE Al Pacino in your avatar?  laugh.gif  Good one!  thumbs_up.gif

Naw, its my uncle Davy. There is a likeness though isnt there ? wink.gif

(only kiddin' - it is A.P., one of my heroes king.gif )

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
Maddie 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

Ah... I though there is no weather in Scotland... all four seasons in one day?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jun-2005, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Cu Dubh! That is what I thought. Was to bring warm clothing in September. I thought you were messing with me. tongue.gif laugh.gif What's an anorak? unsure.gif Love your new avatar, btw! wink.gif

Iain! Al Pacino is a big hero of mine too! I own all the Godfather movies, of course, and have seen him in just about every movie he has made. Since I am half Sicilian, it is more likely that he is my Uncle Davy. laugh.gif

I looked on my Scotland map last night at the borders. I am not really familiar with the area so any particular towns you might suggest I try to see? I actually know someone who lives in Stranraer. He has showed me pictures of his town and surrounding areas such as the beautiful Galloway Forest. Looks really beautiful. smile.gif

Hai Maddie! Hope you are doing well! smile.gif
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 04-Jun-2005, 04:55 AM)
I looked on my Scotland map last night at the borders.  I am not really familiar with the area so any particular towns you might suggest I try to see?

Here are a few places I would recommend Rose

Based in Edinburgh, you could see all these in a day's driving,passing through some lovely scenery while you move from place to place. thumbs_up.gif

Jedburgh

Hawick

Peebles

Moffat

St Mary's Loch

PMEmail Poster               
Cù Dubh 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Alba

male

Naw, for some reason i had it in my head you were going in August for the festival. September can still have warm days though. No way of knowing really. rolleyes.gif What you think is cold though is probably my idea of a heatwave. laugh.gif
What's an anorak

It's a waterproof jacket. Not sure what they call them in the US.
PMEmail Poster               
Maddie 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

I think parka or windbreaker is a good term for anorak.

Hai, I'm doing ok.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Iain very much for the suggestions. I added them to my must see list to put in my visit to Scotland folder. I had never really considered the borders cause everybody I know always goes to the Highlands, which I hope to do as well.

Cu Dubh! I wish so much I could go in August to the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, but the flight over the pond is so much cheaper if we wait a month. I would especially love to go this August/ September for the big event taking place this year. wink.gif

Thanks for telling me what an anorak is. It would be like a "rain coat" for us or like what Maddie said, a parka or windbreaker.

Hai Maddie! You have been to Scotland. I would be interested in hearing about your travels there and where you went and did. Weren't you just there for a month?!

Bye fur noo! wink.gif
Maddie 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

I don't think rain coat quite gets it, a parka describes anorak best. If I'm not completely mistaken its an eskimo word, at least from far North, that makes the original not just rain coats but warm and comfy as well.

I've been several times to Scotland. The very first time when I was a toddler, lol, while my father worked in a place near London and later in Dundee. Sadly enough it's been my longest stay. Ack.

My last stay was actually the shortest one, just 8 days, with six days on the Isle of Skye. Couldn't help but strolling a day in Edinburgh though. Next visit will be in September (a bheil thu deisil, mo bhana-chariad a Fhaileas?), can't wait.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Maddie @ 04-Jun-2005, 08:37 PM)
I don't think rain coat quite gets it, a parka describes anorak best. If I'm not completely mistaken its an eskimo word, at least from far North, that makes the original not just rain coats but warm and comfy as well.

I've been several times to Scotland. The very first time when I was a toddler, lol, while my father worked in a place near London and later in Dundee. Sadly enough it's been my longest stay. Ack.

My last stay was actually the shortest one, just 8 days, with six days on the Isle of Skye. Couldn't help but strolling a day in Edinburgh though. Next visit will be in September (a bheil thu deisil, mo bhana-chariad a Fhaileas?), can't wait.

Oh, well you learn something new every day! Thanks Maddie! How lucky for you to have been on Scottish soil several times. I'll be lucky if I do it one time! smile.gif

Your going this September? Cool! Where are going to exactly? To visit Faileas?
Maddie 
Posted: 04-Jun-2005, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

I sorely miss an edit button! LOL.

Yeah, I'd love meeting her again.

My job requires lots of travel to my advantage . We have an office Aberdeen and flying to Europe is part of my objectives. A little detour is acceptable, as long as no extra cost do occur.

Although most of business trips are far from enjoyable... wasting hours at airports, in airplanes and hotel rooms... my favoutate example: my frequent visits to Paris. You hop on a plane, embark on the travel underground, leave at a station called Eiffel tower, run up the stairs (where is the tower???), hurry down the street, attend a meeting all fricking day long, and hurry back. Ah there's the Eiffel tower... boy.

Yeah, I've been to Paris but only because I deliberatly took vacation days.
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
  Posted: 06-Jun-2005, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 05-Jun-2005, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (Maddie @ 04-Jun-2005, 08:37 PM)

My last stay was actually the shortest one, just 8 days, with six days on the Isle of Skye. Couldn't help but strolling a day in Edinburgh though. Next visit will be in September
(a bheil thu deisil, mo bhana-chariad a Fhaileas?), can't wait.

Oh, well you learn something new every day! Thanks Maddie! How lucky for you to have been on Scottish soil several times. I'll be lucky if I do it one time! smile.gif

Your going this September? Cool! Where are going to exactly? To visit Faileas?

Tha mi' n dochas gum bi mi deiseil le taigh snog, a ghraidh smile.gif. I hope I will be ready with a nice house smile.gif.

And Celtic Rose .... Should you find your way one day to the Misty Isle, ye are more than welcome to call in for a wee dram wink.gif.

Maddie, a ghraidh, I am lookinf forward to it rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Jun-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hai all!

I just got back from my trip up to Oregon. I was up there for 7 days and I learned a big lesson while there. You can't see and do much in that short period of time and we did A LOT! So we figure we will probably have to narrow down our trip to just Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and Inverness and stay in a B&B where we will be centrally located to these places. Hopefully we will be able to do that in a 10 day trip.

Thanks Faileas for your invitation.

Maddie, I bet the travelling is a real pain but how neat you get to travel abroad and see other countries. I am lucky if I get out of the state! LOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]