Shamalama 
Posted: 04-Oct-2005, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

There is a free online email thingie called Gmail. It's run by the same people that run Google. Setting it apart from other online email services like Hotmail and Yahoo Mail is that Gmail has no pop-up ads, no untargeted banners, and 2.5 gigabytes of online storage. The backbone of Gmail is a powerful Google search engine that quickly finds any message an account owner has ever sent or received. That means there's no need to file messages in order to find them again. When Gmail displays an email, it automatically shows all the replies to that email as well, so users can view a message in the context of a conversation. Gmail includes a sophisticated spam filter. There?s an auto-save feature. It's clean and fast, and it's a favorite of mine.

One note: Gmail does not allow executable files to be sent or received. It's their way of keeping your account virus free.

So why isn't everyone using it? You can get a Gmail account only if you're invited by someone who already has one. That's where I come in. I've had a Gmail account for some time and have built up 50 Invitations. So, if you're really nice, I'd be happy to pass along an Invitation or two to my friends (all 4 of you) that actually read the screed I post here. Leave me a comment and a way to email you an Invitation and I'll sent it off to you.

If you require more than one Invitation then you're going to have to do something really special, like email me a bottle of The Glenlivet.

Y'all have a nice day.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 05-Oct-2005, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Ok, I'll take your offer. Sounds pretty cool to me. I think you can easily get my email addy from my profile. Just use my MSN identity, ok. Thanks Shamalama.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Invitation sent.
PMEmail Poster               
sniper 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: Augusta,Ga

male

That is certainly a short list of friends but on the off-chance that I'm in the club, I'd sure like to have one of those nifty g-mail accounts.

I've been trying to mail The Glenlivet but I just keep spilling it on the keyboard! laugh.gif
I may have to figure something else out? wine.gif

My email addy is in my profile.
Thanks

--------------------
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Militia
1.Civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army

2.The entire body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Nope. CR uses a form to email you, and your email is either stored somewhere or it's encoded - I can't find it.

PM me with a good email address and I'll send it off to you.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I'm not sure if I'm on that short list, but I sure would like to get one o' them there invites, if you gots one to spare! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
single speed 
Posted: 11-Oct-2005, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

Count me in, Im a slut for free stuff

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]