> Civil War Re-enacting In The US
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Mar-2007, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

I thought I would start this thread so any of you who do or who are interesting in civil war (that's what we call it here in the southwest) albeit re-enacting or just being a spectator can post dates, places, etc.

here is one for the Glorietta, NM event. This is all I know for now

May 4-6, 2007, Santa Fe, NM. If someone has more info, please feel free to post! Thanks! smile.gif

PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
coastman 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Here in the South we call it The War Between the States. If the war was a civil war General Stonewall Jackson would have marched into Washington and hung Lincoln and his cabinet after 1st. Manassass.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

OK. Let's try this again.

1. War's over.

2. You lost.

3. Get over it.
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Coastman, that will do.

J. Padraig, please stop taking the bait.

Keep it to company tones, gentlemen.

This topic is about reenacting, not for debate on the fine points of the war. Please keep things on topic and if you feel the need to discuss the war itself, feel free to start your own topic, keeping in mind the terms of service and the manners your mama taught you.

As you all were...

EDITED to reword things.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I'll need to get the exact dates, but every year there is a local gathering and re-enactment of the Battle of Richmond. I've been needing to post about it for a while now. Also, it's not uncommon that some other Civil War event will sneak up on us here in Richmond, KY.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 21-Jul-2007, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Sekhmet @ 20-Jul-2007, 01:47 PM)
Coastman, that will do.

J. Padraig, please stop taking the bait.

Keep it to company tones, gentlemen.

This topic is about reenacting, not for debate on the fine points of the war. Please keep things on topic and if you feel the need to discuss the war itself, feel free to start your own topic, keeping in mind the terms of service and the manners your mama taught you.

As you all were...

EDITED to reword things.

It was a joke!!

...sheesh! sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 22-Jul-2007, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Apologies, J Padraig...after being in the CW scene and reenacting for...more years than I want to think about...I'm used to seeing snarling where there might not be.

But it generally is. Know what I mean?

I'll take your word for it, though. I truly am sorry if you were trying to lighten the mood.

I'll be looking for my sense of humor if you need me...I think it's behind the couch again.
coastman 
Posted: 01-Aug-2007, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

A great book to read is Frank Conner's "The South Under Siege-1830-2000. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Aug-2007, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Sekmet! You were a CW re-enactor?! wow! That is exciting.

I am very aware that different parts of the country refer to the war with different titles. I lived in the south for 14 years. My mother was born and raised in GA and all my relatives still live there and oddly enough we all call it "civil war" to this day. But if any of you want to call it by another name, fine by me. The point of this thread is that we share our historical re-enactments when and where, no matter what you choose to call it. We have a small re-enactment skirmish every March at Picacho Peak, AZ. Will keep you posted on that as soon as I know more details.

In the meantime, I attended a "civil war" re-enactment up in Oregon in June. My BIL is a Major for the confederates. It was one of the best CW re-enactments I have ever attended! Can't tell you how many photos I took...too embarrassing. But here are a few should you like to see. There are some repeats, but a few were family members and I had sent this same album to them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rosemary.deser...key=gvd8N3FxZnY

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Ooh, I almost forgot to add that I bought the book, The Red Badge of Honor. Hope to read it soon!

This post has been edited by CelticRose on 16-Aug-2007, 09:17 PM
Sekhmet 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Good lord yes darlin'...I've been one for about 14 years now. smile.gif

I also work in and around Gettysburg off and on, and my research partner and I have been working on a book for quite a few years now.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Sekmet, your too funny! Did you find your sense of humor behind the couch? (I am only joking cause you said it!) Ok, so you STILL are a CW re-enactor! For that long?! And your writing a book too? That is so exciting! Please let me know about your book, which story, fact or historical fiction and when you get it finished. Hmm...come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen a historical fiction book written about the CW era. Do any exists? I might like to read them.

I did try on some dresses up in Oregon. I just want a simple day dress...if I get into this era or not. I would be on the confederate side. However, I still have to buy proper shoes for 18th century and I have been at that for 2 years!

How cool that you live near Gettysburg. There are several from my group who are going there sometime soon for a field trip. And they are going to re-enact somewhere close by as well.

I recently found the DVD, "Gettysburg" at the grocery store for real cheap. It was filmed in 1993. I am sure some of you have seen it. Since I am behind in my CW history, is this movie/documentary accurate at all? Or is it like "The Patriot" is to us 18thc re-enactors..... puke.gif

Thanks!
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celtic Rose,
Those pictures are really wonderful. I loved the one with the Black & Tan puppy. I used to raise that breed. Another that really caught my eye was the young boys in the circle listening to the story. A lot of really beautiful pictures of the horses. I couldn't get the second link to work I will check back later. May be your working on it. Thanks for posting those.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy, sorry about the second link. But what I was able to do was combine them. However, I forgot to edit the post. So what you saw was all it. Like I said above, many were repeats but some were family members and friends and I had sent this same link to them. The brown and black pup, Stuart the Dachsund, is probably the smartest dog with the most personality I have ever met. When we left Oregon I cried more about leaving the dog. laugh.gif He was my bed buddy for a lot of the trip. Well thanks for looking! Hope your doing well.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 17-Aug-2007, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Nice pictures, Rose!
There are quite a few re-enactments available here in Western NY--I'll likely be participating in one at Hamlin Beach this week-end.
I managed to spend the 1st week of July at Gettysburg--I suspect that it would be impossible to take in all that Gettysburg has to offer, no matter how much time is available. I hope to go back again in November for Remembrance Day.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 17-Aug-2007, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rose!

I have to go pick up my daughter from day camp and then I'm gonna go visit my clan mother for awhile, but I'll answer your questions just as soon as I get home...promise. wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]