Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

Sorry to hear that your husband got sick L-O-A ...you would have loved the balloons..
Ok this wedding is going to kill me....pianist has dropped out...UGH! Don't have another...daughter wants to use recorded music...church, reception, photographer, music for reception and catering all taken care of. Keeping my fingers crossed on those....Wedding is in 24 days and counting....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hello!!!!! wub.gif :wub
I hope everyone is better now!!!!!
I had a good weekend!!!!! It is nice to get to meet new people and spend a little time with them.
I am enjoying some outdoor concerts with a friend, and getting out to enjoy life again!!!! angel.gif angel.gif
MARTI cheers.gif cheers.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

Way to Go Marti... good for you... I'm glad that you are getting out and having fun.
Went to a new Doctor today...he is setting me up with more tests..but it will be 2 weeks before they can do them and then I can't see him again until Oct. 1. Geesh! Another month gone and nothing learned or treated...
Can I scream now???
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Just wanted to say hello to all. Weather here is still in the triple digits and our monsoons have lingered, making everything very humid.......till today! It was such a beautiful day today...back to our old desert. Yea, it was 103 degrees, but dry heat!

Leenie, I hope you get your tests and tests results soon.

Hey MDF, how are things going?!

MDF3530 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

We had a lot of rain here yesterday, thanks to the remnants of Gustav. Here in the Midwest we get remnants of all the Gulf Coast hurricanes. My friend Nate in Virginia says he's gonna get the same type of downpour this weekend when Hanna comes a-calling. At least all this cloud cover and cooler temps have enabled me to give my air conditioner a respite.

I am kinda busy right now. My friend Nate is getting married in Virginia (Charlottesville) in October, so I've been researching flights and rental cars. I was planning on taking the train, but all the coach seats on the return trip on the train that runs between Chicago and Washington DC and stops in Charlottesville are sold out. I've never traveled by train before and I just thought it'd be fun. I'm planning on flying into either Richmond or Washington DC and then driving to Charlottesville the Thursday before the wedding and doing some sightseeing on Friday.

Also, I'm trying to help some of my old elementary school classmates track down our other classmates so we can get together and plan a 20th reunion.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
marti64 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

It sounds like everyone is really busy!!!!! Sometimes that's good!!

have a nice weekend!!!!

Marti
wub.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 07-Sep-2008, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

Ok ...ok We have a lead on 3 different pianists..surely one of them will be free and can play at the wedding...keep your fingers crossed people...stopped in at the caterers yesterday and he didn't have the order quite right...UGH! I got it straightened out and hopefully the food will arrive like it should.
Working on the favors for the wedding reception this week, should get those done in 1 day, if we get the brides maids help. Have to pay out money this week for the reception hall, church, caterer, ...and on and on...
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 07-Sep-2008, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Leenie,
A wedding is always something quite exciting but when it's time to organize things and seeing to this and that well...sometimes it can turn out to be the most stressfull thing.
Hope that all will go as plan and that you get a wonderful weather that day especially for the newlyweds...

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 08-Sep-2008, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

I don't know about the weather for the wedding day, that's still a couple of weeks off from now, but my son is proposing outdoors this weekend in front of a crowd and the weather is supposed to be raining, thanks to the latest tropical storm coming into Florida or the Gulf...We will be trying to take pictures and hold onto our umbrellas at the same time...oh well..we can change and dry off and it will add one more memory to the day...
Seems like with a wedding, you get one thing straightened out (you think) and then there's always someone or something else to go wrong or to be done. 17 more days and counting...
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Just stopping in quickly to let my friends know that today is my 30th anniversary to a most wonderful man.
leenie 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

Congratulations Gwenlee on the 30th Anniversary cheers.gif inlove.gif I hope that you and your husband have many, many more!
MDF3530 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Happy anniversary Gwenlee!!!
valpal59 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Happy Anniversary Gwenlee!!!!! cheers.gif
I hope you have many more.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,855 Gold!

Actually went into work today, something I have done very little of in the past several months...good thing I have an understanding boss that told me when I was first sick that she didn't expect me in everyday..I could come in whenever I felt like it and work as long as I wanted...I am a florist and in the past couple of weeks I've made it in 3 times for several hours..I know that doesn't seem like much to someone who works 8 or more hour days, but for me as sick as I've been, it's a small step back to the way things used to be...
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Sep-2008, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I am on break right now so I have time to catch up on the latest. leenie don't worry too much about wedding and work. Concentrate on staying well.

My hunny and I are going to celebrate our anniversary in 2 weeks. We had to put off celebrating because of my recovery and now this Friday I will have a colonoscopy, fun!! But it doesn't matter to me about when we celebrate. I am amazed that 30 years has passed, it really doesn't seem like it has been that long. Oh don't get me wrong our relationship hasn't been perfect, but we have worked through what ever has been thrown at us and have survived. For a marriage that everyone said wouldn't last 6 month, well what can I say. BTW people said that because we only dated 6 weeks. I am really blessed.

Not a lot has been going on. My daughter with MS is still out of work. The doctor said she is not well enough to go back and he isn't sure when she can.

Next month is the big games for me at Stone Mountain. I am hoping that some of the Georgia Girls will be there.

Well I gotta go.

Take care everyone

gwenlee
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]