Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

Findabhair
I hope you or no one gets upset with me for what I ask. What is Wicca? What are your beliefs? There is Light and Dark. Good and Bad. I have family that was exiled and persecuted for being witches because they knew the ways of the woods and used herbal medicines. My eldest daughter has gotten into some dark wicca things that are not good. But I have also found a few good wiccas that are called 'white witch' They use herbs and other things for healing and to do good. If you do not any of the dark arts or magic I see nothing wrong with it. If you were my child, I would want you to come to me and talk to me. Teach me. Tell me how you feel about things and why. Seek Light and Truth always.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (RebeccaAnn @ 02-Sep-2008, 10:10 PM)
Findabhair
  I hope you or no one gets upset with me for what I ask. What is Wicca? What are your beliefs?  There is Light and Dark. Good and Bad.  I have family that was exiled and persecuted for being witches because they knew the ways of the woods and used herbal medicines.  My eldest daughter has gotten into some dark wicca things that are not good. But I have also found a few good wiccas that are called 'white witch' They use herbs and other things for healing and to do good.  If you do not any of the dark arts or magic I see nothing wrong with it.  If you were my child, I would want you to come to me and talk to me. Teach me. Tell me how you feel about things and why.  Seek Light and Truth always.
RebeccaAnn

Rebecca Ann --

It would be wonderful if all parents whose children choose a path that seems disturbing or hard to understand were as welcoming as you are. It's something that each set of parents and child have to work out individually between them. I hope you and your daughter find some understanding and communication. I also hope you discover in time that there aren't any inherent "dark arts" in wicca, and that people who try purposely and unwisely to use the skills for unethical purposes don't represent the path of wicca. In fact, it is thought that they put themselves at risk for having their misuse of their gifts rebound back on them threefold. It's not hard to imagine the human cost that would come back on a misuser of any belief system at all, if that person tries to do harm with the skills, insights and practices of it. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

There is much about wicca and so much called wicca that is hard to find what true wicca is. What is Wicca? What does wicca believe? What does it teach? I have seen much that is called wicca that is dark magic and not good. It leads away into places no one belongs. Yet I know there is also good.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (RebeccaAnn @ 03-Sep-2008, 12:11 PM)
There is much about wicca and so much called wicca that is hard to find what true wicca is. What is Wicca? What does wicca believe? What does it teach? I have seen much that is called wicca that is dark magic and not good. It leads away into places no one belongs. Yet I know there is also good.
RebeccaAnn

It's true that there are some ill-informed and ill-advised practices that are called wicca, in ignorance or disingenuously, to deceive. It's really about as responsible for people to take this perception for true and fair as it is for people to accept radical extremist fundamentalist Muslim teaching as the true face of Islam. It does more harm to the community it pretends to belong to than it does to anyone else, very sadly.

In both cases, there is not "also" good -- there is good, if it is the true practice. The deliberately harmful practice is not the real thing. People are human, they make mistakes and lose control, and it doesn't take being a wiccan to harm someone with thought, word or deed in moments of anger -- but that is not the same as starting out with a practice that deliberately aims to do harm.

Just out of curiosity, RebeccaAnn, what is the "dark magic" called wicca that you have seen much of, and that you are talking about?
PMEmail Poster               
Findabhair 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 02-Sep-2008, 06:55 PM)

Tell us what the gaelic caption on your beautiful signature photo means? smile.gif

It means "praise the good day at the close of it" I felt that by reminding myself of this when right before bed it sort of centers me in a way. I'd like to use another word but "grounding" makes the most sense.

My grandmother used to say this to me when I would visit her when I was younger and up until a few years ago I had no idea what it meant( she spoke gaelic and I wasnt made to learn but now I feel it's time to). It reminds me of her and again it's a good thought to calm, for me at least.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

That's a really beautiful wish, and a night-time practice or ritual, and also a lovely story. Thanks for telling us.

I have the feeling that once you start to learn gaelic, it will come easier to you than it does to many. You have what they call the passive knowledge of having a native speaker use it sometimes in your hearing, so the fall of the sounds is already with you. I hope you come to the study of it in good time, and that it makes a rich addition to your life (how could it not?) when you do. yes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 27-Dec-2008, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I was 43 when I started looking into Paganism. That was only a bit over a year ago. I did not tell my family because my mother's parents were elders in the Presbyterian Church when they were alive. My mother though not a church going person is very strong in her opinions.

She found out when my sister found my MySpace. When she asked me about it, I had the answer ready. I told her that I am practicing the Old Religion that most all other religions are based on. It is also the religion from the country of our ancestors. She let it go at that.

I am not doing anything bad. I am respecting my Mother Earth and its inhabitants of all kinds with more respect.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticQueenCelticLord 
Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Los Lunas, NM, USA

female

Findabhair
First, I wish you all the best and you will do what you feel is best in your time. Everyone here has given you such good advice so I wont try to add mine. I do want to tell you a little story though.

I am a mother of 6 and my oldest daughter went to the Pagan/Wiccan quite some time ago. Unlike you she did not have a mother with bad experiences and someday your Mums bad experiences will hopefully fade, like when you are truly able to sit with her and tell her your side. I hope she understands. Anyway, as i said in a dif forum I had my own ideas about religion and didnt know where to turn. My daughter "came out" when she was an adult and told me a lot about my own feelings. Well, low and behold, I to am now a beleiver and feel so much more comfortable. One day at the flea market a woman came to our table and saw some of the things we were vending and told us about an event we could merchant at. It was Beltane. We went and I have never felt so welcome in a group in my whole 50 some years. That was five years ago and we have not missed one yet along with other events/rites/rituals. Since that time I have found a new husband who has also studied as many religions as he can and really likes our way of life and enjoys it with us. I am now 59 and couldnt be happier. We handfasted back in Aug and it was the most spiritual experience I have ever had.

I hope and pray that someday your Mum will understand. I dont know if mine would have or not but she is now with the Goddess. But, even is she does not understand you she will always love you, dont ever forget that. A mother can never not love her child, she may not like what her child does (been there done that) but she will always love you.

Best of luck sweetie and Bright Blessings

--------------------
When the day shall come, that we do part; if my last words are not 'I love you'--ye'll ken it was because I didna have time. (Fiery Cross Quotes)
Also a Diana Gabaldon, Jamie Frazier lover
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Wiccan, Wica, Pagan...placing a name on the oldest beliefs in the world does not do it justice... "black majik" has no place in any of those named things above. Black majik is evil and of the dark side.
True pagans or what ever you want to call us believe in the natural rythems and ebes and flows of the natural world... do evil?

NEVER! Remember what you do will come back thrice to you!

This is the code of three!

Do not concern yourself with what others think, it is what you think that matters!

Good luck with your family accepting your beliefs.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]