Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

A spot for staging, and backstory for "A New Beginning". I started the thread in hopes of getting something going like Highlander Castle used to be. Setting up a rather medieval type environment like we're all familiar with in fantasy, and setting up to grow how it will.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Aldrin is the son and apprentice to an old mage. In his younger years, his father was a well respected advisor to the courts, but now he's just a washed up old has-been who is too blind to see his days are past. Despite this, he can still command rather powerful magic, and so the local lord still calls on him on a rare occasion. Aldrin dreams of adventure, but doesn't see how it could ever happen to him.

Aldrin's mother died a few years ago while giving birth to his sister. When neither survived his father became even more of a recluse.
oldraven 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Nathan is a low key scholar, with associations with a type of secret society, who's purpose and origins are not yet clear. He lives alone and is not a local, though his neighbours have come to accept him as a trustworthy outsider. He tries to make an effort to be a part of society in his village, to avoid creating mystery about himself with the locals, which eventually could lead to snooping and spying. Even with this effort, he is very much wrapped up in his duties, and only ends up being casual enough to avoid suspicion. He is regarded as odd, though; some sort of novelty.

He has recently acquired a very important, if not pivotal, text relating to the organisation. It is unclear at this time how it came into his possession, or where he found it.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Ysabel was raised with a group of traveling musicians. Her father played many instruments and taught her the harp and the recorder. Her recorder is very special to her as it seems to have some powers that are as yet unclear to her in their scope. She never knew her mother who disappeared when she was just a toddler. The only thing she has of her mother's possessions is a pendant with some worn markings on it that she's never been able to decipher.

Ysabel is short with hazel eyes and long, red hair. She is highly-spirited and argumentative but very resourceful. Her background has provided her with knowledge of the legends of the area and a wisdom far beyond her sixteen years. She comes to the inn seeking employment as her father has just died and the musicians have disbanded, leaving her on her own.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,168 Gold!

Lisbeth is the 17 year old daughter of the local Lord. Her mother died from a fever when Lisbeth was 7 years old. She has grown up a head strong young Lady who doesn't necessarily act as a young Lady should. She has definite ideas about what her future should hold and she has set about to make sure that what she wants come true.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Am I the only one to notice a lot of characters' mothers are dead? Just an odd coincidence?
oldraven 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 25-Jan-2008, 11:15 AM)
Am I the only one to notice a lot of characters' mothers are dead? Just an odd coincidence?

Nope. And I also noticed Nathan's the only old enough to not talk about his parents. biggrin.gif

Hey, maybe his Dad was a drinker. You never know.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Mortality rates were pretty high back then, methinks. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,168 Gold!

Life was certainly rough during this time period. Many women died during or from childbirth. People of all ages died from many illnesses that we today don't really think about anymore. How terrifying to have lived in an age when most died young and medical advances were so primitive.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
jime307 
Posted: 18-May-2008, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Hugh is a young twenty one year old knight from who knows where, his father was a general and lord in one of the Crusades, he was killed in battle however. Hugh never knew his mother. He has come to the small town on buisness with the lord. He is a calm character who's not afraid to come to action when the occasion arises. He is not very wealthy, in fact his only belongings are his horse, his clothes, and the sword of his beloved father.

He's just rode into town and taken part-time residence at the local Inn

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]