Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Elder

Birthday: 19-Dec-1984
Total Posts: 57
Realm: No Information

I don't really know what to say about myself. If you have any questions feel free to just ask.
~My focus at school is music, more specifically vocal performance.
~I am involved in theatre and the music programs at my school.
~My senior research project I am doing a lecture and recital on Celtic Music because we do not have a class devoted to World Music and I knew that this would be most interesting to me. I know that I would want to research this even more then I already have. If anyone would like to help I would appreciate it. I will try to keep people updated.

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 28-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple
Forum: Family History & Clans

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Add Entry   

Senior Research Project
Posted by MKOC19 on Jan 30th, 2007 1:17 PM
I am in my senior year of college and I am working on my Independant Study. It is pretty much how it sounds I study something by myself and I meet with a professor so that they know that I am on track and then I give a presentation on everything that I have been studying.

My school does not have a world music class and that is kind of what I wanted to focus on. I decided to do mine on Celtic Music mainly focusing on the vocal tradition since I am a vocal performance major. At this point in time I am listening to lots of music and looking to buy scores and sheet music. I am looking for any sort suggestions of certian songs to look at or certain artists. There is a lot out there and I need help getting though some of it.

So if anyone has pieces that they absolutely love I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

smile.gif

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

:(
Posted by MKOC19 on Sep 21st, 2006 8:24 PM
I dont know what I'm doing. cry.gif

Ever felt like everything is falling apart around you and you're wondering when this happened and how it happened....and have absolutely no idea what you can do about any of it. That is where I am at the moment.

I dont think I can physically or emotionally take any more of this. unsure.gif

Comments: 1 View/Add Comments

SUMMER!!!!
Posted by MKOC19 on Sep 10th, 2006 9:14 PM
Summer was amazing. VERY BUSY!!! But a lot of fun.

My sister got married to a wonderful man. I welcome him as my new brother. I will disown my other brothers now smile.gif JK. I love my brothers but now the girls are out numbered once again in my family. I think we need to work on that. Anyways back to the wedding. It really was perfect. Nothing honestly went wrong. I know a lot of people say that something always goes wrong with weddings, but nothing did for her wedding which makes me very happy. I was her maid of honor, which was a lot of fun. I tried to help in every way I could when I got home because it was really difficult to help while I was at school. I also sang in the wedding. I sang, "Believe Me if All those Endearing Young Charms" It was my grandparents song for their wedding so I have sang it before. This song was for the Prelude and I sang it in the Choir loft and then I had to get down the stairs to walk down the aisle. I unfortunately slipped down the last few steps. No one saw which I was greatful for, but my sister, father and Uncle heard me. But at least I didnt fall infront of the people walking down the aisle. BUT everything was georgous and it went of marvoulously.

There was also her bridal shower a month before her wedding and my boss almost asked me to work that day. The funny thing is the shower was held at my work and my brother and law works with her and so does a lot of my family. I kinda laughed at her when she asked me to work because I thought she was joking. I realized that she wasnt and kindly explained that I could not work through my sister's shower, but if she really needed me I would work before which she laughed in responce and apologized and asked me to work in the morning. It was an interesting moment to say the least.

I also worked quite a bit this year as well. Lots of overtime. 40+ hour weeks. Not the most fun thing in the world, but I need the money for school. This year we had bad luck with new girls. They were not very reliable at all. It was hard covering for them when they did not come into work. They also did not do their share of the work and didnt even attempt to learn what was needed to be down. If they made a mistake they would just pass it off and make me fix it and not even try to learn how to fix it themselves. One girl just stood there a lot. She would want to be in on all the gossip. She would also follow me around the office wanting me to be her entertainment. It is a very small office, but that did not explain why I would always be stepping on her. She shouldnt be so close to me that every time that I turn around I'm stepping on her. I like to keep busy and she didnt seem to understand that. It was not the best situation.

I also went on a 2 week cruise to the Mediteranian with my friend and her parents. It was unbelievable. We went to Italy, Greece, Spain, France, and Croatia. Croatia was breath-taking. Not that the other places werent, but there was just something about Croatia that stuck out to me. I just couldnt believe it. Dubrovnik is where we were mainly and if there is ever a chance to go there TAKE IT!!! You will not regreat it.

I am now currently back at school finishing up my undergrad. Lots of stress but it is starting to go better. At the moment I am focused on my senior recital but this year is going to fly by.

I Think that is it from me for now. I will be back later. I dont want people to get too sick of me. wink.gif

WOW!!
Posted by MKOC19 on Apr 6th, 2006 10:55 AM
WOW!! It's been a really long time since I've last updated. I'm back in school. I went on a tour of the Midwest with my choir for my spring break. It's sadder than you think.....my school is in the midwest. So, we were in Michigan, Ohio, and Illinois for about a week. I kinda cried when we past my exit for my house. We did this a couple times. I was really tempted to just not get on the bus when we spoted at a rest stop about 5 miles away from my house.

Right now I am almost done with our sping musical the Music Man. I am Marian the Librarian. Everyone seems to love calling me that too. It opens tonight which will be good. I think we are ready for an audience. My mom and my sister are coming to see it I'm really exicited. I havent seen my family or been home since Janurary. sad.gif I miss home.

Then its just a half a week and I do get to go home. After that we will be performing Mozart's Requiem. For those of you that have seen X-Men 2. Watch the very beginning when Night Crawler is trying to attack the presedent. The background music is the "Dies Irea" which is from Mozart's Requiem. The Requiem was a commission piece. Mozart was sick, but he took the job because be needed the money because he wasnt very smart with the way he spent his money.

The funny thing is that Mozart didnt write most of it. The way he composes is that he has it all down in his head and he will start scetching things out all the way through. Like for one part he will write the violins or the soprano line. Than the next part he will write the bassoon line and he does this for every section. He died before he could finish it. His wife was really worried about not getting paid because it wasn't finished and she needed the money. So she secretly commissioned some of Mozart's students to finish it. The Requiem went through about two of his students before it got to Soussmeir, who Mozart considered his worst student, to actually finish the Requiem. Soussmeir did take some stuff out too, like the Amen section after the Lacrimosa. Soussmeir wrote only a single Amen while Mozart had a fugue. It is really difficult to sing, but it is so pretty. I suggest that at some point in time listen to the Mozart's Requiem. It might be difficult finding a recording of the Requiem with the lost Amen section because it is so new, but it is worth the hunt.

WOW...sorry for the music history lesson there. I just got really excited. But after the Requiem then I am worrying about my half recital and then its finals and then its my sisters wedding and work and next school years projects, senior research project I am focusing on Celtic Music, I will definately have to refine that one quite a bit because i need a better idea of what i want to do besides just celtic music....anways back to what I am doing and then Europe then school again....AHHHHHHH. HAHA. I think I havent gotten enough sleep. I need to get on that. Hope all is doing well.

smile.gif

Happy Birthday To Me!!
Posted by MKOC19 on Dec 19th, 2005 2:10 PM
HAPPY 21st Birthday to me and My boyfriend. Weird. smile.gif

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!