Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,911 Gold!

This is work in progress so we will definitely consider this when tweaking the game. We will re-evaluate this once we build the auction site.

Consider too that it really does not take all that much to get your rating up to 100%. The benefits are 100% resources allocated.

Minimum resource allocation is 25%.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Gamedruid 
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

male

I feel its an unneeded distraction as well.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,659 Gold!

The basic reason for the post rating is to encourage people to participate in the regular forums. Paul, if you intend to keep the game closely tied to Celtic Radio, then the post rating is a fair method of trying to get people more involved in other areas of the site and to join in discussions. If you want to "spin off" the game as a stand alone project, then the post rating is not really appropriate. So my two cents worth is, it depends on where you're going with the game.

Yes, I know my rating is 100%, but there have been times in the past that it was a lot lower. Sometimes I feel like posting, other times I'll go a while and not even show up. Variability is just one facet in the nature of the beast. From that perspective, post ratings could be viewed as just another strategy in the game. Someone could take advantage or not as it suited them.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Sep-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,911 Gold!

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 05-Sep-2008, 05:26 PM)
The basic reason for the post rating is to encourage people to participate in the regular forums. Paul, if you intend to keep the game closely tied to Celtic Radio, then the post rating is a fair method of trying to get people more involved in other areas of the site and to join in discussions. If you want to "spin off" the game as a stand alone project, then the post rating is not really appropriate. So my two cents worth is, it depends on where you're going with the game.

Yes, I know my rating is 100%, but there have been times in the past that it was a lot lower. Sometimes I feel like posting, other times I'll go a while and not even show up. Variability is just one facet in the nature of the beast. From that perspective, post ratings could be viewed as just another strategy in the game. Someone could take advantage or not as it suited them.

Thanks for your feedback and yes, we want to keep this as a way to encourage posting. We are not looking to have this as a stand alone game. I think once we have the homepage up for this game things will be alot clear on what we are trying to accomplish.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
McRoach 
  Posted: 21-Feb-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
844,401 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

It would appear that once again, the more I post the lower my rating becomes. Do the posts made increase ones rating weekly, monthly? I posted more in the last week than in the last 3 months.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
dalhorn 
Posted: 27-Sep-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Posting for the only purpose of getting more gold is the same as writing a long essay to get a better grade. More filler begets more gold so in that theory it defeats the purpose to cut and paste longwinded quotes from say Beowulf?

Then a powerful demon, a prowler through the dark, nursed a hard grievance. It harrowed him to hear the din of the loud banquet every day in the hall, the harp being struck and the clear song of a...

And a young prince must be prudent like that, giving freely while his father lives so that afterwards in age when fighting starts steadfast companions will stand by him and hold the line.

My point exactly. Why post anything if it just inserting filler adds to your rating?

In reality. I do not have the time to post so I don't.
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
Posted: 27-Sep-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
844,401 Gold!

QUOTE (dalhorn @ 27-Sep-2013, 06:50 AM)
Posting for the only purpose of getting more gold is the same as writing a long essay to get a better grade. More filler begets more gold so in that theory it defeats the purpose to cut and paste longwinded quotes from say Beowulf?

Why post anything if it just inserting filler adds to your rating?

In reality. I do not have the time to post so I don't.

It's a good point dalhorn but I know for me personally, the post rating system simply reminds me to check in once in a while. I often find interesting topics being discussed that otherwise, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed.

There will always be scammers out there, just look at the programs run by the U.S. government that are so overly abused... (oops wrong forum for that one) and hey, you did take the time to post in here so I guess the post rating system works to some degree! wink.gif
Squire 
Posted: 08-Jan-2018, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Florida

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #22
519,962 Gold!

I currently have 3 different post ratings, one for Celtic radio and two for the game which one is used and which one is correct?

--------------------
Eternity is only a day away.
Squire 
Posted: 11-Jan-2018, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Florida

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #22
519,962 Gold!

And like the person stated above it seems the more I post the lower my rating????
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Feb-2018, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
224,911 Gold!

Looks like your post rating is currently 100% which is really good. I think part of the problem might be the script updates maybe weekly so it might not have catched everything at once.

Let me know if you still think you are not getting a good post rating.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]