Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Hello,
I am having troubles meditating, I keep having thoughts stop or interupt my meditating. I was just thinking that someone might be able to help me. It is kinda frustrating, as I really don't want to practice any rituals or spells until I can at least get my thoughts under control during meditation since I might upset the apple cart per se. Anyone with any suggestions?
Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

I reposted this in here for you

A meditational trick I found useful was to sit infront of a candle and stare just past the flame. while doing this I envision a silvery kind of bubble surrounding me. this helped quiet my mind and keep me focused, as I progressed I started visualizing Numbers in front of me. When I successfully went from 100 down to zero then I was ready to visualize pictures.

I'm not saying this will be easy or quick, but it is a start and patience is always a good thing. I would suggest that you start meditating for just a few Minutes Morning and evening, consentrait on your breathing. It's a great way to start!

I really hope this helps.

Much Love,
angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Aaediwen 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Try going to someplace peaceful in your mind where the interruptions don't exist, relax, then when you're ready, slowly proceed on to whatever specific (if anything) you're working on =) I know this really nice little glen, at the base of a cliff, with a waterfall streaming over it. Always sunny, the water is always cool and clean =) And if I'm in a noisy environment, then all that noise washes into the waterfall and is swept away. Leaving just me, the stream, the grass, the rocks, the woods, the wildlife, and the sun =)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I use verbal meditation. I chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. It helps focus as well as producing results. You focus on your issues rather than trying to empty your mind of them. The chanting helps develop the wisdom to deal with your problems and achieve your goals. I have tried other forms of meditation, but this works better than the others, for me.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Caelia 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

What used to work for me when I couldn't seem to meditate was to focus on my breathing or heart beat. I don't know why it worked but it did and I am about to try it again smile.gif I have since read that that is how certain Buddhist monks meditate, which can't be a bad sign smile.gif Good luck!

--------------------
But, I am always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished.
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

So I guess you are looking at meditaion as the quiet room, alone with your thoughts sort of thing.

Have you tried the opposite? I mean, doing something really active but clearing your mind of everything. Or doing a project and just focusing on one thing? I think that a total meditaion, clearing your mind of all thoughts is very difficult in this day and age. With so much stimulous everywhere........

My type of meditaion is to sit in our 'room of relaxation' (other wise know as library) with very low lighting or candle light. Make m'self a nice drink, put on some music, normally Mozart, Enya, or the cure... and just sit and 'Veg" for an hour or so. Remember to turn the phone down! wink.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (barddas @ Apr 23 2004, 02:06 PM)
So I guess you are looking at meditaion as the quiet room, alone with your thoughts sort of thing.

Have you tried the opposite? I mean, doing something really active but clearing your mind of everything. Or doing a project and just focusing on one thing? I think that a total meditaion, clearing your mind of all thoughts is very difficult in this day and age. With so much stimulous everywhere........

My type of meditaion is to sit in our 'room of relaxation' (other wise know as library) with very low lighting or candle light. Make m'self a nice drink, put on some music, normally Mozart, Enya, or the cure... and just sit and 'Veg" for an hour or so. Remember to turn the phone down! wink.gif

Yes, I can see that connection =) I too often feel the same when I'm involved in something as I do when I meditate. I remember when I was programming, in the same room as an accountant at my last job... When I'm codeing or writing, I tend to have music going and sometimes I might be cranking Def Leppard or it might be Enya or whatever....

I get into the coding, and it's as of all that exists is the screen, the code, the music, and me. At that point, someone could be hammering in the other room and I probably wouldn't know it. I feel the same way when meditating. All that exists are my thoughts and me, even if there really is something else going on, I probably wouldn't notice it.
I've found myself in this state during several activities:

Chatting
On the job
Programming
Systems Administration
Writing
Reading
Studying
and a dangerous one -- Driving *shiver*
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Sėmeag 
  Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

I always had difficulties with meditation, right up until my 20s, when I did a weekend course, and discovered that physical meditations are easier to start with.

My "in" was a walking meditation. Here's a start: Walking Meditation, Walking Meditation II and so on. Google is a good place to start! wink.gif

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]