BDougher 
Posted: 18-Jun-2005, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: USA

male

Well I leave in 5 days. Looking forward to it. Anyone have any idea what the weather is supposed to like for the next two weeks. Hopefully sunny and in the 70s, unlike Massachusetts where it is wet and in the 60s. Now if I could just get those people that plan to protest the G8 summit in Edinburgh to skip it, i am sure it will be a really great visit. Either that or I will be spending more time in the Highlands taking in the scenery.

--------------------
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
John Wooden
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Jun-2005, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Brian! When you come back, be sure and post your pics in the vacation thread in the Discussion forum! It would be really cool to see your photos! Have a wonderful trip! Can't help you with the weather but maybe Cu Dubh and Iain can though. wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BDougher 
Posted: 19-Jun-2005, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

I just checked the weather report. I am going to have more hot weather here in Mass. then my trip there. I will make sure I pack a little heavier than I want to. Oh well, I have a digital camera with enough batteries and enough memory to capture over 500 pictures. Let's take them all.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Jun-2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

LOL! I have a memory card for 400 pics, but when I get to Scotland I promise you I will have me another memory card for that many as well! wink.gif Have a wonderful trip, Brian! Want to hear all about it!
BDougher 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

Well I am back. Not to my liking though. It was beautiful over there and only rained one day. Got really lucky. After I put some captions on the pictures I will post them.

I will write more later today as I have 14 hundred things to do before I leave again tomorrow.

Brian
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jul-2005, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Welcome back, Brian! Anxious to hear all about your trip and see your photos! Now you gotta rest, eh? You must be exhausted.
BDougher 
Posted: 19-Aug-2005, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

Ok, sorry it is coming so late. Been doing soccer camps and starting a new job in Maine. Here is the link to my pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...d=9AZOGLFy1cuSA

It was great time with only one day of rain and I was inside that whole day. The Bed and Breakfast places are the best. Great people and don't get me started about the breakfast that they served. Though the baked beans thing scared me a bit. I am already planning on my next trip next summer.

Enjoy,

Brian
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Very nice pictures Brian!! I enjoyed looking through them and look forward to going there one day!!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Great, outstanding pictures, Brian. I felt like I was touring Scotland myself! I know it is a real pain to upload all those pics on Shutterfly, but will you be labeling some of the pics that weren't? Did you get to Inverness and Culloden? How far north did you go? Glasgow looks really busy. What was the BOB festival? That War Memorial in Glasgow. What was that in honor of and whom?

Thanks so much Brian! How many days were you there again? Did you feel like you saw a lot? Scotland is so beautiful. Gosh, hopefully I will get there next fall but if I do, hubby may be going home alone! biggrin.gif
valpal59 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thank-you for the pictures. Scotland is so beautiful. I would really love to go there someday.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
starlight_xx 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

Your photos are great! I live & work in Glasgow but its fascinating seeing things I take for granted through someone elses eyes.

Im glad you had a good holiday. I see you visited Largs. I think its one of my favourite places smile.gif

Can you believe I actually know one of the Police Officers in your photo!!! lol

Sandy
PMEmail Poster               
BDougher 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

male

CR,

The BOB pictures were the Battle of Boyne Protestant March. Funny story about that day. I had the choice of 2 jackets to wear into Glasgow, both were Adidas. One was green and the other blue. The blue one won because it was a zipper down. I could just imagine walking and watching the March wearing Green. I don't think I would have made it out alive. Oh the things you learn about other cultures. I did have a good chuckle with the Concierge at the Hotel I was staying at especially when I asked him before leaving if there was anything exciting going on. Also during the March, The Glasgow Jazz Festival was going on. Two very different styles of music that day. As for the War Memorial, it was there to pay respect to all those that have fallen in battle for Scotland.

I had a great 14 days there in Scotland. 3 in Glasgow, 6 in Largs and the rest traveling from Fort Williams to Inverness to Aberdeen to avoiding the G8 Summit and all the idiots that decided to protest one thing or another. I did too much driving but I wanted to see as much as possible. The next trip will be more of stopping and really visiting the sites. I took some of those pictures at 60 miles per hour. Taking my backpack and a good set of walking shoes may be in order next time. I look forward to seeing Scotland again really soon as I am already planning my return next summer. Met a lot of great people and I want to stay in some more B&B places. They are awesome.

Sandy, I have that same problem. I lived in Chicago for a number of years growing up and really only saw the good stuff when friends would come in to visit. It is amazing what I have taken for granted. Almost got that way when I lived outside of Boston, but I made more of an effort to see the Historic places.

Well I am off.

Brian
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks so much Brian for answering my questions. Sounds like you had a really great trip by the sound of it and by your photos. I bet you can't wait to go back.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]