Nara 
Posted: 03-Apr-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

hello all. so sorry to hear about all the tragedy and death. in my work i see it often, but it never fails to make me a little heartsick when someone is taken before their time. i know they are in a better place, though, and with the One who loves us and has a purpose for each of us.

school is winding down for the semester, only three more weeks, thank goodness! and only three more semesters left, also thank goodness! oddly enough, i am anticipating my older kids getting out of school more than i am myself. i miss having them around, and now after spring break i have to get used to it all over again. i'm grateful for my little Jacob. without him the house would be far too quiet during the day.
PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

hi fiona here. I'm new so I'll just have to start somewhere and jump in. I'm saving really hard for another trip to Scotland and Ireland . My husband and I went for a month in2007 and are going again in 2009 I'm finding joining forums and keeping up a myspace page is a very economical way for me to spend my time at the moment. Life has no drama's for me at the moment and is still full of promise.

Now the kids are 21 and 25 we're doin our own thing again , to the person having trouble with the 16 y.o it get's better again . 20 is great and 25 even better. I remember when I was 35 my mom sayed(I'm the youngest) I can really relax now I know ll of you (she had 5 daughter's) are going to be alright !!!

my partner and I are musicians and have a e.p here at CR you can find it in the new releases section
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,530 Gold!

Hello all,
I'm back...I was right... I got to Scotland, I blinked and I was back home again...time just sped by...the band was wonderful as always and the locals really enjoyed their music. I can't begin to describe the scenery, especially in the Highlands. There are no words. I sat here and watched a slide show of the pictures I took and gasped at some of them when they came up. What an unforgettable vacation. Still recovering from jet lag and getting ready to head out for Tartan Day festivities tomorrow. Weather is supposed to cooperate. More later when I don't feel like I was just hit by a truck. LOL
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Gwynhwyvar @ 06-Mar-2008, 07:07 PM)
Siobhan Blues, it's good to see another Georgia girl. MIssed seeing you around here. How are things with your computer connections? I have dial-up too, and it can be real slow at times, but most of the time it does okay for what I do.

Oh I have good news about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gif clap.gif
You know the 'Air Card' people use in their laptop computers so they can get an internet connection away from the office or home? Well we got one for our home computer, hooked that sucker up, and now I have an internet connection speed of 3 Mbps instead of 26 Kbps! Its such an improvement; and our connection doesn't get dropped now either.

Just to show how far out in the country we are, well the air card is like a second cell phone line literally - we only get 2 bars tops on our cell phone, and no signal at all downstairs or out in the pasture. We actually have a little antenna attached to the air card & computer, one like truckers use on their cabs, and the thing hangs from the curtain rod in the upstairs library window! laugh.gif Sure it looks funny but it does the trick.

I'm glad to have a decent connection so now I can visit CR more.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (fionadunbar @ 05-Apr-2008, 02:19 AM)
hi fiona here. I'm new so I'll just have to start somewhere and jump in. I'm saving really hard for another trip to Scotland and Ireland . My husband and I went for a month in2007 and are going again in 2009 I'm finding joining forums and keeping up a myspace page is a very economical way for me to spend my time at the moment. Life has no drama's for me at the moment and is still full of promise.

Now the kids are 21 and 25 we're doin our own thing again , to the person having trouble with the 16 y.o it get's better again . 20 is great and 25 even better. ..I

Hi Fi, welcome to CR!

Okay, sorry about the musical pun... I'm in a cheeky mood! Listen, we've got something in common - kids that are over 20. My 'baby girl' turns 20 on Friday; she eloped last summer & now lives with her husband in Wichita, Kansas where she's a horse trainer and he is stationed at Ft. McConnell AFB. They're very happy. And ya know what? I'M VERY HAPPY TOO 'CAUSE I'VE GOT AN EMPTY NEST!! Our oldest kid is 25 and got married & moved away about 3 years ago. I didn't expect all the tension and stress in the household to literally evaporate but it did... my husband and I are very compatible, we still enjoy each other's company so now its like we're back to the early days when it was just us two.

And we love it! Both kids are so happy it makes easier for us to get on with our lives without worrying about them. The "Empty Nest Syndrome" is the best thing since sliced bread. laugh.gif

Susan in GA
PM               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 08-Apr-2008, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Hello Susan,

LIke I said in an earlier post, welcome back to CR. I have been away for a few days - I have been on FAcebook a lot. I have managed to find a very dear friend that I haven't seen in about 23 years and I found the daughter and a cousin of another very dear friend (no one seems to know what has happened to this friend, even the daughter is looking for her - it's a mystery).
My daughter is 21 today and my "baby" will be 17 in December.
I am on Spring Break this week - we are taking Shannon (daughter) out for her birthday today and do some running around with her.
Gotta go - have a wondeful day.
Jennie

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 10-Apr-2008, 02:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. Its been awhile since I have been around. About a week, I think. To begin with I was sick from allergies. Then our internet went down on Saturday and it wasn't until Wed. that it got fixed. We thought we would at least have the phone card for the laptop and get internet that way. Well... WRONG!!! Something happened with the card or the computer or both either way we couldn't get the internet with either system. Nor would the computers acess the internet with dial up. But now we have the DSL back and hopefully get the other fixed soon.

My daughter with MS was cleared to drive again. So I don't have to take her back and forth to work.

Well I guess I will go.
TTFN
gwenlee
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 10-Apr-2008, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

Glad tosee your daugther is doing so much better. sign of relife smile.gif

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone, it’s been far too long since I have posted on this thread. I always enjoy reading about everyone and what they are up to. I have been really busy on forums and starting to garden as weather permits. Ah, spring is finally here it is suppose to get into the 60's around Sunday/Monday. I hope it’s not a hot summer. They measured 600 inches of snow up around Jackson Hole. That’s a lot. Hopefully we wont be in a drought.

Celtic Rose- I am just now getting around to reading this and responding. I am so sorry you had to go to something like that. I can’t begin to imagine the sorrow.
How did your husbands skin test turn out? That must be a stress! I wish the best for him. How are your dogs doing?

Gwn, I remember one time when I was a child the neighbors father had to run out in the hail to get something I don’t remember what but he grabbed a metal bucket to put on his head to protect it..well needless to say he was deaf for days. Those kind of storms can be so scary. I don’t like wind or lightning.

Gwenlee, glad your internet is up and running again. I know when mine goes down I go nuts. I am glad you don’t have to run your daughter back and forth to work. That would really tire ya out.

Hi SB! I am glad you have a speedy connection. That dial up can get so old waiting for a page to load. I know I couldn’t and wouldn’t do what I do now if it weren’t for DSL cable. I hope I never have to go back to dial up.

Ptw-I hope your getting some relief from your achy body. I know where I broke my arm in a car wreck it really bothers me when it gets cold out. All winter mainly when it’s going to snow it just kills me.

Hi Nara- summer will be here before we know it and the sound of children will once again be in the air. Hopefully people in the neighborhoods will remember to drive slower in residental areas.

Hey there fiona-hope your week went well. Do you have any gigs lined out for the weekend? What’s your weather doing this time of year?

Hi leenie- I am glad to hear your home safe and sound. Vacations always go far to fast. I hope you will be sharing some of your photos. Would love to see them

Hi crazykiltedcelt-how are things going with you?

Hello to everyone hope you have a great weekend!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 12-Apr-2008, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

one more day of spring break and then on towards the last day of school!
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Beannachtaí!

Hope this finds everyone well. Sorry I haven’t been on for a while, when I’m working I’m very busy and on my time off I get out and about in the mountains or maybe go and play some music…for years people used to ask why I never got round to recording an album and I would say I was too busy playing!

We had hurricane winds here in Tassie the week before last, it was awesome. When I lived on the island of Lundy in the Atlantic there were 2 hurricanes there too!

I marvel at all the power of Creation and in a way am moved by the whole event; I’ve just read that and I don’t mean moved like be blown over ha ha!

I’m just having a quick break so I won’t be able to write much more.

Keep well everyone,

All love and peace, Brian x

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. I got the taxes done for another year and it wasn't too bad. What I get back from the state will almost pay the federal. Gee I hate tax time. I wish we would get rid of the IRS. I'm ready for a change have any of you heard of the Fair Tax a book by Neil Boortz and J Linder. It is a great idea. Off that subject and on to better things.

My daughters prom was last night and she had a good time. I hope to get some pictures uploaded into my album. The weather was nice a.nd the girls looked beautiful in there gowns. After the prom the senior girls went to a friends house for a spend the night party. It is so hard to believe that we are so close to graduation.

My son got his acceptance letter to North Georgia College and he will be leaving some time before August. That leaves me with one little birdie in the nest.

Rindy the weather around here has been so crazy that it is hard to judge when to plant. They are calling for a heavy frost. I have seedlings that have sprouted I just hope we can plant soon. You are right about not having a computer. I found that I am on it more than I thought. I missed it.

Well I have to work tonight. The rest of the week will be in classes. Oh joy.

Everyone take care.

gwenlee
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Happy Monday to everyone!

It's COLD here, its supposed to frost tonight - dang it, we've got blueberry bushes covered in buds and will have to protect them tonight so they don't get ruined. Last year a late frost robbed us of all but 6 berries and this year I want some BERRIES, doggone it, enough for a pie! Where we live now we actually have wild huckleberries (okay, who is having a Tombstone flash here: Val Kilmer saying "I'll be yer little huckleberry"!) and the tiny bushes are covered up in buds too. They must be tough, they didn't get hurt last year so good luck to 'em this time. No pies from them, sorry, it would take a gazillion berries from one pie... and actually last year the bunnies & critters ate most of them. We sampled a berry or two & found them quite sweet, no wonder the animals love them so.

I feel like I accomplished something good over the weekend: I finished a big pastel drawing. That sucker is 32" x 40", the size of a sheet of matboard, and it took over 3 years to complete! We did move during that time, so it got packed up for about a year and a half, but it really is time-consuming to work on something that size. What a relief to be done. It is a scene from England, a farm in Old Basing which is located west of London. Friends took me to see this historic area where some important battle took place and in our walking I spotted this beautiful scene & knew then I wanted to draw it. The barn is brick, and so old it actually had tall narrow slots where it could be defended by archers from inside. Oooh, that old brick is gorgeous! If I can get a good photo I'll post it here.

Its nice to be amongst friends here again. See y'all later, and I'm glad to be back!

SB
PM               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 15-Apr-2008, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Got really cold last night (upper 20's) and is supposed to be cold again tonight, maybe a frost. But overall I am so ready for spring. I actually may get my lazy butt outside to do some work... biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 15-Apr-2008, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

We are suppose to hit the 70's today and tomorrow but the wind is so strong its still a bit nippy out there. In other news our granddaughter Rowen's other grandparent just got a part as an extra in new Dillinger movie that is filming here in wisconsin. Its stars a certain pirate captain we all know and I guess he gets to meet him.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]