Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,094 Gold!

Here is a little Site update.

We continue to work on a number of "behind the scenes" projects that is pretty much taking up all of our time.

The first major project that will be released soon is "Celtic Radio Gifts". This is a complete estore integrated into our site. We are testing it out and hopefully within a week or two it will go live.

Another project we are working on is to increase our Graphic Artistry! This includes learning new skills, creating some beautiful Celtic graphics and obtaining royalty free graphics for our site and products we plan to offer in our online store.

Other projects: Webhosting (the real mccoy!), increased advertiser tools and products, lots of little tweaks.

We may not be as available the next few months as we really try to complete alot of stuff. If we do not respond right away, understand that we are not ignoring you, but you will receive a reply eventually! smile.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Yeah, yeah...you just don't love us. ::sniff::

...kidding!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,094 Gold!

QUOTE (Sekhmet @ 16-Oct-2004, 06:29 PM)
Yeah, yeah...you just don't love us. ::sniff::

...kidding!

I have to say I am sooooo looking forward to finishing what I set out to do. The programming and developing is very time consuming and I have been steadily devoting about 6-24 hours a week for the past year on the site and broadcast. Getting very close to finishing up the vision for the site.

I can't wait until I have more time to spend on here getting to know everybody, doing some fun stuff in my life and in 2005 I am going to spend most of my computer time creating Celtic products for the estore and in designing Celtic graphics. I really want to learn how to make Celtic Knot graphics by hand. Of course, more time for the music, reviews and in contacting newspapers to try and get them to publish an article on CelticRadio.net smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Snoogans 
Posted: 16-Oct-2004, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

Sounds cool.
Hey Mac, ye shold come ower tae Scotland tae learn aboot celtic drawin by haun.
Seein ma avatar (mah belt buckle) got me interestit in celtic designs since ah made a stencil ay it (enlarged oan a photocopier) tae pent oan a LARP shield ah wiz makin. Onyhow, Ah went thrugh a load ay books a designs and stuff. Could pass oan the stuff I got.
PMEmail Poster                
Aaediwen 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Some basic Knot instruction can be found rather quickly online. I've been thinking to try and learn it myself...

http://www.thinkythings.org/knotwork/knotwork.html

http://www.entrelacs.net/

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 04:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,094 Gold!

QUOTE (Snoogans @ 16-Oct-2004, 08:08 PM)
Sounds cool.
Hey Mac, ye shold come ower tae Scotland tae learn aboot celtic drawin by haun.
Seein ma avatar (mah belt buckle) got me interestit in celtic designs since ah made a stencil ay it (enlarged oan a photocopier) tae pent oan a LARP shield ah wiz makin. Onyhow, Ah went thrugh a load ay books a designs and stuff. Could pass oan the stuff I got.

Would love to come over to Scotland! Someday I will.

Beautiful buckle. Just got a few books on Celtic designs. What is strange is some of these websites claiming their Celtic designs are copyrighted, and then you find the same exact design in a royalty free book that says these designs where created thousands of years ago.

Oh well, go figure!
Avonlea22 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Looking forward to all the new goodies. It's hard to imagine that this place could get much better than it already is!

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,089 Gold!

Mac, I swear, I just stand in awe of what you and a few other really talented folks do. You not only have the talent but also the drive and the vision to do all this.

You might want to check out some of the designs that Urian has been showing in Celtic Hearts. He's learning to do amazing stuff with photo shop.

Anyway, you and your "crew" (read, long suffering wife wink.gif ) have my thanks and my admiration. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Taliesin 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 17-Oct-2004, 03:31 AM)
Just got a few books on Celtic designs. What is strange is some of these websites claiming their Celtic designs are copyrighted, and then you find the same exact design in a royalty free book that says these designs where created thousands of years ago.

Oh well, go figure!

Well, I don't know if you're looking at my site specifically, but the reason I claim ownership of the designs I created are only because I actually designed all of them from scratch. And then I photoshopped them up to look nice. smile.gif (Actually, since I spent all night working on the basic design, I have since found that I really messed them up, but it's more work to go fix them than I have time for.) smile.gif

So if there are any of the same designs from hundreds of years ago, they are coincidence. But I guarantee you that Celts of old did not design as I did. It wasn't their style.

See, if someone has just done some black and white knotwork designs and tried to copyright those, then that's ridiculous. But what I think some people are trying to copyright is the particular implementation of their knotwork that they created, and I see nothing wrong with that.

If someone comes up with an awesome rendition of the standard trinity knot, then there's no reason they cannot claim ownership of their rendition.

Anyway, Macfive, you have a wonderful site and wonderful station. Every time I come here, I am awed by the simple, clean design of the site. Having written my own site, I know for a fact that yours is not simple code-wise, but the design is, and that is why it is brilliant. Good job, and I look forward to the developments coming int he future.

-Chris

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,094 Gold!

QUOTE (sir_tal @ 17-Oct-2004, 01:36 PM)
Well, I don't know if you're looking at my site specifically, but the reason I claim ownership of the designs I created are only because I actually designed all of them from scratch. And then I photoshopped them up to look nice. smile.gif (Actually, since I spent all night working on the basic design, I have since found that I really messed them up, but it's more work to go fix them than I have time for.) smile.gif

Wow, just checked out your site. Love those Celtic knots!! And no, I was not referring to your site.

Since I will be selling TShirts soon, I have been very mindful that the designs I make for Tshirts can not be owned by copyright.

So, this one collecton I purchased, which is royalty free, contained a design that I found on another site which is claimed by the owner of that site as copyrighted. Its just a different color. The thing is, he is selling it as part of a collection. The two companies are not related.

Perhaps it is a design that is in the public domain, but since he spruced it up with some different colors it is copyrighted?

Well, excellent work on those Celtic Knots!
Taliesin 
Posted: 17-Oct-2004, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

Well, thank you, sir.

Would love to see some knotwork designs on T-Shirts! And I would like to say again that your site is fantastic! Every time I come here, I am impressed by one thing or another. Thank you for running such a spectacular site.

-Chris
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]