> What If Church Were Run Like Aa?
John Clements 
Posted: 07-Mar-2006, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Hey Siobhan Blues, thank you for the kind heart felt words. I do appreciate them, but believe me. I don’t think there is any reason for concern, because even if there is a God. I already know what he going to say, when he looks at my rap sheet. Which is, hey, you know what? That guy John was a good man.
As to reading scripture, I’ll take that into advisement, but even if I don’t. I’m truly not concern either, because I’m more concerns about what I leave behind, rather than where I’m going. Which, I guess is just about the same thing, isn’t it? Anyway, I think we all have the potential of becoming God’s, in one way or another.

Yours truly,
John Clements

PS: Did any of what I just said, make any sense?

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 07-Mar-2006, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Hey Elspeth, in spite of our differences, if there’s one thing I think I can have faith in. It’s that you’ll pray for me, and for that I thank you, even if I don’t think it will make a difference.

By the way, you can call me Johnny if you like.
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 07-Mar-2006, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Sure thing Johnny! smile.gif

But don't be so sure it won't make a difference. wink.gif

People have been praying for me, and even though I dont' quite understand why it makes a difference, it's almost scary how much of a difference it can make. Very humbling.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 08-Mar-2006, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 07-Mar-2006, 01:26 PM)
Hey Siobhan Blues, thank you for the kind heart felt words. I do appreciate them, but believe me. I don’t think there is any reason for concern, because even if there is a God. I already know what he going to say, when he looks at my rap sheet. Which is, hey, you know what? That guy John was a good man.
As to reading scripture, I’ll take that into advisement, but even if I don’t. I’m truly not concern either, because I’m more concerns about what I leave behind, rather than where I’m going...

PS: Did any of what I just said, make any sense?

biggrin.gif Hey man, it made fine sense! You've been able to tell then that my own words were sent with a sincere concern. I've just found this great thing, and I want everybody else to taste and see too...

Let me just give you one more reason for checking out scripture - especially what Jesus had to say: it changes your life NOW, it can open doors and release us from negative hangups that limit our happiness... Its been of such value to me in helping me cut loose of things like a weak self-image and the fear of failure, and too much concern over what society says is right or cool. Jesus is very clear on what really matters, what the really important concerns are in life: living life to its fullest, trusting Him to be there for us & to lead and guide, lending a helping hand to those around us, and finding our way in this complex messed-up world we're living in.
Christ teaches that we each are of such value, He actually died on our behalf so that we may be with Him in paradise when we die. But Christ also teaches that we can have full happy lives right now, right here - the Christians focus isn't so much on an afterlife but on the here and now.

Mmm, this is really my 'happy place' thinking of what a difference Christ has made to me!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]