Richard Bercot 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

I have been using Microsoft Internet Explorer for my access into Celtic Radio. My Wife had heard that Explorer does not play nicely with my Road Runner Account and that we should set up Netscape, which did move faster thoughout the different Sites.

After she set it up, I tried to get into here and everything was a jumbled up and I could not even see the first page of a couple of the Forums. Some of them I could but General Discussion and Celtic Hearts, I could not enter. After that fiasco, I went back to using the Explorer just for here.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Microsoft Internet Explorer may not be perfect,but I am very happy with it and what I use to access this site and the live 365 and I have no problems.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
mingkee 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

I am no longer using Netscape
I use Mozilla instead
it has better popup control, which is very helpful w/live365
on the email side, the security is far superior than OE

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I use Mozilla myself, and Although I have no problems that render any part of the site unusable, I have seen some artifacts in the forums exposing a fair ammount of code in the displayed pages, the PM links don't work, and some of the table spacings are completely out of whack. I don't blame this on the browser, as I didn't use to have these problems with CRN before and I have seen them nowhere else. I'll copy some of what I see above where I am typing this for Paul's refrence:
CODE

0) { message = "Post: The maximum allowed length is " + MessageMax + " characters."; } else { message = ""; } alert(message + " So far, you have used " + MessageLength + " characters."); } function ValidateForm(isMsg) { MessageLength = document.REPLIER.Post.value.length; errors = ""; if (isMsg == 1) { if (document.REPLIER.msg_title.value.length < 2) { errors = "You must enter a message title"; } } if (MessageLength < 2) { errors = "You must enter a message to post!"; } if (MessageMax !=0) { if (MessageLength > MessageMax) { errors = "The maximum allowed length is " + MessageMax + " characters. Current Characters: " + MessageLength; } } if (errors != "" && Override == "") { alert(errors); return false; } else { document.REPLIER.submit.disabled = true; return true; } } // Countdown Stuff var text_enter_date = "Please enter the date: Day, Month, Year (example: 02,03,2004)"; var text_enter_reason = "Please enter the reason for the countdown. This is optional."; var text_enter_flags = "Please enter optional flags, D=Days, H=Hours, M=Minutes D=Only days are shown, DH=Days and Hours, Leave blank for default!"; var error_no_date = "You must enter a date!"; var help_countdown = "Initiate a Countdown"; // IBC Code stuff var text_enter_url = "Enter the complete URL for the hyperlink"; var text_enter_url_name = "Enter the title of the webpage"; var text_enter_image = "Enter the complete URL for the image"; var text_enter_email = "Enter the email address"; var text_enter_flash = "Enter the URL to the Flash movie."; var text_code = "Usage: [CODE] Your Code Here..
"; var text_quote = "Usage:
Your Quote Here..
"; var error_no_url = "You must enter a URL"; var error_no_title = "You must enter a title"; var error_no_email = "You must enter an email address"; var error_no_width = "You must enter a width"; var error_no_height = "You must enter a height"; var prompt_start = "Enter the text to be formatted"; var help_bold = "Insert Bold Text (alt + cool.gif"; var help_italic = "Insert Italic Text (alt + i)"; var help_under = "Insert Underlined Text (alt + u)"; var help_font = "Insert Font Face tags"; var help_size = "Insert Font Size tags"; var help_color = "Insert Font Color tags"; var help_close = "Close all open tags"; var help_url = "Insert Hyperlink (alt+ h)"; var help_img = "Image (alt + g) user posted image"; var help_email = "Insert Email Address (alt + e)"; var help_quote = "Insert Quoted Text (alt + q)"; var help_list = "Create a list (alt + l)"; var help_code = "Insert Monotype Text (alt + p)"; var help_click_close = "Click button again to close"; var list_prompt = "Enter a list item. Click 'cancel' or leave blank to end the list"; //-->

[/CODE]

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Yep, mine looks something like that. I am just going to stay away from it.

Things are alot simpler again using the Internet Explorer. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
mingkee 
Posted: 10-Mar-2004, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

yes
it happens on mine too
I am using mozilla 1.5 official
it didn't happen b4 the station being shutdown due to copyright issue
on the other side, I am pretty happy it has good popup control
no more annoying popups thumbs_up.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
246,278 Gold!

CelticRadio.net has been designed using I.E. 5.5+ and Windows. I know that on other browsers and platforms the site does not render properly. There really is not much I can do about it right now. To go back and make it cross browser/platform friendly would take time away from actually completing the major scripts of the site. So as of right now I only support I.E. 5.5+. Once the site is completed and we start producing content I have promised to go back and make it work for all browsers and platforms. This would be included possibly in a site redesign. Just a note, any site redesigns would only take a few weeks because the internal programming and database would not change, only the presentation (look).

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Netscape kind of upset me anyhow so I went back to the Explorer. It seems that Netscape was taking over my computer and I could not get into anything without going to go through Netscape first. censored.gif

I have no Idea how long it will take me to totally get rid of it but I would not recommend it to anyone. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Richard. Thanks for the warning!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
mingkee 
  Posted: 12-Mar-2004, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I am so sad about that
EvansRoss 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: La Mesa, CA

male

Internet Explorer is like the Anglo-Saxons and Mozilla is like the Celts, Superior. javascript:emoticon('B)')
javascript:emoticon('B)')

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Clan Ross ||| Love Kate ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Science Fiction ||| Filksinger
PMEmail Poster               
WyvernSpirit 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

male

I use Firefox on win98 @ work and Safari on MacOS X @ home. I get slightly better results from the Safari for now. I do not touch IE unless I absolutely have to as I don't like dealing with viruses. (IE is the only virus on my mac, used in a crunch wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AK-Mal 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

I'd like to note that Netscrape is not Mozilla. I've used them all. My pref is for FireFox, it's simple, light weight, and quick with the rendering. Not to mention popup blocking control.

TG
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Firebird never did convince me to switch from the Mozilla 1.5a package I use here. I built FireFox yesterday, but when I launched it, it wasn't the stripped down browser-only app I expected! I found Mozilla 1.6. This is all fine and dandy, I like Mozilla, and it is an upgrade. But I'm looking for something a little more significant. I'm staying with 1.5 for now, and will try Firefox again this weekend perhaps. If I can get it and Thunderbird working well together, then I may well switch. Results pending. Think that'll be my next project. Or maybe I should try Evolution if I want to change mail clients... I dunno. Using Mozilla 1.5 for mail and primary web atm (links and links -g for small stuff in Linux, and firebird or myie2 in Windows) I also need to rewrite my dirty little POP3 client for Windows access to my mail... although it has been over 2 weeks or more since I've run Windows.

lunatic@lugh: ~#uptime
20:23:57 up 12 days, 14:46, 6 users, load average: 0.14, 0.14, 0.15
lunatic@lugh: ~#
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
mingkee 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

somebody may overlook this
mozilla has excellent mail filter function and option
even I can build "White List" to kick ALL spam once
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]