> Aloha From Hawaii, The BIG ISLAND!, greetings- new to site
LadyMaire 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

female

It is lovely to be able to hear such great Celtic Music as there is little to be found in the Hawaiian islands. The island music is great, too.. but doesn't have the same effect on my heart. My husband, son and I live on the Big Island, near Hilo and are organic farmers on a small scale working toward self-sufficiency. We live totally off-grid, and music is so important to us. I am learning to play the lap harp, my husband plays guitar, baritone ukulele, penny whistle, long whistle and Native American flutes. My son plays ukulele, Native flute and penny whistle. We live in the midst of an ancient (for this newly born land) o'hia forest, surrounded by ferns, birds and lots of volcanic rock.
our website: My Webpage
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Sounds like you've got the makings for a good old fashioned ceilidh. Invite the friends, and give one set of islands a proper introduction to another smile.gif

Welcome aboard!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello and welcome LadyMaire!

We're so glad you (and hopefully your husband and son) can enjoy great Celtic music from where you are! Not only is the music great, but so are the people you'll meet here. The forums are very interesting too - many and varied - something for nearly everyone, I reckon!

I am very familiar with the area you live in, having lived in Kailua-Kona and Waimea for a year. My wife and I used to get over to Hilo's botanical gardens to walk around after we got off work when it wasn't too hot wink.gif

When we were there in the early '90's, Kilauea's Pu'u O'o was acting up and putting ash out like crazy - more than 90 miles south of where we were, but some days were very hazy and the air quality wasn't that good. I haven't heard of any real problems like that recently, so perhaps it's getting better?

Anyway, I wish you the best in your farming and also hope you enjoy the music! I look forward to getting to know you and read your future posts!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hello and Welcome! Sounds like a beautiful place to live!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello and welcome to the Celtic Radio forum. I see your enjoying the music as much as I do. My brother lived in Hawaii for a long time. It's such a beautiful place. I am so glad that you have found us. I look forward to you posting.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Jun-2007, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,938 Gold!

Welcome from Hawaii!

Took a look at your myspace profile. Very interesting - thanks for sharing that!

Welcome to Celtic Radio and glad you are now part of our little big community! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 09-Jun-2007, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hi Lady Marie, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! Glad you found this place. I also play the Native American Flute, but I don't think the great R. Carlos Nakai has anything to worry about from me as competition biggrin.gif ! Fun to play, though.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]