Posted: 13-Jul-2005, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I was surprise to see no post about it .The new book will be release the 16 of this month, well at least here in my small province and the book is only available in english for the moment.I think the french version will be release in november close from the moment when the movie will appear.It will be a very good time just before christmas.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
MKOC19 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

female

I am quite a bit excited about the book. It is an enthralling series and it will be interesting to see what will happen next in the "Wizarding World."

bye1.gif Mary
PMEmail Poster                
bigjimhainey 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: South Mississippi

male

Yeah baby, ive already told my boss id be late for work saturday cuz i had to go pick up my book. I know the series is supposed to be for kids, and i did buy it for my son, but i cant have a book around and not eventually pick it up and try to read it. And then i was off and have now read all of them at least twice. Eagerly awaiting this latest one. hurry up saturday drool.gif

--------------------
ERIN GO BRAGH

Beware the Celtic Storm

Big Jim Hainey
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 14-Jul-2005, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Let's see - so far this is the situation in my household. My significant other works at a large bookstore which is having a Harry Potter party beginning at 9pm on Friday night. I am taking two of my teens that night, along with two of their friends. We have to get there at 7pm to get tickets for our number in line, then we'll come back at 9pm when the festivities begin. I'll be getting a copy of the book for myself, too, because I finally began reading the books last year. I've been a die-hard Tolkien fan with no room for any "young whippersnapper" to come along and try to move in with a fantasy series that tries to usurp my favourite author but I finally decided to give Rowling a shot to prove herself. So, I will say that I've been pleased with her novels and, whereas before I'd been highly indignant at the fact that Harry Potter came along and tried to lay claim to my birthday (after all, it was mine first!), now I truly don't mine sharing it with him, and JK. tongue.gif

Now, back to my poor baby who has to work on Friday - he goes in at 1pm and gets off at 1am. So, when we all get home, I'm sure I'm going to dive right into the book and he's going to collapse. Poor thing. I'm just glad there's a very large parking lot at his store.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 25-Jul-2005, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 14-Jul-2005, 09:57 PM)
I've been a die-hard Tolkien fan with no room for any "young whippersnapper" to come along and try to move in with a fantasy series that tries to usurp my favourite author but I finally decided to give Rowling a shot to prove herself.

I'm a die-hard Tolkien devotee too! He's the best of the best, the master of the craft as far as I'm concerned. Nobody else compares, IHMO.

But the Potter books are a good read on their own, aren't they?! They're not literature like JRR's books, but they're good stories. I'm enjoying the 'Half-Blood Prince' very much!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 27-Jul-2005, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

"Wednesday's child is full of woe..."
I was born on a Wednesday, and on this Wed. I am quite full of woe. I've just finished reading 'The Half-Blood Prince' and am very sad, very sad indeed.

So many loose ends tied up, so many unresolved mysteries and puzzles so well explained - what a delightful read the book was! But the ending, my goodness... I didn't expect that at all...

a sad Siobhan
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt