Posted: 04-Apr-2006, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

...as promised for those who wanted a new "pirate" song...

MODERN PIRATES beer_mug.gif

We sail Inner Harbor, the Delaware Bay,
the Hudson, the Schuylkill, the tip of Cape May.
Brandishing glasses and tankards galore,
in search of the barleyjuice up on the shore.

And it's toast to the lassies, and drink to the lads,
remember the women and song that we had.
We'll fill up our glasses and empty the kegs,
then had out for more on what's left of our legs.

We'll stagger on in to the pubs and the bars,
foresaking our vessels for domestic cars.
Insulting the strong, and exulting the weak,
‘til were too drunk to fight and too tired to speak.

We trade Dublin for Philly, and York for New York
As long as there’s Whiskey we’ll sure take the work.
We won’t bring the muskets, we won’t cause the pain,
But we’re good for some headaches, and tough to clean stains.

then had out for more on what's left of our...
...toast to the lassies, and drink to the lads,

J.Parkinson - "Pog Mo Tunes" Publishing 2006
~available on the CD "6 Yanks" by Barleyjuice~

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 04-Apr-2006, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

And, pray tell, exactly where is this "6 Yanks" album?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 04-Apr-2006, 01:00 PM)
And, pray tell, exactly where is this "6 Yanks" album?

Officer... Sir... um... well...

It's NOW available at the Barleyjuice website! Just click on the "Barley Store" link, and voila!!!

Better yet, since we're travelling all over the place now, how about showing-up and haing a point and a CD with us?

For those in the CelticRadio homebase area... we're playing in the Boston general viscinity this summer/fall.

In 2007... look for us in Alaska and Scotland! Oh yah... we'll be playing within those larger confines too. wink.gif
stevenpd 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Oh yeah! The album's great!

But in checking with Barleyjuice's schedule it looks like you don't have much time for the Florida keys in October.
ballydun 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I wish you would come this way and play! New Mexico is so far off the beaten path that we don't get enough live Celtic music. I must get a t-shirt however...the are the coolest!
thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 18-May-2006, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

The WEST coast mon, ye DO ken thar be a WEST coast dinye? Ye jist head out o' town as the sun gaes doon and try ta catch it. Af ye dinna TURN right or left ye com tae a WHOLE nother part o' the country. And people LIVE there! Really! Real live people jist waitin' tae buy ye a pint or 6 and listen tae yer music! The WEST coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 19-May-2006, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I have heard one song Misty Morning Miss'd can't wait to hear the rest.. I will be adding this to my collection...

Dogshirt LOL.....3 Cheers for the WEST!!!!! cheers.gif

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

We'll be heading for Chicago pretty soon for a brief tour. IF we make it past the borders of Illinois... we'll see just how far west we can go before we hit trouble. biggrin.gif

Personally, I would LOVE to play the western side of the continent. We're getting substantial airplay in Seattle, and I think they deserve some "thanks". It's pretty close to Alaska, right? Don't you just roll downhill to get there?

If promoters can jet us to Alaska and Europe, I would think they would be willing to catapult us over to California and the surrounding states. That could be a welcome Winter tour since we're in kilts!!!
dundee 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

jimmy....

i have at least one pub i can give you the name of up here in south east wisconsin... its about an hour from chicago...i am pretty sure you could get in (if schedules jived) they have had the likes of the "fenians" there several times. send me a pm if you are intrested and i will send ya the name.

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
sisterknight 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

i guess coming north is also out of the question, is it???montreal has some really good concert venues and there are lots of wild irish,scottish and just plain nutty people here that i know would absolutely love you!!as well as all the good pubs and bars!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Jimmy,

Southern Calif might work for a winter tour, but Central Washington, just 100 miles east of Seattle, can see -20 to -48 degrees. But yes, you almost HAVE to go through Seattle to go to Alaska. Stop and stay a few days.

beer_mug.gif
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Dundee and SisterKnight, I can't tell you the last time we played at a Pub... other than to get up and play an acoustic round for the patrons to join-in and sing along for a few minutes.

Honestly, if you have places that would be of interest, they can contact us at the website (www.barleyjuice.com) to inquire. It's nice to be able to hang back and accept or decline offers now. The nights of playing in pubs from 10 to 2 in Philadelphia are gone (thank the Lord).

Trust me... we like to travel. We're playing in New England more this year than we are in our own hometown!

I can attribute much of the success of the band to the friends and loyal listeners here at CelticRadio.net. MacFive has been nothing short of wonderful with the backing... and we know it. That's why I wear the HighlandRadio shirts as often as possible. Hell, I was a member here before I was with Barleyjuice! I was still making kilts at my store, and playing CelticRadio in the shop!

Anytime a member of this community has a request, it goes to the head of the line in my book! beer_mug.gif
stevenpd 
Posted: 24-May-2006, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

We have a few here in SoCal like the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano, the Glaxay Theater in Santa Ana, the Crazy Horse in Irvine, Grove theater in Anaheim, House of Blues in Hollywood & Anaheim, the Whiskey in Hollywood, Troubador in Hollywood, and then there is San Diego.
Senara 
Posted: 24-May-2006, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (Jimmy Carbomb @ 23-May-2006, 10:59 PM)
Dundee and SisterKnight, I can't tell you the last time we played at a Pub... other than to get up and play an acoustic round for the patrons to join-in and sing along for a few minutes.

Honestly, if you have places that would be of interest, they can contact us at the website (www.barleyjuice.com) to inquire. It's nice to be able to hang back and accept or decline offers now. The nights of playing in pubs from 10 to 2 in Philadelphia are gone (thank the Lord).

Trust me... we like to travel. We're playing in New England more this year than we are in our own hometown!

I can attribute much of the success of the band to the friends and loyal listeners here at CelticRadio.net. MacFive has been nothing short of wonderful with the backing... and we know it. That's why I wear the HighlandRadio shirts as often as possible. Hell, I was a member here before I was with Barleyjuice! I was still making kilts at my store, and playing CelticRadio in the shop!

Anytime a member of this community has a request, it goes to the head of the line in my book! beer_mug.gif

Maybe there's some way to get you to play "The Rave" in Milwaukee (aka Eagles Ballroom), or maybe even Shank Hall. Some modest sized venues without going as extreme as the Milwaukee Theatre or the Arena.

Afriad I don't know anyone that works in booking either of those venues but maybe you can send them a press kit saying you'd be in the area and would be interested in their facilities if they have some openings.

There's quite a few city Performing Art Centers in the area too. I know Cedarburg just built a new one (it's about 6 years old) and they've already had the likes of Gaelic Storm and Altan as well as the Doobie Brothers playing there.

I'm sure there's some similar venues on Dundee's end of town.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 24-May-2006, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Senara @ 24-May-2006, 01:53 PM)

Maybe there's some way to get you to play "The Rave" in Milwaukee (aka Eagles Ballroom), or maybe even Shank Hall.  Some modest sized venues without going as extreme as the Milwaukee Theatre or the Arena.

Afriad I don't know anyone that works in booking either of those venues but maybe you can send them a press kit saying you'd be in the area and would be interested in their facilities if they have some openings.

There's quite a few city Performing Art Centers in the area too.  I know Cedarburg just built a new one (it's about 6 years old) and they've already had the likes of Gaelic Storm and Altan as well as the Doobie Brothers playing there. 

I'm sure there's some similar venues on Dundee's end of town.

nice thinking senera.... thumbs_up.gif

but "shank" only holds 300... and "eagles ballroom" i think would be to big at 4000. (dylan played there. and by the way today is bobby's birthday) i just saw gaelic storm in november at parkside in kenosha (not sure of the capacityi think about 700)... that would be a nice venue. but i wonder if they are known enough around here to fill it.

i just thought that seeing as they were in the area i could talk to my friend that owns this rather large pub. (he has had "the fenian's" and "brother"a few times) and they could ad a buck or two to their coffers. i guess we will just have to wait to see if they ever get booked at irish fest. by the way jimmy i couldnt find your chicago gigs on your schedule when are they? a road trip might be in order.

oh senera here is a bit of trivia for ya.... did you know they got the name "shank hall"
from the movie "this is spinal tap"??? note.gif beer_mug.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]