Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Emmet's Bangers & Champ in Guinness Gravy

Champ:
Quarter red potatoes and boil, skin & all, in salt water.
Dice a bunch of scallions/green onions and stir into some milk in a saucepot. Heat it on low and keep it stirred so it doesn't stick & burn.
When the potatoes are done but still firm (poke with fork); pour off the water. Put them back on the hot stove for a minute, chuffing them to evaporate the last of the water. Pour in the onions & milk, and mash up with a hand masher, just until mashed; too much and they get pastey...it's OK if they're still a little chunky, and you should see plenty of green, and smell the onions.

Bangers:
Fry up some of your favorite sausages (Alternatively, roll them up in pastry dough and bake them until golden; about 30 minutes at 350 degrees).

Guinness Gravy:
butter (not margarine)
2 large onions, peeled and finely diced (I like Vidalias myself)
1 cup beef stock (preferably the real thing from a roast; not that thin pitiful stuff from a can)
2 tsp flour
1 cup Guinness
1 tbsp malt vinegar & some salt & pepper, to taste

Heat the butter in a frying pan, and when it has melted add the onions. Stir and cook SLOWLY over a low heat for 25-30 minutes until they are completely soft and quite brown (the lower and slower, the more they caramelize and the sweeter they get).
Meanwhile bring the stock to a boil and boil down until the volume is reduced by half, stirring occasionally. Stir the flour into the onions and cook for a minute, and then add the stock and the Guinness (if you want garlic, add it just before the liquid, stirring just until you can smell it). Stir for a minute or two then turn down low and leave to simmer. If it gets too thick, cut with more beer.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
sisterknight 
Posted: 12-Apr-2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

yummy!!!when i saw bangers i thought there might be some mash involved!! wink.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt