coastman 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Wow! This is a Mother's Day that I will not soon forget. Georgia's coast was hit by a tornado on Sunday morning. One of the local marinas was hit and many boats were sunk. Blackbeard Sailing School had its sailboats moved from their moorings to the other side of the river. Our local EMS station was completely destroyed along with 3 ambulances and 1 fire truck. My house was only pelted by nickel size hail. The community of Darien was heavily damaged. Check out www.wtoc.com and check out the damage. We are all safe.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (coastman @ 13-May-2008, 03:48 PM)
Wow! This is a Mother's Day that I will not soon forget. Georgia's coast was hit by a tornado on Sunday morning. One of the local marinas was hit and many boats were sunk. Blackbeard Sailing School had its sailboats moved from their moorings to the other side of the river. Our local EMS station was completely destroyed along with 3 ambulances and 1 fire truck. My house was only pelted by nickel size hail. The community of Darien was heavily damaged. Check out www.wtoc.com and check out the damage. We are all safe.

A tornado has got to be the scariest thing, right up there with an earthquake.
I think I’ll pass on both.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 13-May-2008, 11:37 AM)
A tornado has got to be the scariest thing, right up there with an earthquake.
I think I’ll pass on both.

Good idea! I have seen numerous tornado's, a few minor earth quakes and two hurricanes. Mother nature can get nasty

Slàinte,    

Patch  
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 13-May-2008, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,361 Gold!

QUOTE (coastman @ 13-May-2008, 04:48 PM)

Coastman, we got some tornados from the same storm up here in NC. Many places had hail; one place (I think it was Bertie County) had 4 1/4 inch hail! That's as big as a grapefruit! I'm glad I didn't get caught in that. Most of the hail around my area was golf ball size, some up to tennis ball size. Fortunately, only minor injuries, even from the one that was an EF 3.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 20-May-2008, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

coastman,I am so glad everyone is ok. Glad your ok too..TheCarolinaScotsman.I agree with JC I will pass on both plus the huge hail.

I watched a few nasty dirt devils right in front of my car traveling this weekend. A biker was in front of me and the girl on the back was in a tank top and all I can say is OUCH...the dirt was whirling pretty bad. They kept their bike up ok and it moved on took off a big sign on a building. But it dropped right after it took it off. Scary stuff was bad enough in a car...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I remember one in the 60's that happened on Palam Sunday here in Michigan. My Dad worked for the country and my mom at the hospital both got called out before the storm hit. I couldn't find my brother and was at home by myself. Some guys that I knew stopped by to make sure we were alright ,but there I was . They took it upon themselfs to become my babysitters and off we went,we followed it. I seen things that I don't ever want to see again. It went out where my mother was born and family still lived,barns blowing up, cows flying, tractors rolling over, a water spout over Coldwater Lake,seen three houses in a row and it took the one out of the middle. They had National Gruad in for about a week no one in or out for that time orders to shot to kill. My aunts and uncles fram got hit but not real bad but my grandmothers house was a loss all family members came out with their lives,so thank god for that.

Now back home when I got there well lets just my dad wasn't very happy and my friend Tom was told if he ever did anything like that again he would become his father and we all knew what that meant. My brother was two houses down from ours and Mom didn't come home for two days and the stories she had of people that they had at the hospital.

like I said I don't want to see anything like that again.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 21-May-2008, 06:47 AM)
I remember one in the 60's that happened on Palam Sunday here in Michigan. My Dad worked for the country and my mom at the hospital both got called out before the storm hit. I couldn't find my brother and was at home by myself. Some guys that I knew stopped by to make sure we were alright ,but there I was . They took it upon themselfs to become my babysitters and off we went,we followed it. I seen things that I don't ever want to see again. It went out where my mother was born and family still lived,barns blowing up, cows flying, tractors rolling over, a water spout over Coldwater Lake,seen three houses in a row and it took the one out of the middle. They had National Gruad in for about a week no one in or out for that time orders to shot to kill. My aunts and uncles fram got hit but not real bad but my grandmothers house was a loss all family members came out with their lives,so thank god for that.

Now back home when I got there well lets just my dad wasn't very happy and my friend Tom was told if he ever did anything like that again he would become his father and we all knew what that meant. My brother was two houses down from ours and Mom didn't come home for two days and the stories she had of people that they had at the hospital.

like I said I don't want to see anything like that again.

Would that have been the "Palm Sunday Tornado's?"

I was managing a restaurant during the above and we delivered food and drink to the rescue workers around the area. The first day I saw sights that were horrible. Livestock dead and hanging in trees. (people too in trees and fields.) There were no warning systems then and part of the area hit was an Amish community. The Amish had no communication. I was in North Eastern Indiana at the time. I remember coming back from a meeting and watching the sky to the West ahead of me. It was an ugly green color and I thought at the time there was likely to be severe storms. I would have been about 45 miles south of Coldwater lake at the time. My town was not hit.

Slàinte,    

Paul    
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Oh yes Patch it was on that day,Kinderhook got hit the worst thats where the Guard was. I'm not sure where it stared but it went down Southern Rd just outside Bronson(thats where I grewup at) ,then went all the way to old 27 just on the Ind. line. I'm sorry you seen some of the things I seen.I was about 13 and still I can remember it like it was yesterday,it will always be with me and still til this day I don't like it when they give out the warnings it always comes back to what might happen.

Mitzie
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 21-May-2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 21-May-2008, 07:30 AM)
Oh yes Patch it was on that day,Kinderhook got hit the worst thats where the Guard was. I'm not sure where it stared but it went down Southern Rd just outside Bronson(thats where I grewup at) ,then went all the way to old 27 just on the Ind. line. I'm sorry you seen some of the things I seen.I was about 13 and still I can remember it like it was yesterday,it will always be with me and still til this day I don't like it when they give out the warnings it always comes back to what might happen.

Mitzie

If you have a "weather radio" and a place to take shelter you are ok. I remember when I was in school they sent a paper home that told what channel to tune your TV to and if a tornado was close the TV would emit a high pitched scream. I don't think that band width is even on todays televisions. Those sights were really bad but the military was able top them.

Slàinte,    

Paul    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]