Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Harry Potter Parties, Be sure to check them out!
Bookmark and Share
CelticRadio 
Posted: 19-Jul-2007, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Make sure to check out your local Borders Books or Barnes and Nobles store for the great Harry Potter Party on July 20th-21st. In fact, whole communities are getting into the act with some even decking their streets out with Harry Potter decor!

Most of the parties are running from 8:00 PM until 1:00 AM and they will be featuring tons of activities, music, contest, games and more. In fact, the atmosphere is similiar to Halloween with kids dressing up in customs! The last book in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be available at 12:01AM!

If you need customs for the kids, check out iParty that is selling the Harry Potter school robe, wand and badge for about $30.

Do a web search for Harry Potter Parties in your local area to get the best one. Borders seems to be going all out for this one in the town we live in with a Live Band and much more.

Some links:

http://www.bordersmedia.com/harrypotter/

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 02:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Much ado about nothing if you ask me. I've never read a Harry Potter book or seen any of the movies.
I can't see what the fuss is all about.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 20-Jul-2007, 03:42 AM)
Much ado about nothing if you ask me. I've never read a Harry Potter book or seen any of the movies.

My wife said the same thing! Well, I just give her my standard line, "I'm doing it for the kids!"

smile.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Hel -...um, Argyll...

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

It's an animal house in the local B&N here...there's cosplay (people dressed up in HP-like costumes) people there and the lines were forming at opening time this morning. They start passing out the bracelets for pre-orders at 5PM and there's a meandering line through the store outlined in huge orange duct tape arrows.

Friends of mine are going to the release party at the Joseph Beth Bookstore in Pittsburgh...they promised to take pictures. tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
duibhir 
Posted: 23-Jul-2007, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maleny, Queensland

male

I must say it was decent of Rowling/Bloomsbury to make it civilised for us here in Oz. 9:01am Saturday, and I even had time for breakfast before dressing the kids in costume - one of whom won a "best-costume" prize - as Tonks!!!

--------------------

Bernie Dwyer
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Jul-2007, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 20-Jul-2007, 02:42 AM)

biggrin.gif

Well yeah -- if you've never seen one of the movies or read one of the books, you wouldn't see what all the fuss is about, would you?

It's way too over the top in the fan hysteria, I agree, but it's genuinely good stuff, if uneven.

Went to a very small little local bookstore party with food and a midnight countdown. The Barnes and Noble big stores in New York were all insane, I would not have gone near one if you had paid me 100 autographed copies. shocking.gif
PMEmail Poster               
deedee 
Posted: 24-Jul-2007, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Texas

female

I worked at the Barnes and Noble party in Fort Worth. I spent over 4 hours putting tattoos on kids (and adults). It was crazy but fun. I then went home and read the book.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jo

"Logic merely allows one to be wrong with authority."
The Doctor
PMEmail Poster                
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt