Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Dec-2004, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Cadfael @ 20-Dec-2004, 09:52 AM)
Hello everyone... I really like this place... and I love the radio station! thumbsup.gif

Oh... you have beer!!! beer_mug.gif

Yep... I think I am gonna love this place! beer_mug.gif

Hey Welcome Cadfael,

So glad you found us. I don't know what I would do without all these wonderful people and the great music. Oh and the beer of course. Hope you jump right in on the forums and let us know what you think. smile.gif

Slainte
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
Cadfael 
Posted: 20-Dec-2004, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

Thankyou for the warm welcome... and I am doubly happy to be here now!

I am the Cadfael from Cadfael's Avatars... and I see you have used some from my website collection in your fantasy section! It does my old heart good to see it.

oh... look... more beer! beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 20-Dec-2004, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Welcome to all of the new members. It's been some time since I've been in this topic. Hope everyone is enjoying it here. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and reading your posts. Welcome!

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
georgetreliving 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Belfast, Northern Ireland

male

To Celtica

the only Breton as an active member of the forum

Thanks for your reply to my query about holiday homes. To be honest I have never had anyone complain about my family buying a house in Brittany. The neighbours are friendly, but I don't think they got on very well with the previous owner and we count as an improvement. Their only regret is that the house across the road is a holiday home belonging to someone from Paris, so that part of the village is a bit quiet over the winter. I'm more concerned that I've spotted at least 3 other houses in the village that are being let out as gites.

I'm afraid the house is a 1970 one in the modern style, so we are not saving any old or beautiful houses. We would have loved an stone house, but it wasn't to be and we are happy with what we have. During our search we saw many houses, most of which needed renovation work that we really didn't want to do. The only one that seemed to have anyone else interested in it was a stone longeur that had appeared on 'A Place in the Sun' on British TV. I don't feel that I stopped any locals buying the house, on the contrary I thought the notaire was relieved to sell it. We payed the asking price which was not much more that the previous owner had paid for it, so I don't think I helped fuel any price inflation.

My only minor 'regret' so far is that we keep meeting English people who have moved to Brittany. I don't want to be part of a little England abroad. I took some French lessons after work, my teacher was originally from Pontivy and was quite excited that I had the house, but suggested that I needed some French friends

Got to go. Have to be a taxi for one of my daughters.

George
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 22-Dec-2004, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Welcome Cadafel and nicia! And welcome back, Froggy!

So glad you guys have decided to join us here! I don't think you'll find a nicer bunch of people anywhere on the net! And the music is pretty nice too! Jump right in and tell us about yourselves while you learn about us! I hope you enjoy the place as much as I do! Come back and visit with us often!

Welcome home!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
KennyRicheyswife 
  Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Glasgow Scotland

female

Hi there

I have been researching the Celtic comunity for some time now and came upon this wonderful site. My dad and I have been searching our family tree which is why I ended up here with my dad who should have registered by now also:)

I am a Glaswegian from Scotland obviously:) I have lived here my entire life but have travelled some usually my port of call is Ohio USA. Be there in 2 weeks.smile.gif

I live three miles from Celtic Football Club and have been to Parkhead which is known to us locals as Paradise:)

My husband and I are going to begin to research his family tree we did find that the Richey name was a sept of the McIntosh Clan. It is a beautiful tartan.

Anyway just wanted to say hello to you guys,
this is a wonderful site and I would like to make a record request also if someone could tell me how to do so.

Thank you and may your God Bless you

Karen xxxx

--------------------
Karen Richey
www.kennyrichey.org/
The Innocent Scot on Death Row
"I am sure that most of the world's leading forensic scientists in this field would be horrified if they saw the chromatograms used to convict Kenny Richey. If Kenny Richey were executed on the basis of this scientific evidence, then these chromatograms will become historical documents, examined by scientists all over the world to show just how wrong forensic evidence can be. it would be a great tragedy for the future of forensic science." Tony Cafe Arson Expert.

PMEmail Poster                
celtica 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Hi Karen ! Welcome aboard ! smile.gif

Sure you'll enjoy the place, the music and the people and you'll soon feel at home wink.gif

To request a song it's easy. Click on Radio Tools on the top of the page. Then you select Requests (playlist). When you've found the song you want to hear, just click on it smile.gif

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Many welcomes, KennyRichey's wife! Glad to have you here. Jump right in and join us. And tell your dad to come on in, too biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome KennyRicheyswife,

I think you will enjoy this site as it has a lot to do and the people here are very friendly.

Slainte
Rindy smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
KennyRicheyswife 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

female

thank you for the welcome!!!!!!!!!

My wee da will be in soon, he isnt too well right now but sends his love n hugs.

Me and my hubby where talking tonight about the radio station,, how does it work for requests we want a particular song BUT is it possible I can call and make it more presonal????

GOD the wind here is wild though I guess we should be more than grateful that we dont have the misfortune of the TSUMAI dunno if i spe lled it right but guess i didnt need to sadly. Count your blessings for sure and pray like hell
PMEmail Poster                
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Welcome Karen!

So glad you found your way here! I think you'll find that some of the nicest people to be found anywhere on the net are here! We are just one big happy family here, and you are our newest little sister! smile.gif So jump right in, make yourself at home and enjoy the music! I look forward to getting to know you through your posts!

God bless youa nd yours, and welcome home!
KennyRicheyswife 
Posted: 29-Dec-2004, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

female

The love here is so wonderful:) makes it so easy to talk.
Thabking you sooooooooooo much.

Love and hugs xxxx
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi KennyRichieswife! So nice to have you. I have a couple of penpal friends from Glasgow. You will notice that we have a forum on Scotland in here. You and your da can teach us a few things about what it is like to live and be from Scotland and all as well. Hope you enjoy it here and make some new friends! Enjoy and see you posting around!
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Dec-2004, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome irishwolf hope you enjoy the music and the forums. I think you will find the people very nice and caring. Hope you Have a Happy New Year. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Jan-2005, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to you Knightcrest, I hope you find the music and the people to your liking. Please tell us a bit about yourself.

Slainte
Rindy smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]