> My Pet Peeves, What drives you crazy?
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Aug-2006, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 11-Aug-2006, 10:54 AM)
People talking on cell phones while they are driving. People talking on cell phones while they are in the line at McDonalds. People talking on cell phones in the stall next to you when you're using the bathroom at Wal-Mart. People talking on the cell phone while they are in the library. Hearing someone's cell phone ring while you're in CHURCH!

Yeah. The world is a vast phone booth. I even hate most of the ring tones, nowadays. You can add -- "People whose phones go off in class and they answer them, right then and there."

It's odd -- but the "enhanced connection" people supposedly get when they are available for phone messages 24/7 just isolates them even more -- from the people standing (or walking or driving) right in front of them.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Aug-2006, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Yeah. The world is a vast phone booth. I even hate most of the ring tones, nowadays. You can add -- "People whose phones go off in class and they answer them, right then and there."

Let your students know the FIRST day of class, that answering a call in class is an automatic failure. I can understand forgetting to turn it off smoetimes, but to answer the call in class is unforgivable. I fully understand why restaraunts and theaters are putting in these little jamming devices!

As for ring tones, I have "Sweet Home Alabama"! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ballydun 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Mine is the Pink Panther!
I totally aggree about cell phones. I can't stand when I have a customer walk into my shop talking on their phone and never even aknowledge me. I have had them spend the entire time in the store on their phone...even when they are checking out. How Rude.disgust.gif censored.gif
I also can't stand when people feel that their cell phone call is more important than face to face conversation with me. I sure hope I don't come across that way to other people!!!
There is my rant for the day, Thank you!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Do these people NEED to be linked by this umbilical? Will they DIE if they can't talk to someone RIGHT NOW? I don't turn mine on half the time unless I need to call the lumber yard for wood for the job or to tell my wife I'll be late ('cause I'm having a beer with the guys wink.gif ) If someone needs to get a hold of me... leave a message, I'll call you back when I get home (After my beer!).

beer_mug.gif
marti64 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

When I used to work in a department store, I disliked the people that insisted on having a conversation on their phones when I was trying to ring up theri purchases, and collect their money.......sometimes, I had to ask them a few times to pay...while there are other customersin my line.....really RUDE!!! furious.gif fyou.gif
Another thing...the really loud clicks when people ring on their NEXTEL phones...it drives me nuts!!!

Ok, I'm done!!!
Marti

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

This one may not apply to those of you who live in cities, I don't know, perhaps it's unique to rural America.
People who block the ailsles at the grocery store so they can visit with friends.
I"M SHOPPING, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY AND LET ME GET ON WITH IT!
Visit somewhere else! mad.gif

beer_mug.gif
ballydun 
Posted: 16-Aug-2006, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

How about when you go to the drive through and not only does the speaker thing make it hard to understand the person taking your order, but they also don't speak very good English so when they read your order back to you it sound like mush with an accent. You never know what you're going to get in the bag. That is pretty annoying!!
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 17-Aug-2006, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,009 Gold!

1. I don't own a cell phone. Hope I never own a cell phone. I don't want to be that connected.

2. Shopping carts blocking the aisles aren't so bad, it's the cars blocking the roads while the drivers chat that gets me. (VERY rural America)

3. Don't go to the drive thrus for that reason. I park my car and go inside. I like to talk face to face.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 17-Aug-2006, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Ok here are a few:

1. Girls that wear low cut shirts with shiny or sparkly letters right across their chest that get mad when you stare at their chest. If that's what you're advertising, people aren't going to look at your face.

2. When you are driving and someone almost hits you and you look and see they are talking on a cell phone.

3. People that sit in the passing lane going the speed limit while other cars are going faster than they are on the right.

4. When you go through the drive through, get home, and they messed up your order. No matter how ticked off you are, it's never really worth it to go back.

5. People who let their dogs run around off leash and then glare at you when THEIR dog runs up to play with YOUR dogs, who are leashed, and THEIR dog won't listen to them. It isn't MY fault they can't control their stupid dogs.

6. When you've rented a movie and have to return it because it's late and you haven't even watched it.

7. Call in Support Lines in general. Why is it when they want your business they are more than willing to bend over backward for you, but once they have your business they don't seem like they care about keeping it?

8. On the flip side, working in customer service and being yelled at by idiot customers who caused their own problem and yet want to blame me for it. The customer is NOT always right, and is usually wrong.

9. Dogs that, when fully grown, cn fit in the palm of your hand. They sit in girls' purses shaking out of either cold because they have zero body weight to keep them warm or the realization that the only natural protection they have is to pee on themselves and hope that makes them unappetizing.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 17-Aug-2006, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

9. Dogs that, when fully grown, cn fit in the palm of your hand. They sit in girls' purses shaking out of either cold because they have zero body weight to keep them warm or the realization that the only natural protection they have is to pee on themselves and hope that makes them unappetizing.

One of my bits of advice to people when they come to see me about getting a dog is this "Never own a dog you can't pick up!" If you have to move the dog after it gets hit on the road or have to pull it out of ANY sort of situation, you better be able to handle the dog. I'm a big guy, but 50-70 lbs of limp dog is quite an arm load. So I guess some of these twits are better off with"keychain" dogs! Besides, most of them are as neurotic as their dogs, they deserve each other!

beer_mug.gif
zeryx 
Posted: 18-Aug-2006, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Dunfermline ~ Scotland

female

When I walk into a shop to browse and am pounced upon by store assistants wanting to know if they can help me - if I want help I'll ask for it!

--------------------
user posted image

Friends are like quiet angels who lift our feet when our wings forget how to fly
Dogshirt 
Posted: 20-Aug-2006, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

What about the wingnut that isn't paying attention at the stop light and sits for most of it so you don't get through? Isn't that grounds for justifiable homicide? dry.gif

beer_mug.gif
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 20-Aug-2006, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

My wife and kids all have cell phones. I refuse to get one untill I can ownload an entire movie off of a DVD onto the phone cuz that would be my only use for it. We had one girl at work who actually had the earpiece and was talking for a vast majority of the day while she did her work. They finally banned them from our workplace except for break times. My wife has the Irish Washwoman and Scotland the Brave for her ringtones. Kids have got whatever is popular at the moment. Such individuality!!

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 20-Aug-2006, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Six+ hour drive back from Irishfest in Milwaukee to U.P. of Michigan. Kid and wife arguing about music, seating position, car temperature, when we are getting back, my driving, behavior, road construction, etc. argue.gif My pet peeve- no possible way to kill myself and end my misery on said drive back home. wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 21-Aug-2006, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Dunfermline ~ Scotland

female

My other half when he slurps his tea!!! arghhhhh
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]