Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Is Britain's Cover-up Of Its 1845-1850 Holocaust, in Ireland the most successful Big Lie..
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Came across this web page while doing genealogy searches. Sure gives a new twist to the famine of Ireland.

http://home.comcast.net/~irishholocaust/index.htm

I e-mailed a few Irish folks that I met during my trip to Ireland and asked their opinion of this. They all said that there is a great deal of truth to it, from stories passed down through the generations but the English have tried to cover it up and destoyed a lot of the proof.

May or may not be truth to this but it sure makes one think about things.
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Very Sad reading... sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

A very sad story, indeed. I was aware that Ireland was exporting more than enough food to feed its people throughout the so-called "famine," more aptly termed a holocaust, but didn't realize the extent of the Catholic Church's involvement. The brutalization of the Irish by the Anglo-Normans began long before 1845--indeed, at one time it was a capital offense for an Anglo-Norman to marry an Irish person.
Even today, many people feel free to look upon the Irish as little better than lazy, carefree drunken brawlers--which is used as an excuse for excessive drinking on St. Patrick's day.
For another account of the "famine," see The Great Irish Famine.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

This is horrifying information. It make me wonder how many other great attrocities have been covered up within the history of humanity...and also make me worry that those campaigning that the Jewish Holocaust didn't happen might someday succeed.

I'm very glad that I know more about my ancestral history now that I have this information.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ 22-Aug-2005, 07:29 AM)
A very sad story, indeed. I was aware that Ireland was exporting more than enough food to feed its people throughout the so-called "famine," more aptly termed a holocaust, but didn't realize the extent of the Catholic Church's involvement. The brutalization of the Irish by the Anglo-Normans began long before 1845--indeed, at one time it was a capital offense for an Anglo-Norman to marry an Irish person.
Even today, many people feel free to look upon the Irish as little better than lazy, carefree drunken brawlers--which is used as an excuse for excessive drinking on St. Patrick's day.
For another account of the "famine," see The Great Irish Famine.

God.

This site you posted the link to is just relentless, the sheer weight of it. It's a stunning job of pulling together all the sources for the education effort, but I've come out of it numb. These are things we don't think of -- that a body could be so far gone that the food it needs could kill it. There are children dying this day in relief stations in Niger, Sudan, Somalia, with a bowl of rice in front of them and no strength to lift it nor anyone to feed them. The soldiers who liberated Dachau killed many prisoners with compassion, the same way. It doesn't seem that we've learned a thing, except how to forget that some kinds of damage are so profound you can't just reverse it with the simple application of what was missed.

I never knew about most of this, and certainly not to this detail.

This is a strange collection of illustrated news at the time of the famine/starvation, from the viewpoint of the British press. Strangely sanitized, perhaps, even describing the horrors with great physical accuracy sometimes, but a queer, repulsive detachment.

http://vassun.vassar.edu/~sttaylor/FAMINE/
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]