Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Event - Winter Classic, Bethlehem, PA.
Keltic 
Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

The same group that puts on the Celtic Classic in September in Bethlehem, PA is putting on an event to help you through the winter. On February 2 and 3, 2007, the "Winter Classic" will be held at the Stabler Arena in the Lehigh Valley.

Entertainment so far includes: Eileen Ivers & Immigrant Soul, The Glengarry Bhoys, Seamus Kennedy, The Barley Boys, Solas, and more...

More info can be found on their site at http://www.celticfest.org/CCA_Snow_Blast.html

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Looks like a great lineup! Might have to go to that one! biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ 09-Nov-2006, 03:11 AM)
Looks like a great lineup! Might have to go to that one! biggrin.gif

Shelley, you think the hot tub will work this time?? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Would you recomend this over going to Ireland in April Shrule????? unsure.gif

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Raven @ 29-Nov-2006, 11:44 AM)
Would you recomend this over going to Ireland in April Shrule????? unsure.gif

I would think that this festival will be much better than Valley Forge, the following week. Much better line-up than what Bill Reid has for Valley Forge and since you saw had bad VF was last year, up close and personal, I think you will agree.

Anyway, we still have room for you at the house in Ireland and I'll take Ireland over any Celtic Fest. I know there are still a few seats on the plane. Don't wait to long to decide, that plane will sell out soon.

king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 15-Feb-2007, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Forgot about this thread.

I went to this festival. Set my GPS to Lehigh University and it took me right into the parking lot of Stabler Arena. What a nice place to have a WinterFest. A bit confusing on which door to use to get in but it is the first year for this fest.

I talked to John Sweeney, the organizer of the fest and he was rather happy with the turnout, even though there was a winter storm for the Friday night showing. I was there on Saturday and it was a bit slow at first but by the time I left at 6 PM, the place was packing them in and more were coming. The few vendors that were there, had a nice selection of goods and seemed to be selling and that's always encouraging for a first time festival.

Had a great time hanging out with The Barley Boys and they played a lot of songs from their upcoming cd, due out in March. Sign up on their e-mail list and they will notify you when the release date will be.

The Barley Boys have a couple of new faces and they are some pretty talented guys. Patrick Kennedy is the new fiddle player and plays various whistles and also sings, which I'm sure Michael is very thankful for. Didn't catch the new mandalin/guitarist's name but he backed Michael up very well and while playing mandolin, synced very well with Patrick, working on the fiddle.

This festival has a strong possibility of becoming very big. There's plenty of open space in Stabler Arena for more vendors and small demonstration areas. The accoustics were very good and not bouncing off the walls, which will be a big plus for the more electrified type of Celtic bands.

Put this one on your schedule for next year.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 17-Feb-2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

That sounds like a wonderful time A Shrule Egan!! Glad it all went well.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 17-Feb-2007, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Thanks for the comments. Feedback is extremely important for festivals and can only help in bringing in more people for future events. Keep the events and event reviews coming!!!
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 13-May-2007, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

there was a winter storm for the Friday night showing

Friday night? I presume you were at Bravehearts Pub, since the Winter Classic was Sat/Sun only?/
Anyway, as usual I post on these topics months late, and tell people after the fact that I was there- at Braveheart's and at Stabler for the weekend.

There's plenty of open space in Stabler Arena for more vendors and small demonstration areas.

In addition to being large enough for CIFL arena football, they didn't even tap into the potential of the second floor yet.

On a sad note, Nancy Woerner passed away less than 2 weeks after the WInter Classic. She had been part of the CCA's (group that holds the Celtic Classic) planning commission for over 12 years.
It's surprising with some people, she had seemd fine at the Winter Classic, then ten days later- dead.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 13-May-2007, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 13-May-2007, 03:26 PM)
Friday night? I presume you were at Bravehearts Pub, since the Winter Classic was Sat/Sun only?/

On a sad note, Nancy Woerner passed away less than 2 weeks after the WInter Classic. She had been part of the CCA's (group that holds the Celtic Classic) planning commission for over 12 years.
It's surprising with some people, she had seemd fine at the Winter Classic, then ten days later- dead.

YOOO!! SUB. Where were you?? I was sitting on the left side of the arena with Terry Algier of the Celtic Spirit Band for most of the afternoon. Never saw you. Did you shave your FU off and I didn't recognize you??

As for the Friday night thing, I really meant Saturday. Sometimes the after effects of drinking Guinness at the fest fries your brain a bit and you lose track of things. biggrin.gif But knowing that you never hang out near the kegs, you wouldn't know anything of such things. rolleyes.gif

I don't know Nancy, by name but I suspect that I have spoken to her somewhere along the way. It will be tough on the Commission to lose someone who has given so many years to the CCA. The CCA is undermanned as it is, so it will be hard to replace someone with that much knowledge of the undertakings of the CCA.

Good festival for a wintertime event and Stabler Arena has much to offer. Hope this one takes off.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 20-May-2007, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Well, I look quite different in winter than I do during the summer. I actually grow hair, and have a full beard. That pretty well sums me up from Oct thru Feb, then sometime around St Pat's I shave again. I claim it's due to the colder weather, but more likely it's due to laziness on my part. tongue.gif
I was in the back left most of the time, near the (never would've guessed) beer tent- err, beer stand.
I was really hoping you had actually meant Friday. The kick-off party was, IMHO< the best part of the weekend. There's nothing like hanging out in a Scottich Pub drinking beer and having a pipe band (MacKay) and a few live performers (Burning Bridget Cleary) playing.
The good news was I arrived a little late, so the only bar stool left was right next to the performing area- so I had an excellent view.
The bad news was I arrived a little late, so the only bar stool left was right next to the performing area- so I was almost deafened.
PMEmail Poster               
Blue_Dragon5 
Posted: 28-May-2007, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Derry, PA

male

Damn, i'm not to far away from that. I would have loved to go.

--------------------
Ni neart go cur le cheile (Togetherness is strength)
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

A Shrule Egan and Blue Dragon5- I expect you will be at this one? http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...=ST&f=8&t=10630
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]