free2Bme 
Posted: 16-Aug-2003, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Meanwhile, some where in Spain, El Gato awaits....

http://www.petpics.net/dp/1-235.htm

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 16-Aug-2003, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Good grief I was bored to death. I hate shopping and Ann had been at this for hours. How long could this go on? And I was amazed that no one had objected to her carrying that cat in everywhere we went. They probably thought it was some sort of fur attachment, in which case it would be only a matter of minutes before some animal rights people showed up with their vials of fake blood.

My feet hurt, and I was tired and hungry and wanted a beer. I was wishing that we had gone on to Edinburgh by bus instead of wasting an entire day waiting for that train. Big deal, at the time of night we would be leaving we wouldn't see anything anyway. The thing that bothered me the most though, was that I really was ready for a beer, a real beer. I really wondered now why I hadn't just gone to some place like Aruba, or even back to tour some ruins in Guatemala. At least there the folks appreciated really cold beer.

That cat was getting on my nerves too much and I resolved not to think to much about it. Ann seemed really attached to it, and would probably be a little upset if I strangled it or anything. Of course, if I could make it look like an accident, no, better leave that thought.

We had entered the fifth boutique, at least I think it was the fifth, it actually could have been the fiftieth, I was too tired to care really, when I glanced up and saw a face that looked mighty familiar. It took me a second, but then the name leaped to mind.

"Jimbo," I almost shouted, I noticed Garfields ridiculous ears sort of quiver, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Jimbo stood about five foot eight inches with black hair and a dark complexion, He looked sort of startled and then said, "Firth, what are you doing here?"

We moved towards each other and shook hands. It had been several years, and a lot of miles.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 16-Aug-2003, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

"Jimbo?" I asked when I heard Firth call his name. "Pardon, me, Firth. Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"By the way, I have the most marvelous news! It took some doing, and I have been haggling all day long, but I have a special surprise for you! I just bought a case of Ice Cold Balboa Beer for you! I am not EVEN going to tell you how much it cost me, but I heard you mention it in your sleep, and I just had to find some way to thank you for all of your kindness. There should be someone here to deliver the case to us before the train departs tonight. "
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 28-Aug-2003, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

"Ann, Jimbo is an old friend of mine", I answered after a long pause (a real long pause that seemed to have lasted over three weeks.) "I knew him from a time he was stationed in the old Canal Zone. We never shared any sort of adventures together, since he was a marine and I had been Army, but we had some good times together when I wasn't out in the field. "

Jimbo and I had met at a club in Panama City called My Place when we had both been trying to pick up the same dark eyed beauty. As it turned out she was trying to pick us both up, a situation we discussed over a lot of cold Atlases that night and finally decided that wouldn't work out and dumped her there to go off to a place with more promise. He had been born in the Zone, and held dual citizenship, his mother having been Panamanian. And did he ever have a reputation for the ladies.

"Jimbo, what are you doing here? Ann and I are on our way to Edinburgh to get her a new passport. Some really creepy people stole her old one."

Jimbo looked at me with his head sort of cocked to the side and said, "I have to be back at the Embassy early in the morning, I will be driving down this afternoon. I lucked out and caught some pretty good duty for a change. If you want to ride down with me it would be fine, better then waiting half the night for that train, if that's what you are planning on doing. We can eat some good food, and did I hear something about a case of Balboa?"
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 28-Aug-2003, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Firth, I heard that there is a pub near here, and the barkeep has some sort of connection with Panama - that is where the Balboa is. I was going to have it delivered, but if you want to we can go pick up the case of beer at the pub. I have the directions to the place written on a scrap of paper here in my pocket. Your friend is welcome to join us, although he may prefer not to get mixed up in all of this once he hears the whole story!

I stepped toward Firth and handed him the scrap of paper with the scribbled map. For some reason, I felt closer to Firth than I had felt towards anyone in a long time. The thought of him going back home to Panama made me sad.

I wonder where Garfield has scampered off to? He was here just awhile ago, then I put him down to let him play and now he has disappeared on me.

Here, kitty, kitty...
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 29-Aug-2003, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Good grief! That cat again, now he was missing and just as things were starting to look up. What with the thought of a cold Balboa within grasp, now we had to track down Garfield. Ann was walking around calling inside the store, Jimbo was looking mystified, and I happened to glance out the window just as we all heard the screech of brakes, horns honking, and I could just make out an orange blob in the street.

Ann, looked terrified as I bolted out the door and encountered Garfield, calmly sitting in the street with traffic backing up on both sides. A car had stopped just a foot away from turning him into an orange greasy spot on the pavement. The first thing that went through my mind was to calmly wave the car on, thus finishing the job, but then I realized that would be a little obvious, and reached down and picked up the little furball, who tried to scratch my arm as he was lifted to safety.

"You owe me fuzzface", I whispered, as Ann caught up and I handed the hairball factory over to her.
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 29-Aug-2003, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Whew! That was a close one! I wonder if they have a veterinarian around here, where I can board him for the duration of this adventure? I don't want to risk putting him in any further danger... I spoke to Firth in one long exclaimation - with both a mixture of relief and panic.

Jimbo's jaw dropped as I gave Firth a big wet juicy kiss right there in the street as he held Garfield. Then he put the cat down, and I smothered Firth in a passion of kisses. Garfield hugged against my leg, almost as if he is jealous of Firth.

Why don't you boys go to the bar and drink your Balboas, while I find suitable lodging for this feline furball here? He has been a naughty kitty, and I want to make sure he is taken care of.

I scooped up Garfield in my arms, and brushed past Jimbo without even looking at him. He had such an astonished look on his face. Firth was beet red and grinning like an idiot. I don't know which news made him happier - the Ice Cold Case of Balboas, or me putting Garfield in a Kitty Hotel.
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 01-Sep-2003, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Lord! I thought I was going to faint from lack of oxygen. When that girl puts a lip lock on someone it really counts for something. I sure was wishing that she had kissed me before the cat though. He had a little case of tuna breath and that was not one of my favorites. I stood there in the street trying to recover while Ann took off with the cat. I turned to Jimbo, with that amazed look on his face, and he thankfully could not find any words to say.

Finally, after I was breathing more regularly, I asked if he knew of a bar close by that had some sort of Panamanian connection. He just looked at me and shrugged. Ann was already out of sight, and I assumed she would be meeting us in that bar later on, if we could ever figure out where it was. I looked at Jimbo and he sort of raised an eyebrow, then we took off in the direction of the waterfront. It seemed like a logical choice of directions. We had only walked about ten minutes when we both heard it at the same time. Cumbia, the unmistakable sound of that wild Panamanian accordian. We followed the sound to a door that had a simple sign over head advertising La Gata Fria (The Cold Cat), nice name I thought. Well, the music was louder and the unmistakable nasal whine of Sandra Sandoval singing about catching her lover with his 'mano en la masa' made me feel right at home.

As we entered the place was a little dark, and not too crowded, on one wall was a large flag, divided into four quadrants two white, each with a star, one red and one blue, and two empty quadrants, one red and one blue. On another wall was a large poster for Cerveza Panama and the tables seemed to be occupied by younger fellows, probably merchant marine, mostly darker with close cropped dark hair. The music was loud as we moved to the bar. A small plastic palm in a pot was at one end and the bartender was busy sort of swaying to the music. We sat down and Jimbo spoke up. "¿Tienes Balboa?"

The bartender looked sort of concerned, and I said, "Tengo una mujer, alta, fula, rubia que dijo tiene cerveza Balboa."

"Bueno," he said, "Tengo, pero no puedo venderlo, si quiere, puedo regalar unas pintas, con un poco de recompence."

Jimbo looked at me and said, "That figures, Panama is the only export cerveza in the country, that Balboa must be a little contraband. Well, as long as it's cold that's good enough for me."

"Dame dos," we both said at the same time.

The beer came in its little ten ounce bottles, he popped the lids off with his opener and Jmbo and I both raised our bottles and touched them together, "Salud" we both said at the same time. Then in two swallows the beer was gone, and cold, the coldest beer I had since this vacation started. We ordered again, then turned to survey the bar a while, listening to the music which had now changed for a rather boring selection by Nenito Vargas y Las Plumas Negras.

"That girl you're with, some chick there bud. So what's the story?" Jimbo asked.

"Lets get a few to tide us over, and sit down at a table Jimbo. I am real thirsty at the moment, and it's going to take a few to be able to fill you in. This is sort of a complicated story."

PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 01-Sep-2003, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Well, after making a couple of telephone calls from a pay phone, I was finally able to locate a veterinarian who knew of a place where I could board Garfield for awhile until we could get settled. All of this traveling was taking its toll on both of us. We rode in a taxi cab to the address the vet had given me, and I nearly cried when I told Garfield goodbye. He seemed bored with the whole notion, until the worker tried to take him. Then he turned into all teeth and claws and wanted to fight. I held him firmly in my arms and carried him back to the room he would be kept in until my return. I tipped the worker handsomely, and instructed him on the type of cat food that he should feed Garfield. I brought along a case of his favorite tinned sardines, to make him feel more at home. I also gave him a small bag of marbles to play with - his favorite toys.

The cabbie was still waiting for me outside, so I gave him the address to the Panamanian Bar - although he seemed to know it without me even saying anything other than the name. I hoped that Firth and his friend were having a good time, while they waited for me. I just hoped that they were having *too* good of a time, becuase my plans for Firth didn't stop with the Balboas at the Bar. There was something I have needed to speak to him about for quite some time, but there has never been a right moment to say it.... I paid the taxi driver as we pulled up to the curb and thanked him for waiting on me.

As my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit bar, I heard music from the jukebox finish one spanish song and a familar Santana tune began to reverberate through the bar..."Well, it's a hot one..." The song sent a chill down my spine. With a smile of joy and relief I found Firth sitting at a table in a corner of the bar. I said !Hola! and gave him a big hug as I excused myself and made my way to the ladies room. I remember the LAST time we sat in a bar together, it seemed like months ago - let's just hope we don't have the same problems here!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 02-Sep-2003, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

The damned clock ticking in the rented room was about to drive me half batty and about the time I had almost decided I was going to stuff it under yon Aidan's pillow when I realized that there was some activity picking up over in the chapel yard. While standing watch I had thoroughly cleaned and inspected all of my firearms and most of my other toys, surfed the web for a bit, and wished for a decent cup of coffee. It's easy enough to get a cup of coffee over here, but it's usually not very good coffee. When I have my choice in the matter, I prefer to roast my own beans and then make my coffee good and stout. That's not necessarily the rule here.

Anyway, the activity in the chapel yard wasn't really anything I could put a finger on, and it certainly wasn't something I'd want to try to articulate. It was just an increase in those flickers of movement that one sometimes imagines he sees in the shadows. Most people claim they don't see them, but it's something I've noticed from time to time throughout my life. Sort of like UFOs, it's something a person may almost see, but not be real willing to talk about.

I might not have paid much attention to it, but the cat that had earlier been torturing little birds had been sauntering along as though it owned the world when it had suddenly started, arched it's back and hissed at nothing. I mean nothing that was clearly visible to the human eye. He'd dashed off across the street barely missing a sudden traumatic death under the wheels of a lorry, running as though something that eats kitties was in hot pursuit. Meanwhile I had been feeling a sort of jangling buzz in my nerves ever since we'd arrived here at Roslyn, and I guess I sort of felt the two phenomenon might be related somehow.

I glanced over at the clock. It was almost exactly 1 1/2 minutes since the last time I'd looked.

I thought about walking over to the archaeological project to chat with the workers for a bit, and maybe learn a thing or two, but I really didn't wish to be noticed and that bloody horseshoe shaped bruise on my forehead wasn't something that would be easily ignored by anyone. I was resigned to stay inside for a while longer. I decided to create a couple of new identies while I was doing so little else. I had been going through them quickly enough the last few days, and it's not as easy as some might think. It requires hacking into a few databases, printing drivers licenses, passports, and a ton of other paperwork, transferring money in between bank accounts (most of those transactions start in Switzerland) and so forth. Even though I've had a lot of practice at it, it still takes me an hour or two do do a proper job of it. Now, who do I want to be when I leave this country????

Aidan's a nice guy, but I sure wish he didn't snore so loudly.......

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 15-Sep-2003, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

((OOC- I'll just jump in at any point.. ppl know my chara and Moira =) ))

It took them a wee while to make it to Edinburgh, they trail was lost but maybe they could find it again in the buzzing touristy life of the city. Lierin had a small flat near India Street crammed with books. It was one of the nice cellar flats of the big town houses and the small terrace like space in front of it was filled with flowers. Moira seemed to have problems trying to get all these things into her characterisation of Lierin. There was only one bed in the flat, so Moira had to sleep on the - very comfy - couch.
They were here with Lierin's other car, Audi Allroad, which was parked outside. After they had lunch and a bit of coffee, Lierin looked at Moira with a smile all over her face.. "What do you think about a nice day out with the tourists?"
Moira looked puzzled. "What..." understanding flashed in a grin over her face "Oh, why not? We might be able to find something."
They got ready and set off in general direction St. George Square and Princes Street.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 22-Sep-2003, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

The clock kept ticking, slower and slower and slower. I made two really good identities, which would stand up to the most thorough of investigations by international law enforcement or security agencies, and a couple more that weren't quite so bullet-proof but would get me past a bored police officer or security guard if I didn't try borrowing money on them. Then I surfed the net for a bit, even though I knew I was paying for the connection by the minute.

That darned cat and the shadow-movements kept nagging at my brain, and perhaps subliminally I was surfing websites pertaining to felines when I stumbled across this gem.

"No wonder cat lovers are so damned ditzy." I chuckled. "There's scientific proof that cats really do warp your brain."

Scientific Proof that Owning a Cat Really Does Lead to Madness

(OOC - I'm back after three weeks of haunting the woods, and STILL nothing has happened? What's with this? Have the kitties taken over the Celtic world?)

S
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

wow, Interesting place here..disappears
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
free2Bme 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Perhaps all have been overcome by the hypnotic spell of the Cat? Perhaps they indeed developed "cat madness" and are are even now at this very minute raiding garbage cans in some dark alley of Edinburg, or curled up seductively in the lap of some handsome stranger, waiting for a nibble of catnip? The forces of the Cat are powerful and mysterious...

Who knows how this story ever ended or if indeed the story is over?

argue.gif dribble.gif vampire.gif
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Isabelle, Zeb and Connor return to the Mini Cooper.
No one says a word. Then Connors cell phone rings.

Zeb is looking out the window, Isabelle places her hand on his. The rain is really coming down.

"Hot Damn" Connor shouts

What?! Zeb replies

" Someone has spotted Jack! He's in York!"

Isabelle and I Both reply "York"???!!!

"He was spotted near "The Shambles" ...."said Connor

"I guess we're off again..... To York squire!!!"

LAughter insues

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]