> Eileen Ivers And Immigrant Soul
AaronD 
  Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

Just attended a wonderful Eileen Ivers/Immigrant Soul concert this past weekend. We had a blast, and I'm just sending out a feeler to see what others think of this band. It's definitely a fusion of many sounds and influences. While I probably enjoy "pure or traditional" celtic more, walkman.gif EI is very, very entertaining. What do you think? rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Darby 
Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Virginia

female

YOU LUCKY DAWG!!! I love her! I fell in love with her about 7 or 8 years ago when I fell in love with Riverdance (I was introduced to it through watching a PBS special around Christmas time). I was intrigued with the lady with the blue fiddle:). I went searching for her name and then bought on of her CDs and I've been in love ever since. She's the first thing I have my friends listen to when they look at me with the eyebrows perked up and their face scrunched up after my telling them that I like Celtic music. None of them have ever had anything bad to say about her after hearing her! I've seen her perform a couple of times on TV and she seems very entertaining -- I haven't yet had the opportunity to see her in person, but I will before I meet my Maker (we all have that list, don't we?).

Do tell all about the concert; what she played, how she was (personality wise, I suppose), a funny story perhaps -- I'd love to hear.

Rogue

--------------------
"If you pray for a Cadillac and God sends you a jack-ass, ride it." Anon
PMEmail Poster               
AaronD 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

This was the third time I've seen EI. Earlier this summer, (Celtic Fling, PA Ren Faire) I was lucky enough to see 2 shows over a weekend. I also knew her from Riverdance and realized what an electric performer she was. Immigrant soul is a virtual United Nations, with a Cuban percussionist, African-American bass player, Irish guitar, Irish tin whistle etc, and a lead singer from Chicago!! EI was also so very gracious,taking time to chat with my wife and me for few moments after the summer show. This latest show was a benefit concert for a local adult education organization and it was 2 hrs of superb showmanship! Her work gets heavy rotation at our house also.
Your know what I loved most? The fact that she truly looked like she was having a blast up there. That is so very important in a live show. I'm looking forward to more EI!! thumbs_up.gif
If you have her CD's, that was her show.
There was lunar eclipse the night of the latest show. She really got into that.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]