Posted: 19-Jan-2006, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!!!

Hope everyone's week has gone okay. Nothing major, good or bad, happened this week for me. Just got done eating dinner a few minutes ago. Polish sausage and instant mashed potatoes drool.gif biggrin.gif .

I don't have anything planned for this weekend, besides cleaning my apartment and catching a mouse in a glue trap. Maybe I'll go see "Tristan & Isolde" this weekend.

This week, I've started getting up early and, before getting cleaned up, putting on sweats and going over to the local shopping mall to be a mall walker. It's great! I like it for two reasons: it's free and it's climate-controlled. At my mall, it's not just senior citizens doing it either. I've seen people of all ages walking in the mall.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Whoo Hoo!

toot.gif

Taking a day off today!
Actually it will be pretty busy: got a lot of errands to run, including getting a new drivers license. Maybe I should post the picture from my old one on here? Very doubtful!

This has been the warmest January I've ever known. Only three days so far in the thirties. Otherwise in the fifties.

Hey Mike, let us know how Tristan & Isolde is. No one else in the family wants to see it but me.

Everyone see that Riobhca is back! clap.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hi, everyone! Enjoy that day off, Padraig. No, we wouldn;t mind seeing the old photo. smile.gif Just make sure the new one does you justice.

Weekend. . . No great plans either. Couple of movies I want to see before they fade away -- Syriana and Munich. Thought I might shop for a three-season raincoat, now that the winter sales are on.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 20-Jan-2006, 06:52 AM)
Whoo Hoo!

toot.gif

Taking a day off today!
Actually it will be pretty busy: got a lot of errands to run, including getting a new drivers license. Maybe I should post the picture from my old one on here? Very doubtful!

This has been the warmest January I've ever known. Only three days so far in the thirties. Otherwise in the fifties.

Hey Mike, let us know how Tristan & Isolde is. No one else in the family wants to see it but me.

Everyone see that Riobhca is back! clap.gif

Why is it that every drivers license photo is the worst possible photo that can be taken of a person biggrin.gif ? My cousin Pete hit it right on the head when I showed him the photo for my first drivers license: "It looks like it should have the phrase 'Wanted Dead or Alive' by it."

Will let you all know how "Tristan & Isolde" is if I go see it. Evidently, Fox doesn't have a lot of faith in it by releasing it now during the dead time for movies.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 19-Jan-2006, 07:36 PM)
Hello everyone! I am really behind in all my emails and postings... Had a first cousin and his wife come visit me this week...

Well DANG, girlfriend, so THAT"S where you've been!!! I figured it was something like that - or either your computer bit the dust. laugh.gif

Love the Sutton crest!

Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Dogshirt 
  Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Hi all! It's been a loooooooooong week here, I'm building out of town and driving about 125 miles a day. Glad to see the end of the week! Tons non-driving IDIOTS out there!
This is only MY opinion MDF3530, but if you are going to kill that mouse(or ANY living thing) it should be done as quick and clean as possible. Those glue traps are REAL bad!
Have a good weekend all!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Jan-2006, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 20-Jan-2006, 08:12 PM)
This is only MY opinion MDF3530, but if you are going to kill that mouse(or ANY living thing) it should be done as quick and clean as possible. Those glue traps are REAL bad!
Have a good weekend all!

beer_mug.gif

I use either glue traps or spring-loaded traps. I don't believe in using poisons. If the poison will kill the mice, it'll kill us.

I'm just staying at home tonight. Been snowing since this afternoon. I did a nice strip steak on my George Foreman grill for dinner and now am just watching TV.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Jan-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello to all! Sorry I have not been around. Been a lot going on. My Sutton family came to visit me this week which was really great! We have this saying in our whole family if we talk a certain way we say to each other......."spoken like a true Sutton." laugh.gif Well the more I dwelve into my family history the more English I become and you can't get more English than Sutton! They are really prevalent in the southern states. so I changed my crown to the English crown to the horror of my Scottish friends! My grandmother was very English too. However, there is the Scots-Irish in there too that I can't and will not ignore!

Well gotta go as hubby wants the pc....as usual! rolleyes.gif

Take care!

emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 21-Jan-2006, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was. I'm doing good. My car is getting fixed so I'm off the road for a few days, but it needed it badly.

Oh and I saw Tristan & Isolde last week. I loved it, but I'm not hard to please. Especially if it is a romantic tale set in an England/Ireland middle age(ish) period smile.gif Plus I have always loved the story. So I say you should go see it smile.gif Oh and I saw Casanova and loved that as well, ha ha. I know this isn't the movie thread but I just wanted to say they're both really good according to me.

Well I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday smile.gif

Stay safe

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 22-Jan-2006, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is well. I doing great. I have had a busy week. They needed me for some extra time at the hospital. I love the paycheck when I have the overtime but when I have to do it at the time I dread it. My bosses showed their appreciation this past week by giving those of us putting in all the over time a gift card to a local spa. All of we so surprised and when we said thank you they said no we thank you for all the you do to keep the department going.

Last night I went to a Burns Dinner. We had so much fun. I had never been to one. We had some really good food. For appetizers we had scotch eggs, and Scottish Salmon, for the dinner we had a salad, cock-a-leekie soup, crown lamb roast, bubbles and squeak, and dessert, whiskey in whipped cream, raspberries, and toasted oats. The toast to the lassies was funny, and the response by the lassies was even better. All in all the night was fun social night. This next Saturday we have another dinner to go to. I look forward to it.

CR: you know we would never hold the English part against you.LOL. You know we all probably have a bit of English blood in us. Besides as far as I am concerned a drop of Irish/Scottish blood far out ways the English blood.

The wedding plans are coming along. I ordered the girls sashes. The tuxedos have been reserved. And the couple has chosen their wedding bands. I will be so glad when all of this is over.

MD: good for you on the mall walking I wished I lived near a mall, the tread mill can be real boring. Good luck on the mouse problem. But if I were you I would us a spring trap. I heard that with the glue traps they chew there legs off, yuk!! A cat is useful. Our cats do a wonderful job. The only thing I don't like is they bring them to my door step. Double yuk!!

Well I have to go for now. Take care everyone.
valpal59 
Posted: 22-Jan-2006, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I just wanted to say HI to everyone. Its been awhile since I have been here. I was staying busy with my cement projects when out of the blue a really good job opportunity came my way. I figured that when an opportunity like this comes to you it's best not to turn it down. I really wasn't ready to go back to work, but I did miss the extra spending money. We can listen to the music we want on our computers as long as we keep it down low. Mine is set on Highlander Radio. LIFE IS GOOD!!! biggrin.gif Have a nice day, eveyone.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Jan-2006, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Yeah, those out-of-the-blue jobs are worth considering, aren't they?!?
I'm in my second week of being a church secretary and must confess I really love it... it's a small congregation, everyone seems nice so far esp. the Pastor who is quite kind. I never thought I'd get a job like this, but a friend suggested applying in mid-December - I had an interview about a week later - and two days later was asked to start the following Monday!

I was getting restless being at home all the time, and since this is just part-time there will be plenty of hours for drawing & painting. I'm actually more inspired now to create some big new STUFF - laugh.gif laugh.gif
Watch out now, I feel a 32" x 40" Irish landscape coming on!!

SB

PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 26-Jan-2006, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all and great to hear from you and know that y'all are doing well or at least what is going on with each and everyone of you.

I had a very bad day yesterday. I killed a kitty cat. Like everywhere else in the country, when it gets chilly, animals seek refuge, warmth and comfort under the hood of a vehicle. Well I had a cat do that in my car yesterday. When I started my vehicle yesterday, I heard this most horrific sound! when i turned the engine off, I heard the worst crying and squealing from an animal that I honestly thought it was human. I was mortified! I called 911, animal control and my mechanic all there to get this kitty loose as he was attached to the serpentine belt. He made it out of there barely alive, but because he was a feral animal, he was euthanized. I felt so very very badly about this and it has been most upsetting to me.

Good luck to both SB and Valpal on your new jobs. Hope much happiness and love for your job for many years to come.

Gwenlee! so good to hear from you too! Glad you don't hold that ole English blood against me! LOL I still have a wee bit of Scots-Irish, but more English than anything. I had really hoped to meet you this year, but it doesn't look like we will get back to GA this year. Too much going on in our lives.

many hellos and hugs to y'all!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Jan-2006, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Sorry to hear about the cat, Rose! I know you're an animal lover, so that would be particularly upsetting.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Jan-2006, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone..

Hi Valpal its good to see you again..

CR- I feel for you! How awful that must have been for you. Just awful.. But how were you to know?? If this makes you feel any better your not the first that has happened to.. I had a friend that almost the same thing happened-try and think of good thoughts..its good to see you here..

Well have a great day/evening depending where you are...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]