Posted: 12-Sep-2005, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I was surprise to see someone who actually do roleplaying.Activities and place I go are medieval fantastic which mean elves , celt and any character are accept.I try to write a short history for my character to be more on the mood and if someone ask a question I'm ready to say where I came from.The site of Echna which was recommend in another mail was not a great help to find history,many thing missing(well for me).I have to admit the history of my character have many ???There is so many things I don't know about the celt and I want my character historically correct.I have the book The world of the celt by Simon James but not enough.I have order a few books on amazon about the celt , the pictish , Scotland and Ireland.I like history and every detail I can catch I will catch it.

I'm curious, I think it's Eiric(sorry for spelling)who do roleplaying.Why did you choose to be a druid?How did you create your character?

If anyone here is doing roleplaying let me know where did you take your informations,how did you create your character?
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

I do roleplay in a writing sense. I create characters on paper and then we do stories that continue off each other. Right now I am building a website that is based in the "Old Ways" of life. It's almost complete, so if you want something right now, I don't have anything, but I will be getting something up soon.

As for characters, a good rule of thumb is to write for something you know about, you are interested in learning about, and something that you have some sort of passion about. I write about people that are magical and warriors because I have always been fascinated by magic, and I am a karate / Medieval staff fighter. The personality of my characters are always based somewhat on me, loosely to be sure. As for origin, if the world is make believe, then I look at the terrain and see what area would be better for my character - sea, land locked, mountains, affluent towns - that sort of thing.

I have some RP tips on my site, I believe, check out this link, it might help. Sorry if I misunderstood anything you were asking.

Old Ways RP tips

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 12:27 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Yes! I'm the roleplayer and you spelled my name correctly (Eiric)!!!
Well I decided to be a druid because I am very interested in Celtic culture and my religion is quite pagan, so I already celebrated the eight fèiseanan (Samhain, Beltaine etc. ) so it was quite easy to create a character based on a druid. However, it took almost 50 years to be a druid, so I usually say I'm an ovate or a bard - the first steps on the way to become the mantle of a druid. I also speak some Celtic languages and I love roleplaying! When I'm not in a historic roleplay I usually go for an elf! (Although I'm a more funny elf than that Legolas... wink.gif )

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
Eiric 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

And when I create a character I start with this:

1. Who am I?
2. Parents?
3. Siblings?
4. Do I like my family?
5. Any other relatives?
6. Friends?
7. Where do I come from?
8. What's my greatest fear?
9. What makes me happy? angry? sad? gloomy...
10. How old am I?
11. Have I any particular skills?
12. What do I think about humans/elves/wizards/witches/dwarfs/orcs...
13. Do I speak any foreign languages?
14. Am I a traveller or a "I-stick-to -my-village" type?
15. Have I gone abroad - or have I only seen my home town?
16.Have I any animals?
17. Have I any magic powers?
18. Can I transform into any animal?

Etc. etc. etc....
PMEmail Poster               
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 15-Sep-2005, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Hey that's cool to see other people are doing roleplaying.I choose to be a celt because I like the culture and I'm also a pagan so it's impossible to forget important date during the year.I also receive one of the book I order today on celtic history.More to come.And thanks Danann for the link.I also wirte a short story of my character but having tips will help because I'm always afraid to put a feet in my mouth and write something wrong.Maybe when I will have read a book or two and re-write my story I can post it and you can told me if it's looks like real or not.I would like to have advice and comment of other.
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
Posted: 29-Sep-2005, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

Fantastic that yer into LARPIng (live action role playing), if I understood that correclty. I am writing in several Darkover based role plays (via message boards) as its the only way I can actually do that. The Brits are not very much into that sort of thing even though I know there is a lot of Historic Re-enactments around. But I think its quite a different kettle of fish wink.gif. I have to admit that I am quite curious about that and I start to think, that if I were in Germany , I could do that lol. LARPing seems to have quite a few followers over there ...

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

A persona worksheet used by those of us in the SCA Barony of Thescorre can be found at Persona Worksheet webpage.
Another useful site for tips on developing a persona is at Persona Development webpage.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I am still working on my character and I'm searching for last detail like weapon in use and those little thing.Yes it is live action role playing , in nature with no electricity and no shower.I'm just looking for specific detail and soon I think I will be able to post my story.Probably next week but for now , I'm planning my weekend with someone very special,more then a friend,and we are going to a major medieval fair (2 weeks is the longer fair we ever had)with an historic and fantastic part .It's the first time an even like that is done so I don't want to miss that.
PMEmail Poster               
Althea 
Posted: 20-Sep-2008, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

I'm crazy about roleplaying. Just love it. I can recommend you a forum, but I don't know if is allowed. If not, plesase ognore it, k?
rpg forums online

Is an amazing place

also, go to this place,

hogwartsboard

read the topic ROLEPLAYING INFORMATION. Is about Harry Potter, but the ROLEPLAYING rules works for every world, every time.
Let me know if it was helpful.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]