Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,104 Gold!

I have been giving a little thought to this message board and I am going to propose a few changes.

First, I am going to propose removing the Scots Heritage forum, the help desk forum and the top site forum. The Scots Heritage forum has seen little use in the past 3 months as well as the help desk forum. Perhaps the help desk forum and top site forum can simply be combined into one forum under Highlander Radio called “Support Forum”.

Second, how about a few new topics added to the board. We can discuss items that don’t necessarily have a Celtic theme since we are a radio station and do provide news & general information through out the day: At the sametime, I want to limit the number of forums so we don’t “stretch the conversion thin”

Here is my proposed new layout for our message board:

Under General:
- General Discussion
- News Discussion (discuss current and past news events – does not have to be Celtic related)
- Celtic Hearts (posting of short stories & poems – does not have to be Celtic themed)

Under Highlander Radio
- Announcements
- Support
- Celtic Music forum

Under Ireland, Scotland, Wales:
- Celtic History
- Ireland (for our Irish friends)
- Scotland
   Highland Games (will become a sub-forum)
   Scottish Recipes
- Family History

Any comments or feedback on this new design are appreciated. Unless there are any objections, I will make the changes tonight.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ShortBit 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Rienzi, Mississippi USA

The changes sound good to me...we need to add a bit of life to the forum.  I think everyone is feeling the effects of the winter doldrums.
:D
Hope everyone has a great day.

--------------------
ShortBit from Mississippi

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,104 Gold!

Ok great! I will try to get these changes down today. One of my interest before becoming involved in Highlander Radio was collecting and writing short stories and poems, so I have lots of good stuff to post. I  have a few Scottish poems to.

Here in Boston, MA we were in the 60s yesterday. Almost felt like spring might come early, but I understand that several inches of snow is in the forcast now!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I really like the change MacFive.   (d)  (d)  (d) You did a terrific job. I can't wait to read the short stories and the poems.  I like to try new recipes.  The thing with me I never measure anything when I cook, so it's a dash of this and a sprinkle of that.  St. Patrick's Day is coming shortly and I always cook the traditional cornbeef brisket and potatoes or cabbage.  Maybe someone will have another recipe for me to try.

Like your part of the country, today has been beautiful, a nice balmy 73 with the threat of rain showers.  It's more like spring than winter.  It makes a body have spring fever.

Oh by the way I really appreciate the request line.  Music is my one passion and I have to have it daily or I go through major withdrawl. (cry)  (cry)     maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,104 Gold!

Quote (maggiemahone1 @ Jan. 30 2002,2:18)
I really like the change MacFive.   (d)  (d)  (d) You did a terrific job. I can't wait to read the short stories and the poems.  I like to try new recipes.  The thing with me I never measure anything when I cook, so it's a dash of this and a sprinkle of that.  St. Patrick's Day is coming shortly and I always cook the traditional cornbeef brisket and potatoes or cabbage.  Maybe someone will have another recipe for me to try.

Like your part of the country, today has been beautiful, a nice balmy 73 with the threat of rain showers.  It's more like spring than winter.  It makes a body have spring fever.

Oh by the way I really appreciate the request line.  Music is my one passion and I have to have it daily or I go through major withdrawl. (cry)  (cry)     maggiemahone1

Thank you Maggie!

Well, think it was about time to expand the forum a little bit. I think the current content is just about right and I probably will not add much more to it for a while - unless we start getting alot of Irish discussions going, then we would definitely add some Irish sub-topics.

Glad you like the request feature! To be honest with you, I am not aware of any other Celtic internet radio stations that have this feature, so would like to think that Highlander Radio is the first to offer "automated" requests.

Speaking of the request feature, we are going to work on tweaking the pages a little so that song information covers the whole page. Just don't think there is enough room using 75% of the page, especially with long title names and such. Should have this ready by the weekend!

aklassie 
Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

:o)
I like the changes will add new life to the forum.  Like Maggie I like to cook and try new recipes.
Here, it's been above 0 and snowing all day.  Look to get a few inches more by morning.  It's nice, but makes for slick roads.  Sometimes I miss the balming winters in the lower 48.

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]